FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Monday, August 26, 2013

"I can TWEAK a cherry pie, Billy Boy, Billy Boy....

Hi, Everybody... 

The West Texas weather is still just beautiful.
Grass is green...
flowers are still blooming...

but days are getting shorter...
FALL is knocking at the door, FOR SURE.




Cherry pie is one of my favorite pies of all times.

Nothing better than a HOMEMADE
pie but let me say right here and now...

Mizz Sara Lee can bake a mean PIE....

and when I get hungry for a pie...I don't always want to stop and whip out a homemade one....


I keep one of THESE in my freezer most of the time.


What makes them REALLY extra special
is buttering the top crust...

sprinkle SUGAR or Sugar Sub.....

and sprinkle on the CINNAMON.

....we all know cinnamon makes ANYthing better !!



I cut slits in the top crust and also stick my sweet little
BLUEBIRD OF HAPPINESS
in the middle and he just "blows out" the steam of the baking pie.


 The next time you have any two crusted pies in your freezer,
or the little hand pies,
try this little trick of mine....
well, to be truthful, it was my mama's little trick...

and you know how we all do what our mamas did....

There's so so many things I get hungry for that she cooked or baked for us....
no matter if I follow her recipe to the TEE,
it never tastes as good as hers.









....do you see all that red, sweet cherry juice flowing out over that tender crust, covered with butter, sugar and cinnamon....???

O, yes ma'am....
I am going to have a big, ole slice of this as soon as it gets cooler....

WHAAAAT....??????
WAIT....??????

I don't think so......


Here at Sweet Nothings,
we don't believe in waiting until a pie....especially a berry pie....
gets cool before cutting...


Noooooo, we like it like cobbler....
still warm when we add ICE CREAM to it....


O HONEY
.......

XOXO bj

*NOTE
As I am going in Tues. morning for an angiogram,
I may not be here to link to these parties.
I'll try linking TONIGHT (Mon.) if the parties are up...
if not....I'll do it when I get hone.
As always, I ask for your prayer that all will go well and I can be home soon.
THANK YOU....bj  

**ALSO...
TO THE WINNERS of the TEXAS SNAPS,
I will get these in the mail as soon as I get home from the hospital and 
moving around again.
I promise it won't be too long.
I can't drive yet as I'm having DOUBLE VISION ...
the only thing in the world that would be WORTH having double vision is to 
meet
JOHNNY DEPP on the street and......
SEE TWO OF HIM !!! 
  

40 comments:

Stacey said...

BJ, that sounds so good. I'll tell ya what...you can have the cherry pies. I'll do the same thing to blueberry. They are my favorites.

LV said...

Trust all goes well with you. I HAVE ALREADY BEEN DOWN THAT ROAD. I TAKE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICINE, BUT IT HAS NEVER BEEN AS LOW AS IT SHOULD. MY NECK ARTERIES ARE FINE AS OF TODAY. HOWEVER, I HAVE TAKEN A LOW DOSAGE OF ECOTRIN DAILY FOR YEARS.IT KEEPS THOSE ARTERIES CLEAR. TAKE CARE.

Salmagundi said...

Hope all goes well with you tomorrow. Praying for you! Sally

Mindy said...

I LOVE your little pie birdie.

I'll be thinkin' of ya tomorrow and hope all goes well.

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

BJ, you will be in my prayers for good test that everything is okay.
Take care of your self.
That pie sure looks mighty good.
God bless,
Mary

Beth said...

My prayers are with you BJ. Asking God to keep you safe in his care!

Vee said...

Praying for a good report! So glad that the bp is under control with new meds, too. How you make a Sara Lee pie look so good...wow! You're amazing!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Lots of thoughts and prayer for tomorrow....love you gal!

doodles n daydreams said...

Thinking of you and praying all goes well.
Your pie looks absolutely delish, who cares that it's out of a packet!

Diana

Kathe said...

Prayers headed straight to you bj!! I love your pir birdie :-) And of course I love your pie too! Warm with ice cream is my favorite too :-) I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

From the Kitchen said...

Prayers for you, B.J.. Take good care.

Best,
Bonnie

Linda said...

You gotta love drugs!!!

NanaDiana said...

bj- I am saying a prayer for you right now- for the doctors and attenders-that God will guide their hands and that you will be better than new when they are done. Love to you- xo Diana
ps. I visited your sweet friend that lost her hubby. too- xo Diana

arkie said...

Praying all goes well with your test and you are better real soon!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Your gonna be just fine, they have such good medicines for this, take care of yourself and i will take care of that pie for you and I will have that little birdie to take home too...Phyllis

Lynn said...

Your pie looks beautiful BJ! Think I need to make one this weekend! Take care of yourself:@)

Debbie said...

It's not quite 6:00 AM your time so I am in time to pray in advance of the angiogram in my morning prayer time.

(And I love your mother's trick. I will try that!)

Donnie said...

You are in my prayers for a great outcome. Then you can go home for another piece of that yummy looking pie. Hugs.

Rettabug said...

Immediate "knee mails" being offered up, that your tests go smoothly & show good results. I pray that God will guide the hands that take care of you today.
I used to work in the heart cath dept. of the Cleveland Clinic, so I know EXACTLY what you will be experiencing today. I know you will be fine.

Gentle Healing Hugs,
Rett

Rettabug said...

p.s. That pie looks amazing & I shall try your Mamma's tricks to doctor one up very, very soon.

Sue said...

What a yummy idea, cherry pie is is one of my favs. I will be praying for you today, Bj
Blessings,
Sue

Maryann said...

What a great idea, makes me want to have some pie right now. Hope all goes well this morning, said a little prayer for you

Pamela said...

I could eat the whole pie! I think I can smell it through the screen.

Praying for you test today.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

You have me craving pie and ice cream!!!! Glad you are OK and home again. Thanks for the tip too!!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Praying for you! I love the idea of adding the butter and sugar to the pie, sounds wonderful!

Madeline's Album said...

B.J. prayers are with you today and always. Hope all goes well. The cherry pie looks so good. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Balisha said...

Hi BJ,
You have me hungry for cherry pie. What a neat trick to put a sugery mixture on top...As my mom would say, "Why I never."
Hugs and good wishes for you going through your tests. Praying for a good outcome.
Balisha




Linda @ A La Carte said...

bj keeping you in my prayers! Hope you are much better soon! I do love a cherry pie and your tweaks to it look yummy!

Adrienne said...

You are in my prayers, dear friend. Praying that you will sense God's hands holding you close.
~Adrienne~

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

My sweet friend, you KNOW you have my prayers! It's all going to be just fine. I promise. :)
Much love,
Mona

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

p.s. If I could, I would package Johnny Depp up and send him to you!! I WOULD! Mr. Sweet wouldn't mind...would he? :)

Audrey said...

sweet bj ... Continuing to pray that things go well for you ... you will get good reports and you will be feeling really good soon. The pie look so good ... Sara Lee bakes pies for me too. Mr. Z. said 'send him a slice' ... cherry is his favorite. Love you little pie bird sitting so deep in that pie ... looks like he is calling for help.
Love you gal.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Susan K said...

Praying, BJ.
Hugs,
Suzy from PA

Beverly said...

I am so thankful that your tests are within normal. We must keep you healthy and happy.

My husband loves cherry pie. I'll send him right over and make sure he brings ice cream.

Pat said...

BJ,
Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord!!!
Praise the Lord. . .you're procedure went well and you are at home resting!!!
Praise the Lord that there is a contract pending on the sale of your house!!!
Praise the Lord that you can bake a cherry pie admist all the turmoil!!!
Prayers continuing on your behalf, dear friend!!!
Fondly,
Pat

SmilingSally said...

Cherry pie is Johnny's favorite, and I'm going to do this special treat for him! Thanks.

Audrey said...

So happy to hear the test results. Take it easy and get some rest. This has a been a stressful time for you and Mr. Sweet. I believe in the power of prayer.
Feel excited that you have a contract on the house ... prayers answered.
Love,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasuers

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Haha! I love your sense of humor. If you ever see 2 Johnny Depps's, you keep one and send me the other one, okay? :)

I've been on break and didn't know about your angiogram until now. Glad to hear that it went well!! Yay!! Another Yay for the contract!! Great news. Take care!

Patty Antle said...

You are so funny! And you make me hungry all the time with you goodies. Cherry pie rocks!! especially with ice cream!

Sarah said...

BJ, I'm behind visiting so catching up tonight. I've loved reading everyone of these previous posts. I'm a Johnny Depp fan too! '-)
Hope the double vision clears soon and that you are on the road to good health. Wishing I had a slice of this delicious pie right now. Oh, and I noticed your sweet granddaughter is a Chi O. We're sisters. '-)