FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Sunday, February 3, 2008

LITTLE TREASURES FROM POTTERY BARN and A BLOGGIN' BLESSING

I WOULD LIKE TO WISH MY SON A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY. HE IS 44 AND.......LOOKIN' GOOOOOD !!
We love you, David...with all our hearts. You are and have always been such a blessing and sweetness to your daddy and I. Thank you for all the wonderfulness of being your mom and dad.
***************************************************************************

POTTERY BARN I am sure a LOT of you receive emails from POTTERY BARN and have seen these but just in case some of you haven't, I wanted to share. potterybarn.com

I LOVE these textured pillow covers...sale priced at $19.99 each. Fabulous colors for spring and summer..... Let's see....I'll have one in green, creme, blue, red, orange, dark brown....oops...that's one of each color! Haha...but they all are beautiful.
Aren't these sculpted perfume bottles just fabulous!? Sale priced at $14.99 for all three. Bet their supply is very limited on these..... even if you didn't use them for perfume (all of mine come in a spray bottle), empty would look great!

I wish I could have this LUCY ALARM CLOCK in every color !! Battery operated but oh, so cute!! Not on sale *sigh*....but not a bad price of $32.00. I LUV that lime green one!
********************************

MOVING ON....
My sweet and really great friend, DENA at SWADDLE COTTAGE (she's on my sidebar) gave me this fabulous gift of A BLOGGIN' BLESSING. Thank you so much for thinking of me, DENA. I do appreciate it. Ladies, please visit DENA...she has the most delightful blog and her sense of humor is precious....

It is always wonderful to receive blessings and prayers but especially at difficult times, I think. Not that I am having a difficult time right now...in fact, I am full of praise. My sweet and precious doctor told me Friday that since I have bounced back so nicely from the leg surgery of 2 weeks ago that, instead of waiting the 2 months he first thought would be necessary before doing my other leg...he says we will do it MONDAY. Yep.......THIS Monday. Uhhh...that's just....well........TOMORROW !! WOW..that is pretty fast. I still have a couple of casseroles in the freezer, my house is clean (well....clean if you don't look in my closets!!), I do need to do a little laundry and the best part.....my pedicure of 2 weeks ago still looks fabulous!! Haha...So, I am excited about getting these surgeries over and behind me and let me move on to much more fun things!
Thanking you in advance for continued prayers. They got me thru the other surgeries and I know they will this time, too. I know you have so many prayers going up for so many people. Just add me to one of your blanket prayers and I will treasure it.
You are all such blessings to me.

NOW....for the BLOGGIN' BLESSIN' TAG:

The idea…it’s a game of tag with a difference, rather than looking inwardly, we look outside ourselves and bless, praise and pray for 3 blog friends. By participating in this endeavour we not only make the recipient of the blessing feel valued and appreciated, but we are having some fun too. We’re going to see how far the bloggin’ blessings can travel around the world and how many people can be blessed! Recipients of a bloggin’ blessing may upload the above image to their sidebar if they choose to.

I pass this wonderful blessing on to :
GINGER at ENCHANTING COTTAGE

LAURIE at STONE BELLE

SUZY at NEW LIFE AT WILD ROSE COTTAGE
My blessings to all....
Love, bj

45 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning BJ,
Wow, those are some beautiful pillows there. Very Springish and Summery as well. I love the perfumed bottles. Those are just stunning. Maybe if you had some dried flowers or small silk flowers, you could put them in there? That's just an idea of mine. I love the Lucy clocks. Those are just adorable. "HAPPY 44th BIRTHDAY" to your Son, David today. That is my DH'S name also. I will be praying for you and your surgery tomorrow. I know GOD will be with you and will take care of you. "CONGRATULATION'S" on the Blessing's. You do deserve it because you are such a blessing to me. Dena is such a sweet person. I do enjoy my visits with her as well. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Unknown said...

Hi BJ,
Thank you so much for your blessings. You are truly the sweetest person. Happy Birthday to your son!!!
And I will keep my fingers crossed and praying loudly for you so that you will be recovered even faster than the first time.
I am sending all my love and thoughts to give you strength.

Love, Suzy

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Best Wishes for tomorrow. You will have my prayers for super duper speedy recovery ((hugs)) Rosie

Nan said...

Oh my, you're having your next surgery already. You are a good patient. You will be in my prayers. Please have your H let me know that you're OK. Otherwise, I'll worry until I hear something.
Good luck sweetie.
I like your pottery barn goodies, especially the colorful clocks.
Hugs,
Nan

Nan said...

Darn, I forgot.
Happy Birthday David! Have fun.
Hugs,
Nan

Anonymous said...

Hi BJ,
Love the clocks and pillowes. Great Spring time colors.
As always all my best to you for a quick and easy surgery and a speedy recovery.
Have a wonderful day, Janie

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. It will be so good to finally have all this behind you.
44 years ago we both were pregnant and you guys came out to the ranch for a visit. A lifetime ago! We are still good friends and that is a blessing.
Love you, Alice
(hope this doesn't post twice)

Michelle said...

Good morning BJ,

Happy Birthday to David!

I'll keep saying my prayers for you tomorrow..I know you will do just great.

Congratulations on your bloggin' blessing.

Michelle

Anita said...

You're on my prayer list... :)

Love the pictures... you have excellent taste! :)

Judy said...

BJ: I'm sure you will do just as well on your 2nd surgery as you did on your first cause you're such a sweetheart! My thoughts will be with you tomorrow. BTW, I've got a little "shout out" to you on my blog. A while back you asked that I post some of my rooster kitchen pictures and I've included them in today's post (2/2/08). When you get a chance, check it out!
Sending you a big hug for tomorrow -Judy

Judy said...

That should be 2/3/08.....Judy

Adrienne said...

Prayers for you as you go through another surgery. You will be glad it's over and we will be glad when you are at home recuperating again. We will miss you! Blessings - rest in peace as you heal. ~Adrienne~

Tara said...

BJ

Thanks for taking me through P> Barn...I feel like someonoe's shopped for me and is just giving me the highlights--OK with me!
:0)
Tara

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cottage Contessa said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers BJ. Here's to a speedy recovery! Happy birthday to David too!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Bj, you will be in my prayers tomarrow. I was so surprised to hear that you will be have surgery tomarrow, but I am sure not a surprised as you were. Thank-you so much for my blogging blessings, I will be honerd to but it on my sidebar. We will miss you while you are resting.
blessings,
ginger

Anonymous said...

I love the colors of those PB pillows and the perfume bottles are pretty!

Congrats on the Bloggin Blessings and good luck with the surgery!

Manuela

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Happy Birthday David!!!

Love the pottery barn items!!

Congrats on the Blessings....

And I will be keeping you in my heart tomorrow during your surgery!
Penny
p.s. yes, I do all of my own painting. My husband and I have rehabbed 5 houses....

kari and kijsa said...

Absolutely beautiful pillows and we love the alarm clocks!

Have a very blessed weekend!

smiles, kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

Girl you find some cute things. Happy Birthday to your son.

Mary said...

Dear bj,
Happy birthday to your son. :) I will be thinking about you tomorrow, and remembering you in my prayers. xoxo,
Mary

SweetAnnee said...

Congrats on the award!!

Dena is a dear too!!

smiles, Deena

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing. Congratulations on your Bloggin' Blessing.

Hollyhocks home is so warm and inviting.

PAT said...

Good Morning BJ!

Happy 44th to your son!

I love looking through the Pottery Barn catalogs!

Thinking of you as you have your surgery.
Pat

Donna said...

I will be thinking of you on Monday and you will be in my prayers.
Happy Birthday to your son!
And the Pottery Barn has fabulous stuff!
Hugs,
Donna

blessings said...

Please let us know how the surgery goes. Praying today... Polly

Sandi McBride said...

Happy birthday to your David! I love the pretties you have posted, and have a thing for pillows...I really don't know why...Congratulations on your award...God will watch over you during your surgery...
Sandi

kari and kijsa said...

love all the fun goodies and photos!!! You always have such fun goodie and sweet words! Happy Birthday to your son!
Well wishes and quick recovery blessings from us!
kari & kijsa

Talk..to..Grams said...

I will be praying for you! By now you have had your surgery and I hope this went well. Happy Birthday to your Son!
Kelly loves the Pottery Barn!!

I have a Valentine for you! Love and Hugs Grams

Dena said...

Hi Sweet BJ,

Just want you to know you're in my prayers. Take it easy and rest.

Hugs,
Dena

Anonymous said...

Hope you are healing as well on your 2nd day and things wil be back to norm as possible. love your blog site...and relate so much to all your comments. you do deserve all of your blessings....
you're a terrible compassionate person and thank you for coming into my life... 1 more chemo to go for me- hopefully & prayerfully.
Hugs,
Annette in LR

Kathleen Grace said...

Hi BJ, I just got back from a short trip and see you had surgery today, I will send a little prayer up for a quick recovery. I hope it all went well:>)

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Happy Birthday to your son...Mary

Linda said...

Love all the Pottery Barn goodies, especially the little clocks.
Praying for you, I kown your surgery will go well. Linda

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi BJ...the clocks are gorgeous! I love coming here and looking at all the neat offerings...who needs a catalog!
Hugs,
Robin

happytiff said...

Happy Birthday David!

Hello Dear Sweet B.J.,
Loving all of your posts! You always brighten my day. I may not post very often, but I visit (While I work) almost every single day...and look forward to it every time, and always feel reaffirmed after. I will be praying for you! Not much has been going on here, Our furnace went out last night (our house is only 5 yrs old) so we have our gas fireplace going, but it's not putting out much heat...it's about 58 degrees right now, but outside we've got about 2 feet of snow, and it's freezing out there...so it could be worse. Born and raised in Utah, but have never been snow skiing...until last weekend. Oh my goodness, talk about fun and exhausting! I am so sore! FYI, (not that you'd ever be this dumb)...but don't ever rub Ben-Gay ALL over your body...at one time. Ha-ha! Talk about horrible and miserable...I'd rather deal with sore muscles, than that agony. Hee-Hee! I took a long hot bath (used up all of the hot water) and then rubbed that stuff on my neck, shoulders, arms, and legs....and got dressed. After a few minutes, I wound up tearing my clothes off and jumping in the shower, which we only had cold water left...trying to scrub it all off. I've never used the stuff before, and probably never will again. Hee-hee! Our most exciting news is that our cousin was on Deal or No Deal last night. She walked away with almost $300,000.00. Whoo-hoo! Oh, how I'd hoped she'd be the first to get a million...but still, that is so Awesome. Congratulations Becky!!! They filmed a few weeks ago, but they signed a document stating that she would not disclose the outcome (didn't even tell Grandma) so it was very entertaining to watch! Well, You're Awesome Babe! Take care and keep us "n the know!"

Midlife Mom said...

Hi there! Thanks for sharing those wonderful 'finds' from Pottery Barn, I do love that place!!
Hope you are doing well from your surgery, being such a new visitor of your site I don't know what it's for, will have to read some of your back posts. Any who I hope you heal quickly!
Come on over again soon. I just got back from a trip so I need to update once I get unpacked.
Take care!!

Vee said...

Keeping you in my prayers once again...

Wow, that was fast! Now it's all behind you and that's a very good thing.

Janet said...

BJ,
Hoping the surgery went well and you are back up and posting soon.
Janet

Anita said...

Hope you're doing well! I'm thinking of you this morning...:)

CIELO said...

Happy birthday to David! Wow...you have a 44 year old son??? Amazing! You look so good, and young...I'm sure this have to do something with loving life the way you do! What an inspiration!

Have a marvelous day, JB

Cielo

Anonymous said...

Bj. I love visiting your blog...it feels like home. There are so many reasons why your site is so comforting, from your music to your sweet smiling face. I just read that you are in need of prayer. I will always pray for you my friend. May Gods healing hands be upon you. Patti

jentster said...

Hello to All. Mom had her surgery on Monday and all went well. She didnt even have to go into the ICU this time. She should be coming home later today, so she will post soon. Just wanted to let you know she was ok. Thanks for your prayers! Stacy (BJ's daughter)

Unknown said...

Just checking, wanted to see if you are fine and well.
Hope to see your sweet and happy face soon!

Suzy

Anonymous said...

Hope everything went well. Take care, Janie