FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Can you REALLY "have your cake and eat it, too?"

HI, EVERYBODY....
I had planned to post this on Monday morning but
decided to go ahead and post it now..

As some of you know,
I made these cute letters for my kitchen about 3 years ago...
and they are STILL loved.

I like the SAYING as much as the letters themselves...



and, I don't really NEED
the signage to remind me to
BAKE a cake...

a PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN
cake.

I found this cute idea over at CHERRY HILL COTTAGE and ran to HOBBY LOBBY as quickly as I could get there, bought the large letters, scrapbook pages, Mod Podge and made them in one evening.

I have loved them to pieces for all these years....
and  THEN....
I discovered that, in my NEW kitchen...there's 
NO PLACE for my
'EAT CAKE....'
Oh dear....

Well, actually it isn't the end of the world, by any means.
They are  only wooden letters, brightly colored and enjoyed for over 3 years.

So what if 
I can't have my EAT CAKE....!!

Something took me to TJMaxx the other day....
I was looking for cute rugs and pillows with a tiny bit of Terra Cotta in them...
didn't find anything and was about to leave when I saw
THIS....


I was so dumbfounded, I could barely walk....
actually, for just a few seconds, I was STUNNED and rooted to the spot I was standing in.
 ~ ~
Now, I don't know about YOU but I take this kind of thing as WORDS FROM GOD.

I do !!

I mean, here I am, walking around thru the store, thinking about  not being able to use my EAT CAKE
at the new place....(which, again, IS NO BIG DEAL)
and here was this SIGN....just hanging there....waiting for me to find it.

I know in my heart that HE is telling me this is going to be 
SUCH A GOOD MOVE for Mr. Sweet and I.....
and...
HE threw in this ADORABLE, BLACK and WHITE sign 
'cause HE knows I love my black and white....isn't HE something else !!
SO COOL.



I don't mind giving up my little wooden letters one bit....


(APPLE CAKE with PRALINE GLAZE..... )










Of course, we all know the meaning of
" have your cake and eat it, too".

and it doesn't necessarily mean the treat, CAKE.  ;)





I just LUV this cute sign and
guess what......

there's the PERFECT spot in my new kitchen for it.....
IMAGINE THAT !!!!  :)

I love it !!

As soon as I get it all nestled into it's new home, I'll take a pic and show you.

Such a tiny thing....but,

it's the LITTLE things that can keep a smile on our face.



Speaking of a SMILE ON OUR FACE,
I am about to put a smile on
DOGMOM DIVA, aka BARB
because she is the winner of the generous giveaway by
GOOSE CREEK CANDLE COMPANY.
"Barb, I'll send your email address to Goose Creek and they will, in turn,
contact you for your mailing address and CHOICE OF SCENT.
CONGRATULATIONS....
and I hope you will so enjoy burning your candle.

For ease in choosing a GREAT candle, just order yours from
goosecreekcandle.com
They ship so fast and pack so well.
Linking with:

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI BJness! Oh, God was looking out fr you and let you find this little sign! I do love your "Eat Cake"! Isn't that Kim's kitchen at Daisy Cottage? I do miss her.
Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

NanaDiana said...

It is definitely a sign from God! He is paving the way for a smooth transition and giving you little moments of your heart's desire- xo Diana

Donnie said...

Congrats to Barb and I'm so happy you're settling in to such a lovely home. Hugs.

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Love the new sign, I know it will look snazzy in your new space, love the black and white so you know it will fit in so perfect...have a cheery day

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

Your posts always put a smile on my face. :) And, yes, I believe God speaks to us in ways such as this all the time! I can't wait to see your new sign in your new kitchen. Congrats to your lucky winner! I wish it was me. :( Oh well, I'll just have to order me one of those yummy smelling candles. Have a great week!

Beth said...

I would call that Divine intervention at the highest level!

Pineapple upside down cake is my favorite cake.

Sarah said...

This was meant just for you. Enjoy that cake and ice cream tonight. Have a bite for me.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

BJ that sign is so cute and perfect for your new home! God is so good to us even in small ways like this! Love pineapple upside down cake, but haven't had one in years...might have to change that soon!
hugs, Linda

Vee said...

It's perfect for you! I loved this story. Someone, somewhere is going to love those darling letters that you made.

Pondside said...

This certainly put a smile on my face too - definitely no accident or coincidence!

Lynn said...

How fun that you found the new sign BJ! I know you'll enjoy it:@)

Jojo said...

Such a great post! So happy you've got your cake.

Dogmom Diva said...

BJ, I am soo excited about winning a candle!! What a treat that new candle will be in my home..Just what I needed. Thank you again!

Love those cakes, love pineapple upside down cake with a dollop of whipped cream, oh my..something is telling me to make one..

I love your new sign and look forward to seeing a pic of it in it's new home.

Have a blessed week, and thank you once again!

Barb

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your new sign is wonderful. How fun to find it. Hugs, Marty

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Serendipity.....and cute to boot!

Madeline's Album said...

The new sign is very nice. All the cakes you described and pictured look so good. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Stacey said...

It is perfect for you BJ. :)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Love the story of how you "found" your sign. I know you have your reasons, for such. But I have mine too.

I have learned to let myself tune into my synchrinosity, for some time now. Meaning, when I have an interest in something, I allow myself to be drawn to things, pertaining to that something.

Me! I do it! Because humans have this ability, if they hone it. Me! A very human ability. Me!

See, I see nothing wrong with giving myself credit, for what I can. Nothing wrong with it, at all. :-)

And I know that it's fine with you and with me, if we don't always agree. Fine! Loves'ya' Hon!!!!!

Beverly said...

It was meant to be. Perfection!

eileeninmd said...

I love the Eat Cake letters and your new sign! Nice post, but now I am craving Pineapple upside down cake. Great post, have a happy week!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

great find! This will always remind you of your letters you made. When we moved about 3 years ago, I remember hating to have to get rid of things that would not "go" in our new home - I still miss them, but, like you, found great replacements!

BunnyKissd said...

How serendipitous to come across that sign! And what a delicious mosaic of cakes!

Theresa said...

I adore that sign and I DO believe in those messages from God:). Have a blessed day and congrats to the lucky winner. Hugs

Unknown said...

How fun - so glad you found that new sign...Hugs!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A nice cake story with a happy ending, the new sign is awesome.

Jackie said...

LOL, God works in mysterious ways. Glad you found the perfect sign.

God bless.

Jeanne said...

Hi bj, I haven't been visiting because I knew you were on break. Have officially moved by now? I am so anxious to see your new place and I am so happy you love your new home.

The sign was heavenly sent for sure. Take it seriously. BIG smile here. I'm sorry about your letters but that happens a lot when one moves. I had to get rid of so much stuff when moved here. However, we too love where we live and decorating all over again was so much fun. I'm not done yet but getting there and it will soon be five years.

Congrats to Barb. Your giveaways are awesome. Can you send me your new address. I have a little housewarming gift for you. Something useful. Email me soon. Smile.
Love you much,
Jeanne

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I love that sign! It is just too cute. I never need an excuse to eat cake either!

Irene said...

What a great find. God does have a sense of humor. We just have to listen.

B. WHITTINGTON said...

bj
Don't know how you found my blog but however you did it - it was meant to be. As soon as I read your post I knew we were meant to find each other. Doesn't God work in the most wonderful ways.
Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to snoop around here and hopefully find the recipe for the muffins with the praline frosting.
I'm supposed to be going gluten free and I am trying but it's danged hard! I know, I need to try harder but I'm old to learn new things. Like gluten free.
Oh well.
Bless you for finding me. Welcome to my list of friends!
Barb

Books by Barbara A. Whittington
Vada Faith, women's mainstream about a surrogacy gone wrong;
Ezra and Other Stories, a collection of short stories.
All available on Amazon.

On Crooked Creek said...

BJ,
Assurance!!!
Assurance that being a Child of the King,He knows our every need and doth supply!!!
I can't wait to see this new sign in your new kitchen!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Michelle said...

Things have a way of working out like they are supposed to :)

Kathleen Grace said...

Aw man, I have always loved those eay cake letters! But the new sign is adorable and something tells me it will be just perfect for the new kitchen:>)

Unknown said...

lol. Everyone needs a piece of cake! Love your sign.I saw it at Ross yesterday and thought where could i put it? I have no room....)

Stacy said...

What an awesome sign! I love the actual sign and the sign that our Lord used to show you things were going in the right direction! Love Love Love You too! ps. i want the Eat Cake letters for my kitchen if you are getting rid of them....

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Such a fun and cheerful addition to a kitchen. I can see why you are drawn to it. It is so quintessentially you. :D
Thanks for sharing.
p