FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Bits and Bobs

Hi, folks... BOY, all at once we are having H.O.T. days... I mean, like in the high 90's and 100 degrees...
 Here it is only the middle of May...it has me wondering about June, July and August.
 Probably gonna be a long hot summer.


 We DID have a tiny rain that helped our feelings A LOT...
OOO,
how I love to see those dark clouds gathering....

Enuf rain to get the dirt wet, anyway....

I found that olden metal WATER METER COVER beside the road several years ago.....

wonder why I love it.?

...it's just a piece of junk....
but, it's METAL...
and it has a little
RUST...

what's NOT to love?
I love these little violets...
they bloom for only about 2 weeks here...and the flowers are tiny.

But the green leaves stay pretty all summer as long as they are watered.
I'll miss them when we move....

 I don't have too much blooming right now...but these little miniature HOLLY HOCKS
are multiplying all over the place and such a pretty color...

I want to transplant some of these into LARGE POTS....to take with me when I move.
Will that work....?
I am sooo not a gardener.

Nice, clean pots....LARGE for room to grow...
MIRACLE  GROW, galore....???

 Our little KNOCK OUT ROSES are just beginning to bloom....







and, as always....

in the prettiest PINK...












ON ANOTHER NOTE...
I have tried NOT to go THRIFTING  until we get moved and I know what I have need for....

but, as you know, OLD HABITS are sooo hard to break...

and when you have a great THRIFT STORE right across the street,
the temptation is waaay too great.

I am looking for bedside tables and actually, I just saw a photo of 
FILING CABINETS, painted a beautiful  gray and used for 
tables beside the bed that has me DROOLING all over myself.............

I absolutely LUV this look....
I've just GOTTA find some like these...

SOOO, I've been looking at all the thrift stores and Craigs List...

 



Today, I didn't find my filing cabinets but
saw these.....

cute BLACK and WHITE pillows...

like BRAND SPANKIN' NEW...











for $1.99  each,

and having Black and White throughout
my whole house....


 how in the world ....


 could I POSSIBLY resist....??

hahhaaa...I do love them and will use the heck out of them...all over the place.


Found these mums (?) in the clearance basket at the grocery store today
and will plant them in a large pot....
will it work....??


Since it's hard for me to leave you WITHOUT FOOD....



I bought the ingredients today
for some more of these

delicious

CRANBERRY ORANGE SCONES.

I made them last year and, boy, they are soooo tasty.

Wish you could come have one and a nice cup of flavored tea with me....:>)

I am linking with:
OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY
COTTAGE STYLE PARTY
SHOW AND SHARE
FULL PLATE THURSDAY
TIME TRAVEL
OPEN HOUSE
SHOWCASE YOUR TALENT
SHARE YOUR CUP

32 comments:

Irene said...

OMG BJ! Thanks for this post. I have a file cabinet like that one in the hall way that I was hiding. I love that paint color and will put it to use as a night stand. I never would have thought to paint that ugly file cabinet.

arkie said...

Violets and Hollyhocks are some of my favorite flowers! My knockout roses aren't even beginning to bloom yet. Love the black and white pillows you found. Wish you luck on potting the plants.

Stacey said...

BJ, Have you done a walk around in your new place? Maybe I missed it. Great move finding the black and white pillows. They are perfect for you. Hope y'all get some rain. We had a huge storm here this afternoon and I bet we got at least 4 inches of rain. :)

Tami Von Zalez said...

Are you sure we aren't twins? I love it all - from your flowers to your black and white pillows to your cranberry orange scones.

We even have the same hairstyle!

Cheers ~

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Vee said...

Oh I wish that I could, too...come by for a scone. Must be a big difference between Texas east and Texas west. Linda's wearing a sweater over there in East Texas. As for potting the posies...might work!

Lorrie said...

I love those black and white pillows and they look great on your chairs. What a find. I also love the look of painted furniture, but my husband is in love with wood finish. So far, I've painted one piece and am politicking for more.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'd be in big trouble if there were a thrift store across my street. Haha. I think the filing cabinet as a bedside table is a great idea! The pillows are very spiffy, too, and I love the Fruits of the Spirit plaque on the wall!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Love the pillows - they are great and such a good deal. I like how they used the filing cabinets. Your plants you want to take should do well - just water them a lot when in pots.
Hows the house going? Any nibbles?
Have a great Memorial Weekend.
Mary

middle child said...

I "heart" you.

Debbie said...

Oh there is no way I would have resisted those pillow! Good find and great buy.

I love that inspiration photo with the filing cabinet side table. I would never have thought of that. I used to use a set of filing cabinets in our room under a table round and skirt, but I wouldn't have thought to just flat out use them. It looks wonderful.

Wondering what happened to my filing cabinets... yard sale, I think.

Kathleen Grace said...

Well I agree, you couldn't leave those pillows behind! They are perfect!

Theresa said...

WOW, those pillows are gorgeous! Congrats on finding them and they look beautiful on your chairs! Have a blessed day dear BJ, HUGS!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Pillow don't count, when it comes to not buying before you move...they are light...easy to carry....just don't buy any books or cast iron :-)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh I so hope you can take some of your beloved wee little growing things, with you! Maybe if you whisper to them, that they are really "moving," all by them selves, it would help.

Ya' know how wild growing things, really like to just grow here and there, on their own? Keep telling them, that they are doing that. When you transplant 'em!

Beth said...

The scones sound delicious!

Madeline's Album said...

I really like the pillows great find for you. The scones look delicious. Transplant the cute flowers I am sure they will do well. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Pondside said...

You absolutely could NOT have left those cushions behind. They might as well have had a tag saying 'reserved for BJ' because they were meant for you!

carol l mckenna said...

Prom girls are dazzling and beautiful post ~ cushions, scones and all ~ Enjoy ^_^

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I wish you got moved already. I want to see what you do with all that gorgeous black and white...cuz I love it all!!

Beverly said...

There is a limit to how much one can resist, and you stayed within the boundaries.

I wish I was there to share with you, too.

Revi said...

BJ! I think we may be near neighbors!
I'm following you, Texas girl.
:)
-Revi

Jeanne said...

Hi bj, I cannot resist going to thrift stores. Sometimes I don't buy a thing I just love to look. I hope you fine some file cabinets to convert. You are just the gal who can do it. I like the look too.

The strawberries are ripe here now and so delicious. We are having strawberry heaven here. I need to take photos.

You are going to love your pool this summer.

Love you much.
Jeanne

Unknown said...

Your 'girls' are gorgeous BJ. The pillows are a fabulous & beautiful bargain ... love all the b&w decor.

Have a wonderful holiday ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Olive said...

Happy you got rain BJ. The pillows look great on the slipper chairs!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

The file cabinets are fabulous, so I hope you find some! Love the black and white pillows....great find! I hope you get to bring some of your plants with you!
hugs,
Linda

betty-NZ said...

Great shots, love the flowers. I'm sure they will move well as long as you keep them watered.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I do hope you find your end tables for your bedroom. I love the look too, although my room is in the pinks,etc. I do love your black and white. All of my rooms are different..but..it suits me.
I sometimes have trouble figuring if you are in your new home..or your old one. With all the flowers..I knew you were still at home! :)

Audrey said...

hi bj ... Wish I could pop over for a nice visit ... I would love one of your scones. Love your pillows too. Everyone needs a day to visit the Thrifts.
Hugs,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Patty Patterson said...

Pretty girls. pretty flowers and great finds! And I'm in Oklahoma but we missed the storms. It was just dark and cloudy here - but I missed that, too. I was in the ER with my son and you don't see anything inside large buildings and in closed rooms. Billy had an emergency appendectomy - and was back at the ER last night. Pray for his healing if you think about it.

Sue said...

The pillows are great. I swear I leave our Goodwill feeling as if I may have caught something by just looking at things. I've yet to see anything clean or new in ours. I'd like nothing more than a chat with you over tea and scones!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Bj, love the look of the filing cabinets too! Who knew they could be so cute? Hope you find some gal. The pillows are perfect and I love your B&W! I have some of those miniature Hollyhocks that I brought from my previous home. Last year gave a friend a few starts. Noticed I have three or four new ones again. I think they will do just fine if you put them in a gallon pot. If they don't make it let me know. I could send you some. Best of luck! So happy to have you join SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi bj, just hopping back to let you know that I am featuring you later today at SYC.
hugs,
Jann