FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Around The World

 HAPPY 22ND BIRTHDAY TO DREW
7/26/2012
We love you more than you will ever know...
and wish you all the luck in your flight schooling.
We are all so proud of the wonderful man you've become...
and you will ALWAYS be "Memaw's golden boy."

 I did so want to play in
Cuisine Kathleen's Wednesday Evening LET'S DISH LAST WEEK.
Being on vacation, 
I had it scheduled to post, somehow, the post disappeared...

it came back tonight so, altho I am A WEEK LATE FOR THE PARTY, here I am....:)
KATHLEEN, please forgive my olden mind for screwing up on a couple of posts on YOUR parties. Hopefully, when summer settles down, I can get my head straight again. :)
 
Last  week, the theme was
DESTINATIONS....
I don't have "traveling" dishes but I DO have a ........
MAGIC  CARPET  CURTAIN PANEL
that will take us many exciting places.
 Climb on.....I saved a seat for YOU.
I LOVE coffee so I decided to have a COFFEE TABLE....heh heh heh....
I started with the curtain panel as a table cloth,
then layered an olden BURLAP COFFEE SACK over the cloth,
simply because it LOOKED SOOO COOL.
Some of the COOL people in Blogland use BURLAP in the most awesome ways
and I wanted to be C.O.O.L., too....:))
Really, I do love using smooth and textured together.


David and Kathy brought this coffee to me several years ago from Jamaica....

O, I drank the coffee loooong ago but held on to the adorable little burlap sack.
Since my backyard is really looking pretty right now,
I decided to set the table outside.

Our grass is so thick and green and healthy this year. Just a tiny bit more rain than last year makes a BIG difference.

I am fully and totally in love with ROSE OF SHARON.

They never fail to bloom...some tiny, sparse blooms last yr because of drought...but they didn't die.

This summer, they are beautiful.
No extra care is needed for them...just a little trimming every now and then. I like mine in more of a tree shape than a bush but both are lovely.


....a little POTTERY BARN set I found in a thrift shop...

honey.....
cream...


sugar....
sprinkle...

aren't they cute, all dressed in their white with black lower case letters.?
I love them.
The strong, rich coffee is almost ready....
let's pull up chairs and relax.
...the camel and the little palm remind me of exciting, far-away places..

I ALWAYS have a loaf of
APPLE FRITTER BREAD
in my freezer.....
just for such times as THIS.

You can find this scrumptious loaf at your local WALMART bakery section.

It is just awesome....
Just slice a bit, butter it and toast it and, served with fresh fruit,
it make a sweeeet breakfast for you and your loved ones.

I am serving mine on my mother's vintage cake stand.

I am joining Miz Helen today, even tho I don't have an actual recipe...
It's nice sometimes, to have ideas of things you don't HAVE to make...
and this bread is one of those things you will be GLAD you have in the freezer.



I'm so glad you came to my Coffee in the Back...
and, I do hope you will come again.

I love using imagination ......
I think it's the little girl in me that still loves to PLAY-LIKE....

" I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.  Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.  Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
  ~Theodore Geisel


"My alphabet starts with this letter called yuzz.  It's the letter I use to spell yuzz-a-ma-tuzz.  You'll be sort of surprised what there is to be found once you go beyond 'Z' and start poking around!"
  ~Dr. Seuss
I LOVE Dr. Seuss and his wonderful imagination, don't you?
OOO, yes, it's fun to 'go round the world.....
BUT.......
XOXO, bj

again to my sweet DREW. 

and because I seem to want to get my FINGER in every piece of pie I find,
and this is CHRISTMAS IN JULY over at Kathleen's,
here's MY Christmas part....:)

cuisine kathleen
tablescape thursday
vintage thingy thursday
full plate thursday
thursday favorite things
open house thursday
home and garden thursday

23 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

you are still a little girl setting up a tea party, er, coffee party. :)

Vee said...

It's a sweet party and you can entertain like nobody's business. I always learn so much from you. Just look how beautifully you presented that bread on your mother's cake platter and all garnished so fine. Must remember.

LV said...

You have one wild imagination. Never saw so many neat ideas you come up with. I would enjoy joining you for any kind of party - inside or outside.

NanaDiana said...

Happy, Happy birthday to your "golden boy"....every family needs one of those. Yours is very sweet looking. I love your magic "curtains/carpet". You do such a great job, bj. Love it- xo Diana

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Love the setting (and the camel) I can't believe you have green grass...we are in the middle of a drought and everyone's grass is brown...You have such a pretty backyard!

Honey at 2805 said...

I adore your "coffee" table! Everything about it is so clever and unique.

Like the pillow with your zip code, too!

But, to tell the truth, the picture of a good-looking man usually always turns my head! Happy Birthday!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

bj it is so good to see you are back home. I know you had a great vacation. Love your 'coffee table' really cute! Love the plates! Hugs, Linda

Marlis said...

Your backyard looks fabulous! The rose is stunning.. Oh gosh. Loved the sweet coffee party.. I guess my invite got lost in the mail .. waah, waah waah. I have a potting bench, but I don't do any potting on it.. we use it for a service bar on the patio.. Maybe I have a picture of it all dolled up. Hmm.. so glad you joined the party! xo marlis

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Bj!

Well maybe you didn't have a 'destination' but I sure enjoyed your backyard.I bet you are always ready for company...

I remember how sickly that poor old Rose Of Sharon looked last summer, but I had faith it would pull through.

xoxo Bunny Jean

Kris said...

Happy Birthday to your Drew! I have a Drew too. He is 23 years old!!!!
: ) Kris

Sarah said...

So glad that post was recovered. The picnic setting is darling. Love that burlap runner turned cross wise on the table. Clever, BJ! Love seeing all this!

Sonny G said...

Happy Birthday Drew~!!

now THATS a coffee table I'd enjoy sitting at..

love those dishes..

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday to your Drew!

As far as I'm concerned, you can never be late wit a coffee themed table so your table is destination sensation to me. I love it all, and I love the Dr. Suess sidetrip you took too. Just all around a fun post, BJ.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Happy Birthday to Drew!!!!!!!!!

"Auntie"

Miz Helen said...

Hi BJ,
I have been following you and your families vacation photo's, in PK and New Mexico. You'al had a great time. Your table setting's are always wonderful and so inviting, a perfect presentation for your awesome bread.
Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

thistlewoodfarm said...

I have that EXACT set! I love it! I need to drink coffee in a cute burlap sack like that :)

blessings,
karianne

Savannah Granny said...

Love this table. You are one busy little bee! The coffee looks great, love the plates and you yard and all the pretty flowers I see in the background.
Hold on to that camel, he will take you places.
xo Ginger

podso said...

Beautiful outdoor table with so many nice touches! And I can't believe how many parties you adapted to in this one post! Clever!

Lois Christensen said...

I just love your plates! Everything looks really pretty! Enjoy your day!

Elaine said...

Love your coffee themed table! You are so lucky to have a green lawn! Mine hasn't looked good since April!

Kathleen said...

You are too funny, bj, no apolgies needed, we do what we can, no pressure!
I love your outdoor coffee table, very creative.
Rose of Sharon grow well here too, very hardy, and I love the flower!
Thanks so much for linking to Let's Dish.
The Christmas in July linky is over at Yvonne's. :)

Marigene said...

Love your coffee themed table...I used to buy that coffee years ago before it was so expensive you had to mortgage your house for a pound of it!

Carla said...

You always set a pretty table. I'm goinna have to go check out this Apple fritter bread and see if my Walmart has it. Sounds yummy!
Glad you're back and had a great vacation.