FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Fallish CopyCat...

Hi, ya'll...
It's time for more fun parties....one of which is hosted by 
and if you've not played along, I urge you to give it a try.
It's more fun.....I love it.
THIS is my challenge this month.
I've been trying to decide what I wanted for a LOW centerpiece for my dining table.

I have several TALL ones, which I don't want to use when we are trying to converse and eat at the table.

I was in Hobby Lobby and noticed this
GRAPEVINE WREATH with a few fallish flowers entertwined....and CANDLES in the middle....
and then I knew just what I wanted.
The photo above is taken from HOBBY LOBBY CRAFTS magazine.

I had a GRAPEVINE WREATH from last year.
I knew I didn't want ORANGE...
I have plenty of that color on my fall mantel....
so...I chose brown tones....
Brown hydrangeas and other little flowery things.
I am not sure why I chose BROWN as it is not a favorite color, either...
When I saw them in the store, however, I knew they would look good on my
 BURLAP RUNNER....
(doesn't EVERYthing revolve around our BURLAP ?)
AND....I DO have that giant BROWN ceramic PUMPKIN that is a favorite FALL thing...
I just showed it to you on my Fall mantel.
Nope.....mine isn't JUST like the HOBBY LOBBY ONE but I only used
HL's  for inspiration....
The challenge is to come CLOSE to your inspiration photo....
trying to spend as little money as possible.
I love my new centerpiece and it sure was CHEAP...
I just bought the flowers.....50% off.
Woo Hoo.....my kind of shopping.
I will add more creamy candles as budget allows...
(one of these days when I either WIN THE LOTTERY or MY SHIP COMES IN,
I am going to buy a WHOLE box of CREAMY CANDLES.)

32 comments:

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Looks great. I love brown hydrangeas too. I don't know why. I guess I just LOVE hydrangeas. I'm also not a BIG fan on those tall centerpieces. I have no place to move them off the table, and I'd like to see my husband at dinner time. It may be the only time I see him all day. :)

middle child said...

Once again...your centerpiece looks much better than your inspiration one.
Hmmmm. I am a candle hoarder and now that my husband has COPD I can no longer burn them when he is around. Do candles travel well?

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi BJ. That is just so beautiful and a fine representation of the HL piece. If you look at my blog, I stole off with your pink ribbon challenge button. You know I am all about the pink. Thanks so much..Happy Wednesday..Judy

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Great job BJ. I love the copycat challenge too. I always decide at the very last minute what I'm doing.

Gina said...

Great copycat, BJ. I love the brown hydrangeas...so pretty!

Vee said...

Oh I do love brown and so this very much appeals to me. Perhaps I'll play and try doing this a few months before I actually get brave enough for real. I always like yours better than the original. Always.

Debbiedoos said...

Oh it totally works for my Bj! It really is pretty. In fact your is prettier than HB..they really don't know what they are doing as far as staging LOL:) Love ya Bj, and so happy you joined me as always..you are my biggest cheerleader for this party.

Maria Elena said...

Oh, BJ! It is sooo pretty!!!You did a fabulous job with your copy cat. I think yours looks so much prettier than the original. The hydrangeas are gorgeous!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

That is on your list when your boat comes in? wow...you are easy to please....I loaded my ship up with so much stuff...it sunk!!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I like the brown too BJ...actually I love brown in clothing but can't wear it, does nothing for my skin tone and I look washed out!
I love yours better than the HL one:)

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Great copy, BJ! Yours looks fabulous!

Renée said...

Wow BJ, I'm a week late and dollars short, but your centerpiece looks awesome. I like it so much better than their mock up...way to go!

I guess I better put my red-white and whoo away. It's time to light some pretty candles. You've brought out the Fallidays in me. Thanks!

Teresa said...

So lovely!
Really like yours much more than the HL one. Your hidrangeas add a warmth that somehow is missing on the inspiration.
Not knowing HL if you had put the things other wise - yours being theirs and theirs youy copycat - I would be "Oh, BJ, didn't you have some hidrangeas to add. That's all that's missing" ahahahah

Well done, Dear One.


Lynn said...

Love your new centerpiece BJ! Wish we had a Hobby Lobby around here:@)

Ricki Treleaven said...

Very pretty copycat, BJ! :D I like yours better than the original.

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

What a great centerpiece! Don't you love it when you can add something new to your decor at such a great price! Thanks for showing us how to make a great copy cat centerpiece!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh my gracious! What a beautiful Autumn centerpiece!

Same here, don't pick orange or brown, in my decoration scheme, usually. But they sooooooo-fit, at this time of year. :-)

Gentle hugs,
"Auntie"

Madeline's Album said...

Very pretty centerpiece. Once again you have created a masterpiece. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Beautiful! I love the browns with the burlap. The hydrangeas are so pretty.

Dee

A Proverbs 31 Wife said...

I love it! And really, what doesn't go with burlap? ;)
Found you at Thursday Favorite Things

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Great copycat! Burlap does give a nice accent doesn't it! I like how your's came out and it's better than the HL one!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your's looks like a million bucks BJ!

Beverly said...

I like yours the bestest.♥

Linda @ A La Carte said...

bj I really love your version! The browns are a favorite of mine and yes they look great with the burlap!
hugs, Linda

Audrey said...

Well, you have created another FIRST PLACE winner.
Really pretty BJ ... LOVE it.
Hugs,
Audrey Z. http://audreyzumwalt.blogspot.com/
Timeless Treasures

Katherines Corner said...

I like your copy cat version better :-) Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Gorgeous BJ. I love the rich depth color of the browns. Really makes it pop! I like your interpretation so much better.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I'd say you met that challenge right on. Good job! I'm not a fan of brown either, but it sure works well in that arrangement. Blessings!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Perfect, bj! Your wreath for the table is wonderful for Fall. Those hydrangeas look so pretty. Now I'm gonna have to copy you!!

Lynn Wood said...

This is so pretty! I love your photos with the candles lit, that is so tricky to do. You are all set for a relaxing fall now!

Lynn

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

You are definitely on a Autumn roll!
Just beautiful! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful, thank you so much for sharing your (better than the original!) project :)

Hugs, Tanya