FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Monday, July 8, 2013

42 cents and Cardboard

Hey, ya'll 
Hope things are going sooo good for you. 
We are doing good here at Sweet Nothings. 

I am a huge collector of MAGAZINES.
I just can NOT throw any of them away...
O..
I've given  tons and tons away...mostly to doctor waiting rooms.

 I do love those CARDBOARD magazine holders....
and I have several placed in my book shelves...



but I REALLY like the
fancier ones...

aren't these to the left just
ADORABLE...

what great decorating additions to our rooms and useful, too.

Really, they all are really good-looking, filled with favorite magazines
and just about anything you may need to store....
some can be a little expensive....

but...take a look at THIS...





CEREAL BOXES...

made into ADORABLE
MAGAZINE HOLDERS....
WHO would have thought to tweak a CEREAL BOX....??
The SITS GIRLS have a FANTASTIC INSTRUCTION POST
RIGHT HERE.....

We ALL eat cereal and have boxes to make into something really COOL....
and so CHEAP.....
...now, I do have this gorgeous PINK PAISLEY magazine holder that I love to pieces.

PINK is good..
PINK PAISLEY is better. :)

and I found this on the clearance table last year at ROSS Dept. Store.
so IT was pretty CHEAP.....

If you want to see some of my other different type magazine holders,
you can click HERE. 


But then.....
I found these two black and white holders in a thrift  store...
great condition..
42 cents each...
WHAT...????
42 CENTS....yep....
now THAT is pretty dang cheap......
these thrift stores are AMAZING. 

...have you noticed it is SOOO about the LITTLE THINGS....?
meee, too.


It seems that so many times, it is just little things....inexpensive things, that add the
coveted personality for our rooms.




I know I always put in too many photos of THE SAME THING...
Seems I might have a problem....:)

I mean....REALLY....how can I do an entire post on


2 little, cute
CARDBOARD
magazine holders
that cost
42 cents a piece.??

Yep, pretty sure I have a problem deleting some of my photos.

Like most of you, it isn't ALWAYS about the SUBJECT of the photo.....

but the composition, the placement of the items,
the out-of-the-box
styling of the items......

so, when several photos of the same subject comes out pretty good....I wanna use them all.

in fact...somewhere buried deep in my 200+ DRAFTS,
I have a post about the way I take my photos...

I just LOVE all of ya'll for letting me use a lot of the almost-the-same photos...
I love you all  !!

27 comments:

Sylvia said...

I have made magazine holders from cereal boxes before. I use them in my classroom for magazines and papers to be returned. Fun and basically free.

Sylvia said...

I have made magazine holders from cereal boxes before. I use them in my classroom for magazines and papers to be returned. Fun and basically free.

Patty Patterson said...

Those are super cute! And to think that I've spent good money on ugly ones when I could have made cute ones. Now I know.

Terra said...

The patterns of the magazine holders are gorgeous. I bought a holder (book shelf like) to keep copies of the hundreds of magazines that my articles are published in, but your holders are more cute and love the price of the 2 thrift store finds.

Lorrie said...

Magazine holders are so great for keeping all those issues. I have waay too many magazines in my house. Love the patterns of those holders.

Our Hopeful Home said...

I keep meaning to do this, I have Martha Stewart Magazines from, like, 15 years ago!

Gayla said...

Love those! They make it okay to keep magazines!

Linda said...

I used to use Tide detergent boxes for magazine holders. Covered them in contact paper. I even did this when I homeschooled Amber and Ben for my teacher books! Love ALL your photos! You can NEVER have TOO many!!

Anonymous said...

Hi BJ, thanks for your sweet comments about my little blue table on my blog. I dropped it off at the antique mall yesterday and hated to see it go :( I have actually made the cereal boxes into magazine holders before! You can also make them into a desk-top letter holder, much cheaper than the store-bought ones. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi BJ! Your blog looks beautiful. Love the header and stripes. You got some great magazine holders there! I usually donate my magazines to the local library. They have a table when you walk in the door to place them and then anyone can pick them up and take them home for free.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

I love all the cool/neat ideas you find!!! Cereal boxes, "prettied-up," for storing magazines!

Who-d-a-thunk???????????? ,-)

You keep showing us all the pics you want to show us!!!!!!!!! Your Dear Readers love your blog. We love your blog, because we love how you DO your blog. So keep right on, *doing* your blog, as you love.

"Auntie" sezzzzzz...!!! :-)

Ricki Treleaven said...

I love these, BJ! 42 cents is an amazing deal, you lucky duck. I bet I could make something cute out of cereal boxes. What a great idea! THanks for the link to the tutorial. I could use some cute magazine holders. :D I'll try to make some later this summer.

Thanks for linking up. My post is live now!

xo,
RJ

Audrey said...

bj ... I think you got your 42¢ worth. Love your pictures, and never too many.
Blessings,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

The French Hutch said...

Great idea using the cereal boxes for magazine holders bj. Love your pink paisley and wow what a find for forty-two cents. Love you photos, you can’t have, you posts are always beautiful.

~Emily
The French Hutch

LV said...

What will they think of next. Some people got all the brains.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I love seeing lots of photos, so you can't ever have too many, IMO. Love the cute mag holders, that is a very clever idea!

Debbie said...

I did that years ago but then got my hands on some plastic ones and the great cereal box hoarding sort of stopped. You make me want to start it all over again. Those really are pretty, and I'm very nuts about the pink paisley.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I've never made my own..but it is certainly a cute idea. I just do crafts anymore..I paint..you know, spray paint.but that's about it. I have bought some adorable ones..which I keep on my desk and other places. WHAT a deal on the ones you got for 42 cents. :) GOOD for you, bj.

NanaDiana said...

I love pretty magazine holders....just love them- xo Diana

Vee said...

You have 200 drafts? I was thinking that I was doing great with three or four ideas. Yes, it really is all about the little things that make life more beautiful and are useful.

Beverly said...

What a clever idea. You, my dear, take great photos.

Latane Barton said...

Now that is a brilliant idea. Love it and will have to try.

Latane Barton said...

Now that is a brilliant idea. Love it and will have to try.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Yes, it is the little things in life! You're so right about that, dear bj! I love your cute magazine holders and those for 42 cents were such a deal. You're just the cutest thing! I checked out the underwater photos from your family and they were great. (I'm a sissy like you!) xo

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

You are one very clever girl! Your magazine holders are just too cute and super thrifty!

Irene said...

I decorated my old ugly plastic magazine boxes with tissues paper and modge podge. Still use them today.

Annesphamily said...

I better start saving those cereal boxes! I have shelves filled with magazines. It breaks my heart if any of them get ruined! So to save shelf space for my books here I am visiting you and then your friend with the tutorial! Thank you bj you are just a doll!