FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Do YOU like ice cream year 'round...?? Meee, too !


Hi, ya'll.....
please bear with me thru another PAST POST.
 

THE ICE CREAM FAIRY
has been to 
SWEET NOTHINGS
AGAIN
and 
BOY !!, 
did we enjoy her.






For the occasion, a couple of bunches of $5 grocery store flowers were in order....


here they are, just waiting to be cut, separated, and placed in an awesome container....

I just smile all over myself when
I splurge and buy flowers
at the market.

I wish we all could do it every time we go to the store ...it just makes my whole week better.

Life is too short not to enjoy
FLOWERS....
year 'round...:)



 Here's a few I put in adorable little canning jars......



 and tucked them into the cutest little wire bottle holder.
The cutie was sent to me from LIZ at THE BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE
a few years ago.
I've really REALLY enjoyed it....



........it makes a great little centerpiece when you need something very low..
and "not too much"........just perfect with a few lovely BLOOMS inside. 





Then we gathered FRUIT......

fresh, ripe, sweet STRAWBERRIES are always wanted on ice cream around here....

we slice them and pile them high on vanilla ice cream....


and, BANANAS are ALWAYS wanted by Mr. Sweet...and the grands like making BANANA SPLITS...




....and, then came the TOPPINGS....
let's see now....I KNOW we have CHOCOLATE SYRUP...it must still be in the fridge...
then there's CHERRY DR. PEPPER topping...
and
pecans....of COURSE
and
TOASTED MARSHMALLOW topping
and
crushed PINEAPPLE
with PINEAPPLE topping
and
STRAWBERRY SYRUP to go along with those FRESH STRAWBERRIES.....
and 
SWEET, THICK WHIPPED CREAM
and
BRIGHT RED CHERRIES

.....have I missed anything ?
O YES.....




I baked a
COUNTRY SPICE
CAKE....
with 
ButterCream frosting, sprinkled with just a touch of chopped pecans...

this kind of cake tastes pretty darn good
with a big bowl of 

DRESSED UP ICE CREAM.....



O HONEY











THE ULTIMATE ......
Mr. Sweet......well, I can get just about ANYthing I want if I serve
him a big ole Banana Split.



Did I mention that this
OLD FASHIONED ICE CREAM SOCIAL

was the dessert part of the HOME FELLOWSHIP group 
that gathered at our house one Sunday?

It was a perfect time to have an ice cream party....
AWESOME...

We all had sandwiches, saving PLENTY of room for dessert....

NOW....go make YOUR SWEET SELF  a nice big bowl of your favorite......
and I hope YOU have an



COTTAGE STYLE PARTY
SHOW AND SHARE
WHATS IT WED.
WED. EXTRAVAGANZA

16 comments:

Madeline's Album said...

Yummy everything looks good. Love the flowers in the wire basket with the canning jars, very clever. Have a blessed evening. Madeline

LV said...

I love ice cream anytime, but try not to buy it. I tend to eat more than I should. However, I would take a banana split regardless.

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Wow oh my how wonderful is that! I could eat that until the cows come home, but I can't. So I will just enjoy your wonderful pictures of ice cream.
Love the wire basket with the pretty flowers.
Have a great rest of the week.
Mary

Beth said...

I am going to get vanilla ice cream and toppings when I shop Thursday!!

YUMM!!

Gina said...

Ok, I can't type. That ice cream made me weak in the knees! :D

Vee said...

Oh yes, I like ice cream all year round. Perhaps I'm dreaming, but I think I remember this one. It was the perky flowers in the basket that looked familiar to me. Hope that all is going well with you.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Ice cream is good any time! I shouldn't eat it because it makes my blood sugar soar I'm sure, but I can't resist it once in a while. Your photos look so good that I want to reach into the screen and grab some cake and ice cream both!

Debbie said...

Count me in as another one who likes ice cream year round. It's best in the hot months, I admit, but I will eat it unless I'm chilled to the bone.

I love the way you always make everything, even a bowl of ice cream, so pretty.

doodles n daydreams said...

Oh yum. I gave up ice cream for Easter and oh did that first one afterwards taste so good.
Have a great week.

Diana

Theresa said...

Oh yes... meeeee too:) Ice cream year round!!!! Have a yummy day dear BJ, HUGS!

Audrey said...

Love ice cream on a slice of hot fruit pie, That banana split looks pretty tempting though. Mr. Z. eats enough ice cream for both of us. As always, a pretty and tempting post. Love the flowers.
Blessings,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Gramma 2 Many said...

Ice Cream any time day or night is fine with me :)
I love your wire basket. Reminded me that I have a similar one downstairs in my closet. I think I will go down and dig it out and do something amazing with it.
Have a great day and thank you for stopping by my blog. Sure hope to visit with you there again.

Sue said...

Oh honey is right! Florida is just full of those frozen yogurt places that you pick your flavor and fill your bowl, then they have every topping you can think of and more! They weigh it at the end and that is how you pay. We went almost every day last week. Oh so good!

Irene said...

What a cute wire basket. Just perfect for those lovely flowers. "I scream, You scream, We all scream for Ice Cream!"

Savannah Granny said...

So luscious. I am so hungry just reading this post. ginger

Nicole@nicole-southerncharm.com/ said...

Oh wow! I am going to have to try this out! I am a new follower from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and hopefully you will want to follow me back! Nicole