FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Monday, September 22, 2008

IT'S.....

******************

MANY THANKS to SALLY for hosting this fun event each week.
There's a lot of BLUE out here in Blogland so be sure to stop over and see what the other ladies
are offering up on this
BLUE MONDAY
and be sure to leave a comment for SALLY, too !
*********************************************************
Please forgive me if I show ya'll something more than once...
remember....I'm old !!
HAPPY BLUE MONDAY....
I really love PITCHERS...
well, anything with a handle makes me happy.
Notice the blue plate over there on the side? I'll tell you about them in another BLUE MONDAY post.
shhhh, don't tell the NESTER about this faux greenery..I really am going to change it out and throw this dusty thing away....soon....someday.....I WILL !!
i actually don't like it any more than she does...
i just don't know what to use in it's place....??

I have never noticed that this sweet, little ceramic, hand painted light switch cover
was missing a screw !! Wonder what happened to it? Wonder if it was EVER there?
ANYWAY....
this was my mother's and a friend painted it for her.
I have it in my dining room and sure enjoy having it....
This was Mom's, too. As you can see...she loved BLUE AND WHITE, too.
A granddaughter has her name on the bottom of this one.
I told her she could have it RIGHT NOW (I don't believe in having to wait until I am dead !) but she says she has no place for it right now..."wait until I get a home".....

Now, this teapot.....?? I have never been really sure if I even like it or not. I love teapots.....
there's just something........I don't know what...that I'm not crazy about. Too modern?
Too bold of color? Maybe it just doesn't GO with all the blues and whites?

I'll ask BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER if she likes it.....if so....it's her's !

This is a $3.00 Goodwill pitcher that I really like.
Wonder why people give things like this away?


This one is very old, belonged, once again, to my Mom.
I don't know anything at all about it except that it looks really pretty
with ROSES in it ! :O)
A great story on this LIBERTY BLUE cream and sugar set.
As most of you are aware of, I am on a SOCIAL SECURITY budget and have to spread out my spending.
I saw this set on EBAY a few years ago...under different auctions.
I bid on the sugar and won the bid. The owner emailed me and asked if I was interested in the little creamer.
I told her that due to finances, (or lack of !), I couldn't get it at that time. Maybe NEXT payday, if she still had it.
In a couple of weeks, I received this precious creamer in the mail...along with the sweetest note and she told me she wanted to give it to me as a gift.....I bawled and squalled for about 2 days and then emailed her and got her phone number. I called and thanked her from the bottom of my heart.
She was the sweetest lady!
I've had this fabulous, old crock for a long, long time. I can't even remember when or where I got it.
I love it more today than ever!
I KNOW...I KNOW.....faux greenery....what can I put in it that will look good and soften the edges of the shelf??
*********************
OH, Yes..... I wanted to show you my VEGGIE garden, small as it is, planted in a BLUE bucket! ! heh heh....
This is the first year we have tried container gardening and,
boy, we have really had some nice tomatoes.
These green ones are left, tho, and since the weather is getting cooler, I'm not sure they will ever ripen and turn that
delicious shade of RED.....
sooooo,
maybe.....just MAYBE, I can FINALLY try some of those.......
FRIED GREEN TOMATOES !!
i'm excited !!!!

and did you love this movie as much as I did?
"FRIED GREEN TOMATOES"

OMGosh....it was such a great movie. Did you recognize the music playing as the soundtrack from the movie ?

I'VE lost count of how many times I've seen this movie....and ...I just BOUGHT the DVD so I can watch it
again and again and again !
I can watch it while I eat my FRIED GREEN TOMATOES ! !

"RUTH, DON'T NEVER SAY NEVER TO ME !"
************************
oh....I LOVED IT !!

NOTE just in:

from JUDY
"I, too, loved the movie, "Fried Green Tomatoes" and had to tell you that my husband and I went to the actual cafe and town where parts of it were filmed! The cafe and "town" is located in Juliette, Georgia. We sat in the cafe and ate the best fried green tomatoes I've ever had in my life.The cafe is EXACTLY as it is in the movie. The "town" was doctored quite a bit in the movie but there are several buildings you would recognize.Go there if you ever have a chance. Worth the visit. :)"

********************************************

SO MANY thanks, JUDY....

I am so envious that you actually got to see the infamous WHISTLE STOP CAFE

and actually had FRIED GREEN TOMATOES there !!!!

thanks for sharing !!!!!

it is supposed to be a beautiful day, plentry of sunshine and warmth....it's going to be hard for me to stay inside and CLEAN HOUSE but....it must be done!

POOR ME...


"a man works from dusk till dawn,
a woman's work is never done !"

***********************************************
i'm NOT having a BLUE MONDAY, tho, 'cause a friend called and we've meeting for LUNCH !! wooo hooo !
these COBWEBS and DUST BUNNIES can wait another day !!
we had a fabulous lunch...
CORN DOGS and APRICOT FRIED PIES....
TODAY was FAIR DAY...and would u believe that, me of all people, forgot my trusty CAMERA !!

39 comments:

Dawn said...

So much to comment on. Where do I start. I love all of your blue this week! The pictures are really lovely. I do like that teapot. You are right though about it being a bit modern looking. I think the switch plate is very pretty. I love old crocks. I saw one (a huge) one at a yard sale for $5 but someone beat me to it. That was such a sweet story about the creamer. It warms my heart to hear such nice stories!

What a great idea for a container. I wish I had thought to pick up a couple while they were on sale. I'd love to try that on my deck next summer!

I love the movie Fried Green Tomatoes. I just watched it again this summer.

take care,
Dawn

Kathleen Grace said...

Good Morning BJ and happy fall equinox! I love all your blue and don't worry about that faux greenery, it has it's place and as long as it does the trick I dont see anything wrong with it:>) Hae a great time at lunch today!

SmilingSally said...

I like pitchers too, and your blue ones are beautiful!

eBayers who sell are generally nice people. I'm glad you found a good one.

Your tomatoes are so huge--and so many--out of one bucket! Call me when they're ripe, and I'll eat 'em right off the vine!

Have a nice lunch with your friend.

Anonymous said...

Good morning, dear lady. You're getting us all off to a great start with this wonderful post.

I love all of your blues, and I like your teapot, too. I think it adds a nice "punch" of fun.

And, that's one of my favorite movies, too.

Have fun at lunch.

Unknown said...

Love all your blue pitchers and containers! Get a REAL ivy for that crock, lady!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning BJ
I LOVE pitchers too. I just don't have the space to put the ones I see that I'd love to own though. Yours are beautiful. I love the blue and white one in particular. That teapot you question is lovely. I love the reds in it. Its not too bold or modern. It really doesn't have to go with the blue and whites...its for another kind of blue day and feeling.

Thank you for sharing so very many beautiful blue things in your home.

I won't be having a blue day either!
Have a great day.
Judi

Grandma Faith said...

Great Blue Monday post..pretty blue pitchers, tea pots, tomato bucket, and a wonderful ebay story. Have a good time at lunch. Take care.

Picket said...

Morning girl..loved the blue stuff and what a sweet thing for that lady to do to give you that little creamer...oh BJ you have got to make some fried green tomatoes...I just mix about 1/2 cup flour...1/2 ....1/4 cup meal...and just enough buttermilk to make a thick batter and then I slice the tomatoes into nice semi thick slices and drop them in the batter and coat them good and fry them in a skillet...drain on paper towels and salt them and get me some ranch dressing and lordy I am drooling here..but they are fantastic!!! lol lol have a great day out with your friend sweetie!

Amelia said...

Blue and white being at the top of the list of my favorite colors made looking at your items such a pleasant experience.

You do give interesting guided tours of your Texas home.

Enjoy your lunch with your girfriend.

Amelia

Anonymous said...

BJ, I love all of your blue and white. How special to have those treasures from your mom. I too have some greenery that has to go. I am not ready to give it up altogether though. Sometime. I did love that movie Fried Green Tomatoes. I too planted tomatoes in a container for the first time ever. We have enjoyed the crop so much. Some of my green ones are taking forever to ripen as well. I guess I better find a recipe for fried green tomatoes. I'll ask Picket, as she has been cooking up a storm. smile

Hugs, Jeanne

Anonymous said...

B.J. who better to show off her BLUE than you, I still remember how fall wasn't your favorite decor season cause there wasn't enough blue for you...ahh, the good old days of rms...hope this finds you well ! Take care, and stop by some time, I would love to hear from you, Chrissy

Bo said...

Hi BJ...I am beginning to wonder if we aren't actual kinfolks...
"Fried Green Tomatoes" is on my favorite movie list...I've seen it 6 times and some friends gave it to me as a gift...I read the book too...by the way...Wal-Mart sells FROZEN breaded green tomatoes in the veggie freezer...I tried them...okay, but not like my grandmother used to make. ;-) Bo

Susan Hickam said...

Wow! You are really rich in wonderful blue things! I love them all but the light switch cover is really sweet. My mother and I used to watch that movie together and she loved the book too. Stop by my blog today as I am announcing a giveaway. Happy Blue Monday!

Nancy Rosalina said...

BJ, I love all the blue and some of the stories with each piece is priceless...the ebay story...the teapot from your Mom and the light switch...girl, I really enjoyed this post!!! You have uplifted my spirit today...and I needed that! Hope you enjoy your day. How blessed to be having lunch with a friend today! Blessings to you, Nancy

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous pitchers! I really love the top one and the $3 Goodwill one. And what a sweet story about that creamer.

Baby Vagabond said...

Your always a bright spot in my day, whether it's my first cup of coffee or my third!

((hugs)) Rosie

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

What a lovely post BJ....All your pictures and I sure can tell you like the color blue...that is the way I feel about Pink...I love all your treasures from your Mom....
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Sweetie said...

Good morning, BJ - I don't know where to start. Each of your blues is lovely. I especially like your teapots and the switch plate. Also, I've watched Fried Green Tomatoes over and over again.
Lovre, Sweetie

Anonymous said...

Hi BJ!
Wow you have a lot of fun blue treasures. I'm always attracted to pitchers and creamers and teapots and teacups and blue dishes. OOps...
Your mom's old stuff is fabulous. It's fun that your grandchildren are claiming some items already. I like that! Happy Fall to you and have a wonderful Monday!

Salmagundi said...

I love the blue transferware coffee pot. You are blessed that a granddaughter will cherish it. I don't have a whole lot of family and think about who will take care of all this stuff when I'm gone. Have a great day. Sally

Anne Fannie said...

Wow, what lovely blue stuff! I love all your pitchers and teapots! You don't have to worry about posting twice with me, this is my first blue monday and all your pictures are new to me! LOL
Happy Blue Monday!
Love, Ann

Neabear said...

I don't mind if you accidently post stuff twice. It is twice the fun that way. I love that blue teapot you wondered about. I don't know. I guess the Scandanavian in me likes that teapot. It looks sort of Scandanavian to me. Also I really enjoyed watching Fried Green Tomatoes. I should watch it again.

Anonymous said...

I am so out of it ..... I really need to pay attention and join in on the fun events..... you are so with it.... BJ is in the know.... love all your blue teapots....
I tried to get Tivo to record "Fired Green Tomatoes " and it wasn't there...booo hooo
HUgs
Linda

Sandi McBride said...

Pitchers and teapots, vases and creamers...all too lovely...and my favorite book in the world...wonderful post!
hugs
Sandi

Anonymous said...

Good morning and happy first day of Autumn, BJ.

I love the creamer story!

I always enjoy your posts!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I love all of your pretty blue things. Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the Blue. I love pitchers and crocks also. If we shopped together we would have to share =)

judy said...

Happy "Blue" Monday.....and it really could not possibly be a blue one for me. Fall has begun! Yeah!!!!!!!!

Love all your blue.

I, too, loved the movie, "Fried Green Tomatoes" and had to tell you that my husband and I went to the actual cafe and town where parts of it were filmed!

The cafe and "town" is located in Juliette, Georgia. We sat in the cafe and ate the best fried green tomatoes I've ever had in my life.

The cafe is EXACTLY as it is in the movie. The "town" was doctored quite a bit in the movie but there are several buildings you would recognize.

Go there if you ever have a chance. Worth the visit. :)

santamaker said...

Your blues are wonderful... enjoyed peeking at them!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

I love all your blues BJ. But I especially loved the switch plate. It is so pretty. And I know I would never find one like it anywhere since it was handpainted by your mother's friend. Maybe one day I might find one that is close to it.

Unknown said...

Loved the movie too! My favs are the switch plate you have pictured and the first tea pot but all your blues are lovely!

Just A Girl said...

HI Bj,
I'm glad your Blue Monday wasn't really blue. Did you notice the girls in the picture had on blue aprons? And by the way, what exactly are fried green tomatoes and how does one fry them and in what? I hope you have a beautiful autumn day!
XO Cori

rosemary said...

I found your blog today and enjoyed the "Blue Monday" pictures. I especially enjoyed the story of the Liberty Blue sugar and creamer. Isn't it wonderful the way God blesses us in so many ways? Also LOVE the pictures you have posted of our NEXT president and vice president.

Mary said...

BJ,

Your Blue Monday post has some of my favorite things in it - teapots and pitchers. I love them and that crock is beautiful.

I can't think of what to do with the crock, but why don't you add some autumn leaves and sunflowers to the pitcher. I think they would be awesome in it.

Love the teapot your granddaughter has her name on. It is beautiful.

I really enjoyed my visit with you. If you have time, drop over to my place.

Take care and have a great week.
Blessings,
Mary

Life on the Edge said...

Oh my, I just LOVE all those pitchers!!! My favorite is that blue one with the flowers that you got from your mother. I also like the blue and white one. I wonder if its Delft. That cute teapot that you want to give your granddaughter is just adorable! I don't blame her for wanting it!

I love that movie...it's one of my all time favorites!

Kady

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi BJ...love you blue posting. Here I live in GA and haven't checked out that cafe...ok, I'm going now! I love all you blue treasures, especially the blue and white pitcher of your Mom's. Thanks for a great Blue Monday! Susan

Betty said...

Such beautiful things, thanks for sharing. The painted light switch is just such a beautiful thing.
Hope things are going just wonderful for you!

Betty

Celene said...

Hi BJ! How are you? I am a total pitcher freak, so I love your pitchers. My favorite one was your mom's. I have seen that one before somewhere, but don't know where. I also love the fall photo on the top of your blog. Very autumn harvesty! God Bless, Celene

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello BJ!

Love your Blue Monday post! So many pretties! And Green Fried Tomotoes is my ALL TIME favorite movie! Hummm, think I must watch it again! Have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Maryjane