FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I love random days....


33 miners.....
33 days before the drill broke thru...
33 yrs. JESUS CHRIST lived on this earth.!

 I had one of those days that you feel like you WANT to do something around the house..
Not really CLEANING exactly...
More like....
nesting...
 you know.....
moving stuff...changing things up a tad...
*
 Trying a hundred different ways...things...
KINDA liking this and NOT liking that...
*
before you find the look for the season....

 I brought in all my outside plants and just hope I can find a good spot for them...
 This has been my pride all summer long, hanging beside my porch swing....
Usually when I bring a Boston Fern  inside, a lot of leaves fall off and they start looking
pretty pathetic...
but, I am told this is normal..
just give them light and water and a good misting ....
No fertilizer until spring.....
 I filled candy bowls with....
candy...
....and had to take photos of my  little new cup from THE MAXX...
and the adorable polka dot pumpkin that looks just like a bowling ball with a ribbon !!
 
Autumn colored M AND M'S........does it get any better ?

I unpacked some of my fall decorations...
I don't have many....
and I won't be doing HALLOWEEN until the week OF Halloween...

 Of course, when I started moving things around somewhat,
I HAD to do a little cleaning...
*
I had to clean the vases of these little hurricanes  before
adding just a hint of fallness...
*
 I cleaned out bookcases and shelves...

...and dusted all the books..
WHEW....
 ...... time to take a look at the new COUNTRY LIVING...
one of my favorite magazines...
*
 ...some really cute ideas for HALLOWEEN...
*
 How do people afford to buy this many pumpkins ??
Maybe they raise their own....wonder how hard it is to grow pumpkins?
....and could it be done in your flower bed, ya think?
I would LUV to grow just a few...
*
I haven't read yet just how to do this but,
if it's DOABLE, I am going to give it a try...
SOOO cute and I would LOVE to do it  on one of my leaning mirrors...
*
Cinnamon toast, plain buttered toast and strawberries...
I am thankful to our FATHER for all my blessings.
**
I hope ya'll have a
random day....
doing just what you what to do...!!
LOL=LOTS OF LOVE  TO YOU...
I am linking with
SIMPLE PLEASURES

15 comments:

Kathleen said...

My sister grows the little pumpkins. She does well with them on a little spit of land!
Cute mug and I remember that adorable pumpkin.
The only Halloween I do is on the table, and then after I use it, it gets packed away till next year. If I don't use it in a scape, you know who says throw it out!
I do Fall, but just Halloween for the tables.
And no real pumpkins, just lots of faux. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi BJness! You've been one busy gal today! I'm rejoicing with you about the rescued miners! Hallelujah!
Wow, what energy you have! I love all of your snaps and there you go leaving me a little bit of food again!!
BJ, forgive me. I do see where you'd linked up with me! I was just so excited I didn't see it! You're the bestest! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Adrienne said...

Wonderful post, my friend. Amazing how the number thirty three has such meaning! So thankful the men are out of the mine. Loved seeing how you played with things at home.
~Adrienne~

Anonymous said...

Hi Grandma!
OOhhh i love your LOL mug it made me laugh and your home looks so cosy,you are a very stylish lady everything coordinates beautifully,
We prayed here too for the miners isn't it just fantastic? lifts your spirits,God is good and we have lot to be thankful for,
Love Kristina XxX

Rita said...

Beautiful photos!
Those miners is a miracle that seems to have brought our world together in peace and happiness. Our mixed up planet needed a feeel good story!
Rita

Susan said...

When I saw on CNN the first miners come out of the mine , I cried. What a blessed God we serve!!
Your decorations are awesome!!

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Beeeej,
I want to sit in the black rocker and red lamp and eat those M&M's and read that Country Living magazine!!!
xoxo

Beverly said...

Maybe you should come over to my house and move some things around. I would love a different perspective, and you make everything look great.

My heart, too, is filled with joy for the miracle with the miners. God is good.

Autumn M&Ms? I must go to the store.

Kathleen Grace said...

Love that LOL mug and the way you have the polka dot pumpkin arranged with the sparkling glass items. I have always had trouble with Boston ferns dying in the winter and I just gave up on them! Maybe I should give them another chance and just deal with the brown leaves in the winter. Pumpkins are easy to grow, but the vines really spread out. If you don't mind them all over your yard. I don't mind because I think even the vines are beautiful!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hello dear BJ,

Love all of your "rearranging". I like random days like that too. I am sooo happy for the minors too. Hubby and I watched a lot of the rescue efforts. It's just amazing!!

Blessings to you!
Debbie

La said...

Hi BJ!

I like your black and white pumpkin. It's funny; before I read your caption, I wondered how people afford so many pumpkins. :o)

I'm so happy for all the miners, their families, and country. It was definitely a momentous event. La

A Hint of Home said...

Sounds like a fun day just doing the things you want to do.
All your vignettes are so pretty.

Simple Home said...

You've been busy :-) It looks wonderful around your house. I love that lol cup too.
Blessings,
Marcia

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

BJ Thanks for coming by my place. I love what you wrote about nesting. Thats the mood I've been in, must be time to get ready for winter...LOVE the black polka dot pumpkin! Blessing dear sweet lady! Debbie

Anonymous said...

BJ,
What a wonderful, putzing, moving things around, nesting kind of day!
Thanks for sharing it! Lovely.