FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Canton was SO STINKIN' FUN ....!!

Hello, Bloggerettes....
Oh, boy..we had so much fun at Canton. It was the most AWESOME trade day sale I've ever been to in my entire life. If you ever get the chance to go, go for it. The weather was slightly cool...we wore hoodies most of the time....and it was a tad windy but SOOO much better than it will be in the summer months.
It gets MIGHTY hot in East Texas in the summer. May is the perfect time to go....

 Stacy in the pilot seat, me the co-pilot....
and DEEDS ... TAIL GUNNER  :>)

It was about 1 in the afternoon when we got started on Thursday.  Canton is a 7 hour drive from Lubbock
and we wanted to get there in time for a nice dinner and a COMFY bed....get a good nights
sleep for the MARATHON of FIRST MONDAY TRADE DAYS in CANTON, TEXAS.
WOO....HOO....!!!

 No bluebonnets around Canton right now.
Not sure what the yellow ones are called...other than BEAUTIFUL....

 At the motel, she got all settled in with her book before she was ready to sleep.

The next morning....WE WERE READY !!
Stac had her cart....
I bought one when we got inside the flea market and it's red...with a cup holder...
gonna look cute by the pool for wet towels.

 Lookin' for a signal....

Takin' a rest...










The top was cute but she said she felt like a CLOWN in in......:))

...didn't buy it.














We ate once at the MONKEY something CREPES...

and I highly recommend it.



She is absolutely one of the BRIGHTEST STARS in my whole universe.
Deeds made our GIRLS GETAWAY WEEKEND
the very best ever !!




Another great thing is that I got to visit with a couple of favorite cousins while on our trip.....



Love ya all......bj

24 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Now that does look like a fun day Bj!~ Never been to Canton but now I want to go. Enjoy your day, see you Monday!~

Audrey said...

What fun to get away with your girls and shop for goodies. I have always wanted to go, but that's a lot of walking. Anxious to see what you bought.
Hugs,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Beverly said...

Such a fun time! Thanks for sharing your adventure.

Adrienne said...

Oh, I wish I could have gone with you! Looks like it was bunches of fun all in one place!
~Adrienne~

Madeline's Album said...

Looks like you, your daughter, and granddaughter had a great time. Thanks for sharing this post with us. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Latane Barton said...

Bj, that looks like the best fun ever and three generations got to do it together. Wow

Stacey said...

BJ, I so wanted to come meet you there but we were busy. I didn't get to go. We just live 45 minutes from Canton. Next time y'all can stay with us. :)

Irene said...

Looks like you all had fun.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Sounds like a great little trip!!!

And more memories made. :-)

Julie D said...

Just checking in to say hi and get caught up on your life!!!!!! XOXOXO

Jackie said...

Looks like you had a blast BJ.

God bless.

Beth said...

It all sounds wonderful!!

Mecky said...

It sounds like you had a blast! I hope to be able to go someday.

It's so wonderful that the girls were found alive!! PTL!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Looks and sounds like you all have a great time! I agree about the checkered top..wouldn't have bought it either.
Deed's always looks like she is happy.. :) What a nice getaway!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Deeds sure is a cutie. Hope you found lots of treasures for your new home.
Happy Mothers Day.
Mary

Kathleen Grace said...

it sounds like a great girl getaway! I would love that:>)

Unknown said...

You must have had the best of times with your girls. So much fun and plenty to do! Thanks for the share!
Purrs,
Kitty & Mum

Jeanne said...

Hooray, you had a wonderful time. I LOVE your photos and the sharing of your wonderful trip. I WANT TO GO. I am glad you are home 'safe and sound' my sister friend.

It is shocking about those girls but a miracle they are out of the h... they were in. I can't even imagine how awful those 10 years have been. Poor things and how sad that their families have suffered so much. Your pic tells it all.
Love, Jeanne

Cheryl @ TFD said...

This sounds like such a fun trip! Your girls are both so cute and look like they had a grand time. I'd love to go sometime.

Sarah said...

Never been to Canton, but it's on my list. Looks like you girls had a grand time.

Debbie said...

It looks just wonderful, and the best part is that it was a girls weekend.

I am in great need of a girls weekend with our three generations in attendance.

Pondside said...

What could be more fun than a road trip with your girls?.....well, a road trip with your girls that includes shopping at a big fair like that! Thanks for taking us along with you.

On Crooked Creek said...

BJ,
What an amazing way to spend a Girls Weekend, dear friend!!!
I'll be watching for you new cart on wheels!!!
Fondly,
Pat

CaraRose said...

BJ, I went to First Monday for the very first time in March with my dd who lives in North Richland Hills, TX. It was so awesome. Can't wait to go back again.
Glad you had a great time and found some treasures!

Hugs, Cara Rose