FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

SUN SHINY WHITES...

6/2/10 This was a beautiful day...
a LOT of great sunshine...
a good time to wash and hang whites....
OUTSIDE...
I am linking with OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY
*

The clouds began to form even before my WHITES had been outside long enough to dry...
I just left them out and watched the clouds..
I am linking with FADED CHARM COTTAGE for WHITE WEDNESDAY
**

I think this is a FLYING ANT.....
what a cool picture !! :)

I won this olden, wooden herb dryer off Ebay about 12 years ago...
It is a lot like the wooden clothes dryers but quite a bit larger....
It was already the coolest shabby, chippy white...
*
It is one of my favorite pieces...but so large, I really can't use it for very much...
I don't grow herbs so drying HERBS is OUT.....
I've used it just like I am showing you today...
**
drying linens...
or just letting them air out and get all fresh and everything...
*
Things smell sooo good after being outside for awhile...
in the sun...
*
I keep thinking I'll ask MR. SWEET
for an old fashioned CLOTHES LINE...
but......
*
....maybe ONE OF THESE DAYS.

It ended up raining quite a lot this evening....
and I got all my WHITES in before the first raindrop....
and....
THEY SMELL SOOOO GOOOOD...!!
*********************************************************

WINNER......WINNER......WINNER.....WINNER....WINNER....WINNER


TIME to revel the lucky winner of my
$60.00 GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY..
It's to be used at the CSN STORES ONLINE...
for ANYTHING she wants from there !!
**
I have used a RANDOM NUMBERS GENERATOR
since MR. SWEET was deep into some olden WESTERN....
****
1 to 105 (number of comments)
and the LUCKY NUMBER IS 97....
and
NUMBER 97 IS......
CONGRATULATIONS, KIM....
Please email me your mailing address and we will get this card off to you right away.
It should be coming from CSN STORES.
Have a BLAST shopping, Kim !!

23 comments:

Amanda at 32˙North said...

Hi BJ,

I agree wholeheartedly, linens dried outside smell the best! Your rack works perfectly for them, too.

Amanda

Vintage Market Place said...

Wonderful pictures, glad you got it all done before the rain hit.
I too dream of having that outdoor clothesline. We one growing up and remember having to go out some mornings to get my clothes off the line to wear to school that day.
Hope you get one someday
Amy

Kathleen Grace said...

Congratulations to Kim. I hung my sheets out yesterday and smiled as I slid between them last night. Nothing beats the smell of fresh air on sheets!

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

BJ,
How lovely and reminds me of a time gone by. Thanks!
xo
Robin
p.s. Thanks for putting my little cottage on your sidebar!

Hootin Anni said...

Yes...oh yes!!! I'm so with you on this. laundry dried outdoors...the freshness and wonderful scent...you just can't beat it.

Here is my Outdoor Wednesday...hope you can stop by to say howdy to me by CLICKING HERE -----a new Fountain by the Sea

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

I too love to hang clothes outside to dry. We were very fortunate when we moved here in 1993, that the home already had a clothes line outside :) So during the late Spring, Summer and early Fall I can hang things to dry outside...nothing makes clothes smell better than the crisp fresh air :)

Warmest, Brenda

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Your photos are so beautiful! So crisp and fresh looking...I can smell the linens from here!

Tammy said...

I love the smell of fresh linens. And yours are beautiful.
thanks for stopping by my blog- and you can definitely make one of those bird feeders I blogged about.
tammy

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

HI BJ - Thanks for stopping by. Love your white linens ~ they do smell awesome when dried outside. I wish I had a clothesline too. Our neighborhood does not "permit" them. Whats gonna happen if I put one up I wonder - are there clotheline police to come drag me away to the Bighouse?

Ann said...

All of your linens are beautiful. That fresh air certainly makes a big difference. The sky looks so fantastic, glad you were able to get it before it rained. Hugs Ann

★Carol★ said...

Such beautiful pictures! Your linens look so lovely drying there in your yard, with the garden in the background. I would love to have a clothesline, but I feed the birds, so I would be afraid that they would make little deposits while flying from the feeders to the birdbath!
Happy WW!
Carol

LV said...

Nothing beats the bright sunshine for whitening cloths. We always used the old fashion lines till I moved to here. Now everyone uses the dryer. I still like things that have been in the sunshine. We used to take our mattress outside and air and sun them. That does not happen anymore either.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

What a lovely 'whites' post.

Congratulations to Kim!

Only 4 more days!!! 'Till you leave for your cruise! Wheeeeeeeeee... Can you "contain" yourself?!? ,-)

Exciting... Exciting... Exciting...

Gentle hugs...

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

BJ, I love this post! All of the wonderful white linens, the drying rack, white chair...it reminds me of the Swedish blogs I follow....

Congrats to the winner!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Gorgeous post, BJ!!

Nancy said...

oooh, I love red! And, lots of it. Beautiful!

Kissed by an Angel said...

What gorgeous linens!! So pretty!!
xxxx

Kim said...

I think your beautiful white drying rack is much sweeter than an old fashioned clothes line. I love all of those fresh white linens BJ. I can practically smell the freshness through my screen! Thanks again for your generous giveaway. I'm just thrilled to death that I won!!!
xoxo,
Kim

Debby said...

Have a wonderful trip. I hope you share the pictures with us.

Unknown said...

Congrats to that lucky gal!

I posted the Better Than Sex Cake for you, BJ ... it's up now.

Love your linens. They were my favorite things to find & sell ... but oh, the mess people make of linens in the shop.
I have the BEST stuff for vintage linens that takes out 99.9% stains, discolorings, etc.
Remind me to share with you ... I use it all the time on the feedsacks & forever in my linen shop. People love it.

Hugs, Marydon

Texas Preacher Woman said...

Each of these pictures just screams F R E S H ! Love, love, love 'em!

Grins!
Pamm

honeysuckle said...

Your linens are so beautiful. There is nothing as sweet smelling as fresh hung sheets on the line!

Renée said...

Your linens are lovely and I too love how they smell. When we lived in NYC I was without a dryer for 18 months and used only a line. I miss it! I am dying to hear about your trip...I was with you in spirit! Hoping for a tell-all...