FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Saturday, November 17, 2007

A REFRESHER COURSE......

We're heading to Beautiful Daughter's house for dinner and I wanted to take a pie. Besides, I need a refresher course on pie making so my pies will be half decent on Thanksgiving!!







We all love Coconut Creme except for Handsome Son-In-Law and I know he loves Buttermilk Pie. I've never, in my entire life, baked one of these but....let's give it a try. He'll be so happy and I aim to please !! :)








Hmmmm...ok...it's lookin' good..Hope it TASTE good, tho!







(NOTE: It did taste ok...he had a couple of slices and he made me leave the rest for him!..shhh, I wonder if he knows he couldn't have given me a bigger compliment?? :)













Coconut Creme...our favorite, by far! I use my sweet mother-in-law's recipe and it is a very old one. For some reason, it has an old fashioned taste that the newer recipes don't have or else it's just in my mind that none other will beat HER recipe!?!





Ready for the whipped, sweet egg whites.....














We all had a slice and we left the rest for Beautiful Daughter and family.



P.S. NOW, I'm wishing I had brought home at least 2 pieces..I'm hungry for a slice with a big, cold glass of milk. HMMMMM, guess I COULD make another one! :)




Happy Day to everyone!



17 comments:

Suzy said...

Ohhhh Jean that is so yummy! I want one piece! Well just yesterday I had a post about pies. How do you make that pie dough?

Love, Suzy

Nan said...

Oh, I love coconut cream pie. My Mom's job on Thanksgiving is to make the pies. She always makes coconut cream her recipe), pumpkin, and apple for my cousin's husband. They host Thanksgiving. Never had buttermilk pie. Is that like sugar cream pie?
Looks yummy.
Nan

Baba's Blog .. Babies Are Special said...

Good morning Jean, This is my first visit to your place..I love what I see so far.. I have never tried to make a pie, and I will be 66 in December.... I should try it one day.I posted a picture of myself and husband today...I will be back to see you later. baba

Cape Ann Birdy said...

That all looks yummy. I don't even know what buttermilk pie is but I sounds good. ~Laura

Anonymous said...

OK, now I have to know-what is buttermilk pie? I looks sooooo good! Christy:-)

jentster said...

That pie didn't even last 24 hours! I guess I better learn how to make them. Handsome son in law loved the buttermilk, while the rest of us fought over the last piece of coconut cream pie! Gorgeous granddaughter just said that you had pie for breakfast this morning, so did you make another one??? We can be right over!

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Oh Yummy!! That coconut cream pie looks so yummy!
Penny

Jackie said...

Oh BJ, your pies look absolutely delicious. I can't make a pie crust for love or money. Even the so called No Fail seem to fail for me.

BittersweetPunkin said...

I've never tried to make a coconut creme pie...I wonder if anyone here would eat it?? LOL
I make pumpkin...I used to make apple but I was the only one who ate it.....the whole thing eventually!
Blessings,
Robin

Suzy said...

Thank you for the recipe I will try it out.
About the snow - well last year everybody had tons of snow we didn't at all. This year we will see! I hope for enough for some fun!
Suzy

Betty (Beddow) said...

Look delicious! My Dad's family makes a milk pie but never heard of buttermilk pie. Will you post the recipe? Please?
Betty (Beddow)

Michelle said...

BJ, I love coconut cream pie..the other pie looked delicious too. I don't think you have anything to worry about for Thanksgiving. Have a wonderful day. Michelle

Cottage Contessa said...

OH BJ! What are you doing to me sweetie?! The button almost popped off my jeans just looking at those delicious pies! Off to nibble a carrot stick.....and sob. lol
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

I'm a nut about pies; I love them all, but coconut creme is my favorite. You picture makes my mouth water.

Cottage by the River said...

They look very yummy, I have never had a buttermilk pie before.
Bristol

Anonymous said...

MMM< I always love your food posts BJ, this looks so good, almost makes me want to make a pie .... but not quite, I'll just enjoy looking at yours!
PJ

ric said...

A漫,h漫,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片