FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Thursday, November 29, 2012

I'm going in circles....

Hi, Everyone.
This time of year is finding me sooo busy. Busier than I've been in a long, long time. I have this natural instinct to want to NEST, even at the busiest and oddest times.

I've been tweaking my living room mantel yet again. It's one of those spots that I get all decorated up and always think it could have been better so I just keep "messing" with it.
I've not decorated it for Christmas yet...
I will do that next week.
We just have too big a moving mess to worry about decorating right now.
The following was done about 2 weeks ago...

I added a few books, candles, wine corks and a topiary from Hobby Lobby.
I am in need of an WINTER topiary but, in the meantime, we have a GREEN one.:(
Yep, it is what it is.....
This is that loooong mantel behind my Franklin fireplace....with that big black flue pipe, right up to the ceiling.
I love this fireplace....BUT...I can't take it with me when I move.
The Franklin Stove belonged to my mother.
My sweet son, David, installed the stove and did all the brick work.
I could easily get a really HEAVY heart over it all but I refuse to do so.

We might have a pretty fireplace where we are moving.
If so....WONDERFUL
If not....WONDERFUL
something else even FINER will take it's place.
After all...it's just a THING.
I can never make myself change out the little blessings sign as I just love it there.
This is the other end of that long mantel...and I am totally in love with this new sign.....
I have no idea why I love this little "$10.99 but half off at HL sign", but I do.
AFTER I bought this little sign,
I got my new POTTERY BARN catalog...
and lookie.....
 Hanging on the wall of POTTERY BARN....
Yep...I just love it when I do something before I get their catalog and find that they are showing about the same thing....
LOVE.......IT !! ...(o, i am so shallow)

So, ANYway,  I worked in the living room on my mantel awhile and then.....

....in the dining room with.....THIS.  That's packing tape....and boxes.....and paper....




and more boxes.....
.....and more paper....and dishes....
.....all stacked in the back bedroom.....just waiting to be moved to another house...
and, I will be telling you ALL ABOUT IT when I have the energy to type it...and think about it....and get things straight in my mind....and take photos of our new place....and get
things measured so I can see what furniture goes and what's to be sold...and ....and....and....
OOO.......
Let's go back in the living room and look at the mantel....tomorrow is another day and I'll 
think about moving TOMORROW...
                                                                                                  xoxoxo bj                                        
linking with these fine parties..
fridays unfolded
home sweet home
happy hour friday

36 comments:

Beth said...

BJ, If you are sad, be comforted. The precious memories will always be with you, and may your new home bring you as much joy as your current home has. Be blessed!
Hugs, Beth

Salmagundi said...

How hard it must be for you to move after all of these years. Something great ahead will replace today's sadness. Hang in there. Sally

Elizabeth said...

The mantel is beautiful! I moved last year after 20 years in the same place, I do sometime miss certain things but I am very happy in my new home and it fits our lifestyle now much better than the older, bigger place.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

BJ, it's always tough moving; but, I know that you are going to create another masterpiece that is just as warm and wonderful as the place you're in now.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Moving from a home you love is bittersweet! I know you will be positive about this move, it's who you are! Love that little sign!

hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

BJness! Did I miss someting? You're moving and you've sold your house? Oh, I feel for you and know it has to be hard but I know you will make another gorgeous home because of your love of life and family and your decorating and YOUR COOKING!
I'll be praying for you dear friend.
I'm excited for you too.
You are a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I love how you changed it up! We had a beautiful stone wood-burning fireplace in our old house that I miss so much this time of year. I wish I had a mantel to decorate!

NanaDiana said...

Okay- Scarlett. I hope you don't have a fainting spell with the excitement of it all! xo Diana
I can't wait to hear about it though!!!!

Blondie's Journal said...

I just know your new home will be great because it will be decorated and filled with love! :)

XO,
Jane

nonie everythingsewing said...

bj,
Moving is hard and exciting. Now, you must let me know your colors for your monogram towels.

Nonie

Michelle said...

Moving is some tough work! Best of luck with it!

Vee said...

Okay, Scarlet, that's a very good idea! Don't overdo it now...just putter. Puttering gets ever so many things done. Take lots of photos of your fireplace and the little stove and your son's brick work. Frame one of the pictures and it truly will always go with you. Sending a gentle hug because I do understand what all this sorting and packing and decision making means. But don't you worry, it's ALL good.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

BJ, your new home will be wonderful because you'll make it that way. It's always fun to make a change. I know it's hard, but you're such a joy and your new home will be a blessing. XO

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I didn't know you were moving Bj!! I know packing stinks and is a lot of work, but think of all the fun your going to have decorating your new house!

Susy said...

Besides the physical work of packing, you're dealing with the hundreds of decisions of what stays and what goes and all the emotions attached. You have a happy healthy viewpoint, but I'm a-prayin' for you anyway. xo

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

We moved from our "starter home" after 30 years!! It was the best thing we ever did! Love my new place!! Are you going far?

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

Oh the fun of decorating a different place!!! I hope you are moving closer to me!...lol...I know you will miss things, but it's a new adventure!

Bear Hugs~Karen

Karie said...

Wow BJ, I had no idea you were moving. I hope it is a good move for you. No matter where you are you will have a beautiful home. You are a sweet person and will fill the home with happiness and goodness. I know it is a hard thing. I moved just a few months ago, it was sooooo hard, but I love where I am at. Good Luck to you and may angels watch over you. Hugs, Karie

middle child said...

You are very busy. Just breathe.
As for the decorating....when, I said WHEN you have the time to decorate. I think you should do it the way you want to. When you are finished...just remove one thing. Might surprise you.

debra said...

Lovely mantel. It's got to be hard AND exciting at the same time to be moving but having to do it around the holidays would certainly add to the hard part for sure :(

Bev said...

BJ, even though we've never met, I do know one thing about you from reading your blog for ages - you will always find the positive and the blessing in whatever situation you find yourself. I'm praying for you.

Teresa said...

You should be excited wth moving. A new canvas for you to play with... you know those places in our homes where we decorate but somehow isn't right but don't fancy - and can't imagine how to - deal with it?
In the new place you will have that freedom.
I love the way the Mantel looks now. How I wished I moved with such aplomb as you do.
Take your Blessed Heart with those Boxes and all the rest will get in line.
Be Well, Dear Friend!
Teresa

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

COURAGE, Sweetie!!!

:-)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I just finished going through what you are going through BJ. We are in our new home. The boxes are stacked everywhere. The painters don't come to paint the great room and foyer until Dec 10th, so I can't unpack some things. Hang in there!
Hugs,
Penny

Madeline's Album said...

Take a deep breath everything will turn out the right way. I know you have a lot to think about but it will all get done in due time. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Tanya said...

I can't believe you are considering decorating for the holiday with all your packing going on (busy girl!). "You're a better man than I, Gunga Din!" The mantle is beautiful, by the way! XOXOXO Tanya

Patty Patterson said...

I hope you love your new home. We bought this house almost 5 years ago, and I love it. I hate moving - however, I love the house and I have more room for grandkids and plaything. And less yard to upkeep. We moved in the summer when it was HOT, and I was thinking then that fall or spring when the temperatures were not so high would have been better. But Christmastime? I would not think that would be a good time to move. Is there ever really a good time? I guess you just have to do what you have to do to get settled in so you can enjoy life.

Sue said...

I really hope I can have your attitude when we move. I know I will have to get rid of so many family things because my kids don't have the desire or space for them. I have no problem at all parting with things we bought, my grandmother's and mother's things are another story. Hope the sale goes well. Thanks again for just being you!

Sue said...

I really hope I can have your attitude when we move. I know I will have to get rid of so many family things because my kids don't have the desire or space for them. I have no problem at all parting with things we bought, my grandmother's and mother's things are another story. Hope the sale goes well. Thanks again for just being you!

Sandra@Beneath this Roof, Within these Walls said...

Oh,sweet BJ, I can feel the sadness in your heart. I am sorry this is so difficult for you, especially at this time of year. Your home looks amazing, in the midst of packing, which is incomprehensible to me, when I move, it looks like Hurricane Katrina passed by. I pray you will be at peace with your situation. Sometimes we have to just get though things, but in the end, the earth keeps turning, the sun comes out, and all is as it should be. Hugs

Theresa said...

I don't do MOVING well! I have lived in only a few houses in my lifetime! I am now where I plan to stay until I go to my Heavenly home:) I know that you will be happy in your new home, because you will make it look like BJ and the kitchen will be humming with sweet sounds and smells of yummy food! BIG HUGS and prayers coming your way!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Oh BJ,

I didn't realize you were moving! why are you moving? take care, and don't work too hard!

Hugs,
Debbie

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Moving? bj!! How neat! An entire new home to decorate and a yard to plant and..and..HOW FUN!
Is it bigger??? Grander?? Tons of tree's and flowers??? I can't wait to see it!
I hope I NEVER have to move again..I'm still not over my last one!
Tapping toes here waiting to hear the news that you have kept so well hidden! heh heh!
LOTS of pictures please!

Beverly said...

Bless your heart. I can imagine what you're going through. I've moved fifteen times in my life, and I won't mind if I never have to move again.

I'm excited to hear more about your adventure.

On Crooked Creek said...

BJ,
I love your new sign...Bless This House and all that reside within its walls, O Lord I pray!!!
Pace yourself with those boxes, dear friend!!! Glad you're taking a bit of a break to Savor the Season with your fireplace mantel!!!
Fondly,
Pat

The Charm of Home said...

BJ,
I had no idea you were moving! Best of luck in the move and I know you will make the new home yours soon! Thank you for joining HSH!
Sherry