FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Pink Pig....Fredericksburg, Texas



ALL COOKIES are delicious....

but, PINK COOKIES have to be the BEST. !!

THE PINK PIG BAKERY & CAFE,
FREDERICKSBURG, TEXAS

Even their brown bags are adorable....

Altho I didn't get a  PINK PIG  SHORTBREAD  COOKIE,
there's not a doubt in my olden mind that they aren't 
MOUTHWATERING GOOOOD...!!

HERE is the recipe, found online.

I haven't made them yet.... 


 




I still have some of the
SWIG SUGAR COOKIES
in the freezer
to bring out some evening when we are SWEET HUNGRY
and I'll bake up a batch, fresh and hot.   
 (my Weekly Top Shot)

THEN....
I'll wait awhile and make the 
PINK PIG 
SHORTBREAD COOKIES  

 


Don't you love that there's such a thing in this world as
PINK GUMMY PIGS....???

ahhh, what a wonderful world.

Waaay too cute.











I think it would be loads of fun
to have both these tee shirts....





The founder and owner of
THE PINK PIG BAKERY & CAFE,
Rebecca Rather, has written several pastry cookbooks.

She, at one time, had
 RATHER SWEET BAKERY & CAFE
located in Austin, Texas.

I think it is closed down for now.





THEN, we heard via THE PINK PIG Facebook,
that they closed their doors  at Fredericksburg.....since they LOST THEIR LEASE....
BUM...MER !!

She does say that she plans to find a new location in FREDERICKSBURG, TEXAS...

and I also heard that you MIGHT could still order those amazing PINK PIG COOKIES
and maybe a cute tee shirt.......

...even her SWEETS cookbooks.....
all off her Facebook so you might give it a try if you want to purchase
anything from her cuteness.



 XOXO, bj




 

 Here's a tiny FAMILY TIDBIT....

My grandmother, Emma, was expecting my mama when her brother was going off to war.
Emma said, "Fred, I swear to you that no matter if this baby is a girl or a boy, I will name it after you."

My mama came along and was named HELEN FREDERICK....
I think this is the SWEETEST story I've ever heard.

Emma's brother, Fred, didn't come home from the war.





NOTE:

Sarah has left a new comment on your post "The Pink Pig....Fredericksburg, Texas":

BJ, I'm here to tell you that Rebecca found another location and is just outside of Fredricksburg as you drive in from Austin. She named this bakery and restaurant The Pink Pig. Yes, she still has those yummy pig pig cookies and lots of other goodies too. If I go to Fredricksburg, I always stop on my way back to Austin. Gotta take some of her cookies back with me. '-)
Funny, I have photos sitting in my files with the thought that I'd do a post. Pink pigs! '-) 

Thanks, Sarah, for letting us know this.....now, if any of us go to Fredericksburg,
we can get those PINK PIGGY COOKIES....
:>)  
 
HAPPY HOUR FRIDAY

26 comments:

Kelly said...

That is a sweet story about your family. Those cookies looked good. Too bad they had to close their business.

Audrey said...

Love the name Emma and love your story. My sister who is ten years older that me, is named Emma Gene. Called EmmaGene as if it was one word. She is in a nursing home right now and 92 years old. She and I are the only ones left of seven kids.

Cookies look great. We are only 25 miles from Fredericksburg, but never been to that bakery. Maybe I should go check it out.
Hugs,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Phyllis @Around the House said...

What a fun story and I love the picture of your grandmother, what a beauty...you are right all cookies are better when they are pink and the pink piggy cookies are delightful, so sorry to hear the business closed. Come over and see my house guests...Phyllis

Lynn said...

The Pink Pig sounds like a fun place to visit! I hope they find a new location soon so you can try one of those cookies BJ:@)

Debbie said...

I love the story about your mom's middle name. My younger daughter shares her late uncle's middle name for the same reason. (He didn't die in war but died the year before she was born.)

And for whatever reason, the name "The Pink Pig" and the pink themed sweets make me smile.

Hootin Anni said...

Tho the name is awesome, I teared up knowing that Frederick didn't come home from the war. How sad. But his legacy lives on in your mom's middle name.

Pink Pig Cookies [my daughter would LOVE those ---her favorite color is pink and she collects pigs]

AND...Fredericksburg Texas........one of my favorite Texas Towns.

Adam said...

touching family story

Madeline's Album said...

Love the story of how your mother got her middle name. So sorry Frederick did not make it home from the war but so thankful for his service and sacrifice. The pink pig cookies look delicious. Have a blessed and safe Friday the 13. Madeline

Mecky said...

That was a sweet story about your grandmother.

I love the pink pig cookies. I will have to run to town to get a pig cookie cutter. My granddaughter is wanting to come over to make PINK cookies! How perfect!

Vee said...

That is a sweet story and a sad one, too. You still have some Swig cookies? Gosh, you two are GOOD!

Red Couch Recipes said...

I was so excited to tell my sister, who lives in San Antonio about the Pink Pig. Sorry they lost their lease. The cookies look sooo yummy and fun. That was a sad story. It made me cry! Joni

Sarah said...

BJ, I'm here to tell you that Rebecca found another location and is just outside of Fredricksburg as you drive in from Austin. She named this bakery and restaurant The Pink Pig. Yes, she still has those yummy pig pig cookies and lots of other goodies too. If I go to Fredricksburg, I always stop on my way back to Austin. Gotta take some of her cookies back with me. '-)
Funny, I have photos sitting in my files with the thought that I'd do a post. Pink pigs! '-)

Jeannie Marie said...

Love all the pink piggies! My sister's last name is derived from the Norman-French word porcel, which in turn comes from the Latin word porcus, which means pig in some language. So with that connection... they have always collected pigs!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

So cute!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,
Debbie

TexWisGirl said...

you made my mouth water...

i used to call 'baker's ribs' the pink pig because that was their logo, too. delicious ribs and bbq. now, i'd like to follow it with pink sugar cookies! :)

Jeanne said...

Hi bj, I have a great big pink piggy smile on my face.I want some of those cookies...NOW! HA! I will just have to make them. I think I have a pig cookie cutter. I will have to check it out. Tank for th tip.

I also read your 911 post. I can't keep from crying for the loss of so many wonderful people. It breaks my heart and just think of those who lost loved ones that day. I too believe President Bush did an outstanding job during the crisis.

I love your story about your mom's name. How sad that Fred did not survive the war.

One of my sisters is seriously ill and we are so scared. I will post about it soon because she needs prayers.

Wishing you happy days my dear sister friend.
Love, Jeanne

Jeanne said...

Seriously, "Thanks for the tip" HA!
me again

Theresa said...

Oh how fun! I love PINK:) And I love PIGS, so a pink pig... PERFECT! Enjoy your weekend dear BJ, HUGS!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Hi BJ! I love this post! The family story, the pigs, the pink, the cookies! I am no where near Texas but it all just warms my heart. I pinned the recipe because I just love those plain shortbread cookies with frosting! Following you GFC and have been following you Bloglovin'!

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Oh, those pink piggy cookies do look delicious! I haven't had a good cookie in a long time!

I would love to find the pink piggy gummies, too. Unfortunately, we do not have any specialty stores or boutiques to find such goodies.
A wonderful family story!
♥ Jil

Little Wandering Wren said...

I better not show your blog to my kids they would love the pink cookies and pigs - shame we are o far away!
Wrenx

Holly said...

So much fun! Would love to have you join my pinky linky party for Breast Cancer Awareness beginning Sept 22. Hugs, Holly
http://coconutheadsurvivalguide.com/blog/

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! I've collected pig stuff since I was 10 years old, that's 53 years of stuff...Thank you for coming by sharing your creative photography on Weekly Top Shot #100!

CailinMarie said...

wonderful! everyone needs a fan club that will go out there and share their favorite things about your store, or bakery, or pink piggies. Are you just the best? Loved this post and that darling tidbit about Emma and Fred.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What a cute post and now I want a pink piggy cookie. And loved the family story, so sweet!

Beverly said...

I am late getting here, but Happy Pink Saturday.

Now, you know I would love a Pink Pig Cookie. I have loved shortbread since I was a child.