FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Sunday, September 30, 2012

HOT for FALL and WINTER

Hi, Ya'll
OCTOBER IS 
NATIONAL BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH
I take the challenge every year to post something PINK in each
of my posts for the entire month of OCTOBER.
♥ 
 Now as you might have guessed since I seldom post about clothing....
  I have no HUGE interest in clothes. Oh, don't get me wrong....I love getting new clothes...shoes....bags.... It's just that I am not NEARLY as interested in them as I was when I was a young thing. lol
Seems if I have a little money to SPEND, I choose to spend it ON MY HOUSE. :)

 I do like to know what is "in", tho and was looking thru the net to see what might be on the fashion scene this fall and winter.

 BAGS:
Bag Trends Fall/ Winter 2012/ 2013

Tiny Bags. Yes, a contrast again. Designers like to play with us. Nevertheless, tiny bags are perfect for going out, romantic dates and other occasions you need to have just a phone and lipstick with you for. Some bags are just small while others are really tiny, like those in Dolce & Gabbana Fall/ Winter 2012/ 2013 collection.

 Roomy Bags. Roomy bags have always been popular with women with busy schedules, those who have to do a few things and be at different places at the same time. If you are the one who has to work, attend a dance class, take your kids to school and fulfill a great number of other daily duties, you will be glad to know that your huge bag that holds everything you might need during a day is now trendy.
I LOVE both a roomy bag and a tiny one.
When I'm going somewhere that I don't need all the STUFF like
checkbook
Immodium
huge ring of keys
a honkin' brush
big journal of my "get 'er done" lists
extra toothbrush *yep..sometimes, I DO have one in my purse)
camera.....WAIT...when do I not need a CAMERA...???
Ya know all the STUFF we carry,
I love having just a tiny bag for drivers license and lipstick.

COLORS:
WARM
 I am totally loving the SWEET POTATO color...
 COOL:
SHOES:
HIGH heel, funky.
I don't do HIGH
anything....:))
         

BOOTS...and I LOVE boots for winter.

The boots I have are black leather with a low heel and they are classic enuf that I can wear them as long as boots are in style.






ANTHROPOLOGIE.......*heavy sigh
 COLLARS are supposed to be really IN this winter.
I had to giggle just a bit because back when I was young,
in the '60's, 
collars were all the rage. I had sooo many and now I would
LOVE to have them back.
Just look at the price of these two.....WHEW !

But now, I REALLY love this navy CAPE.
Isn't it so good lookin'.....
Yep....when my ship comes in.............
Would you take a look at this model's LEGS....
Now, I had skinny legs once...but NEVER that slim....WOW...
but I do love that cape.

 I just bought this soft corduroy shirt jacket in the
RUSSET/PUMPKIN  color and I LOVE IT.



I bought the tee in the same color range ....


This amazing store that I just discovered,  
CHRISTOPHER & BANKS,
has prices that are O so affordable and really cute clothes.



The scarf...50% off
 ...also bought a tee in BLACK...
2 tees....$10.00
(this is a little more orange than in REAL life...)



.....jewelry 75% off....


OOO, I AM SURE LOVIN' IT.


This cutie jacket and tees are going to be great with my LEGGINS'.

I do love LEGGINS'....so comfy and easy to wear....stick 'em into a pair of high black boots and
YOU ARE STYLIN', BABY.
 ...the lighting sure changes the colors in a photo...
I think these last two photos are more the true color of this jacket...
A blogger sent me an email the other day that said,
"I don't know ANYone that has more fun than you,
PLAYING WITH YOUR PHOTOS."
.....and.....
SHE IS SO RIGHT.  hahhaaaa...
AIN'T  LIFE  GRAND !!
xoxo bj

IN OTHER NEWS.....
KATHY of KATHY' COTTAGE is the winner of the
$80.00 GIFT CARD to GlassesUSA.
CONGRATS, Kathy.
I will notify GlassesUSA, sending them your name and email address.
They will take it from there.
xoxo

28 comments:

Vee said...

I am not wearing those shoes. No, no, no... Collars are cute. Colors are interesting. We are suffering with the same affliction...any extra money goes to the house. I look like the dickens and the house looks just okay. Ha!

Eclectically Vintage said...

What a great idea to do a pink post every day in October!

I'm a boots girl myself - but can do without the heels! Those days are over!
Kelly

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Love your pretty outfit bj!!! Would love to find a scarf like that! Picked up a pretty one at Catos the other day but it's not Fall looking.

The French Hutch said...

bj, I think you have a great sense of fashion. I love the pumpkin colored shirt and tee, and love the scarf. Wow, love those little collars too. I remember the last one I bought was a lace collar from Laura Ashley when they were so popular. I enjoyed your fall fashion tour!
Happy Week......

~Emily
The French Hutch

Beverly said...

Happy Blue Monday, BJ. I love your new pretties, and you wearing them will make them even prettier.

I love that you recognize Breast Cancer Awareness during the month of October. We will be recognizing it for Pink Saturday this month, too.

Audrey said...

Seeing that cute outfit makes me want to go shopping for clothes. Need to donate all my outdated dresses to the Thrift. Have tons of scarfs so maybe I can dress up something old with them.
Enjoyed your post.
Hugs,
Audrey Z.

Gemma Wiseman said...

A very interesting range of stylish clothes! I too love the flow of that cape! It really is beautiful!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

COURAGE! Dear One! With finding your way through the maze of *New* Blogger. It will come. You will find your way.

I'm still not totally through the &*^%$$&** Maze. But it's not as bad as it was, at first. ,-)

Pretty blog look!!!

"Auntie"

Madeline's Album said...

I love the jacket the color is great. Enjoyed seeing all the stylish fashions. Have a blessed day and a great October. Madeline

SmilingSally said...

I'm having problems with the new blogger too, but I'm not trying to do anything fancy. I just sigh more often!

Now as to colors, I like that Peacock Blue. That is blue-tiful!


Happy Blue Monday, BJ.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I spent an hour yesterday trying how to pay for my picture usage. They - blogger - think everything is perfectly clear and then they send you to links that don't work. I always make a hard copy of the blogs on my blogroll. It won't link me, but at least I will know who they are....I mean there is 140 of them!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

BJ all these photos are really cool. I love to look at these clothes but just not interested in buying. I have changed to smaller purses that strap across my body. I have more hands free, less weight on my shoulders and feel safer with my purse. Hugs, Linda

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Thank you for the "upper" I needed. I usually don't stay down long and when I am feeling that way I head over to my dear friend bj to see what's cookin'.
You are a joy to us all, bj. I loved your new jacket and tops. We love the same colors. Pumpkin was the color of my new Fall tablecloth.
So far I have not found any clothing in that color but I am looking. The style of jacket you bought is also one of my favorites.

Yes, I am having trouble posting. It's such a slow process. Something that should only take moments takes an hour and it's disconcerting!! And that's putting it mildly.
Kicking dirt clods??? LOL Perfectly said!!
Hugs and love,
Mona

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love Christopher and Banks. They really have beautiful clothes for Fall! You found a lovely outfit! Now bring on the cool weather! Sweet hugs!

classic • casual • home said...

Such a fun post. Love the jacket.

LV said...

These fashions are not designed for seniors like me. I can hardly find anything I like to wear anymore. However, I do like the shirt you bought. You are doing just fine on showing off a new header now and then. I think you are doing just dandy. Too, we do not have one of those stores around here.

Judi said...

Hi BJ *hugs*
Well I did enjoy looking at the fashions. I like tiny bags but then I end up taking a larger bag to slip the little bag into because I need a little more room...but I don't like big bags because they sure do get heavy.

I really love the collar of the orange outfit you bought. Beautiful for this time of year.

I like buying things for my home too but do like to treat myself also.

have a blessed day
Judi

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I love the ideas you've picked out in this post! I really enjoy putting different outfits together. One of my secret thrills each day!!!

That sounds a bit sad but it's true!!

Sarahx

Raydene said...

BJ, You are the cutest 70 year old blogger / person I know. You are my favorite blog to read.
Love, Raydene

joyh82 said...

Love the fall colors, great outfit!
I am so ready for fall now.

Anonymous said...

Immodium...... oh, that made me SO happy! And here I thought I was the only one who carried it in my purse! That is priceless! And you are right, it is nice to know the trends, but I surely don't buy an iota of the clothes I used to buy. Being retired certainly helps in that cause!!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Everything is fabulous!

My BLUE
Your comment is always a delight to read.

Theresa said...

Oh girl, I keep extra purses in my car:) I take a little one to Church and school activities, a big one SHOPPING! Love the jacket and scarf! BIG HUGS!

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Bj!

Your jacket is so "
fallish" and I love that scarf. I used to shop Christopher and Banks in Tx. Now I can only shop online. They are similar to Coldwater Creek but at a lower price point :)

xoxo Bunny Jean

Pie said...

The bags are gorgeous.

My Blue Monday.

Sarah said...

I prefer a big bag, even though the smaller ones are in style. Sometimes I put a small bag in a big one to keep certain items aside, such as a toothbrush and hand sanitizer. I love that pumpkin colored shirt, I just bought a cardigan in the same color.