FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

These boots were made for walking.....

 Thoughts of FALL....
I start thinking of
BOOTS....
I love wearing boots.
BOOTS from ANTHROPOLOGIE
Aren't these sooo cute...WHIPPED STITCH RIDING BOOTS
 and ya gotta LUV these for teens...ADORABLE 



THESE BUCKLE BOOTS are cute, too.

I think these belong on the feet of someone fairly YOUNG...
...a darling long flowing skirt...

THESE have the side zippers. I know those must be so comfy and easy to get on and off. I also like the height of the little heel...not too high but high enough to evenly distribute the weight on your feet.
                            ♥
♫♪THESE BOOTS WERE MADE FOR WALKING, and that's just what they'll do....
One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you......♪♫♫
Nancy Sinatra, 1966
But I liked BILLY RAY CYRUS'S version MUCH
BETTER...!! :>)  1992 (he's so dang cute)
BOOTS was included in his SOME GAVE ALL album, selling 9 million copies.

He came to LUBBOCK in about 1993 and I bought tickets for 2 grands and myself. It was a birthday gift to one of them. I've never had so much fun in my entire life. BILLY RAY put on a fabulous show. At that time, his ACHY BREAKY HEART was all the rage. When he sang it, everybody, INCLUDING THIS GRANDMOTHER, stood up and screamed. their heads off. ♥♥







THESE leather and WOOL ones are so stylish and so young at heart....

I can see these on any one of my 7 grandgirls....

THESE boots take on the look of....
warm wool stockings
underneath
brown leather ROMAN STYLE sandals...
and....I see a little MARY JANE shoe type here, too.
all in one BOOT...Amazing !

(at first, I had "I see a little Mary Jane here, too" and decided I'd better add "shoe type"...:)))
heh heh heh......






CLASSIC dark leather...

THESE can go ANYwhere, ANYtime on
ANYone, don't you think?




I've always loved having at least ONE pair of nice boots in my closet.
Pants
Skirts
Dresses....boots look great with so many things.
LICORICE LACE-UPS
(I love that name....
Don't these look so comfy.?...to me, these have a WESTERN flair...darling with a prairie skirt.
 Now, Mr Sweet says UGGS is short for UGLY..
but...I am thinking if I looked like HER..
he would like UGGS BOOTS
a heck of a lot more...
don'tchathink !!?
MERCY........let's get a BIGGER, BETTER LOOK at her...
Dayum, how can ANYONE look THAT good in a bathing suit and BOOTS ??
Is that Pamela Anderson ??
Those are MY black leather riding boots on the stacked bricks...
I have had these a couple of years and just LOVE 'em.. 
They are broken in *just right* and I can wear them all day long.
BUT...
I would LOVE a pair of THESE, too.
Would you like a pair of RUSSET RED ones ?
and.....don't you love their name....
CHERRY STEM 
Do ya'll like to wear BOOTS in the wintertime.... ?  
HUGS AND KISSES,
bj 

25 comments:

Julie Harward said...

I am crazy about boots and have worn them since I was a little girl. I love them with dresses and skirts..just so sexy/cute! ;D

Bunny Jean said...

So do you "ride" in those riding boots or just look like one sexy mamma?

I can wear boots about three times a year here in the desert... just too hot!

We have lots of polo barns and ponies as polo if BIG here, but I'm not that lucky... or brave enough to take up riding again.

xoxo Bunny Jean
Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

Tina said...

Boots in the Fall and Winter...Flip Flops in the Spring and Summer! I LOVE boots and was just looking on line today for some more...I just don't have enough. I like several pair in your photos...it's time to boot shop!

Blondie's Journal said...

I LOVE my UGG boots...I have to have them for these cold, long winters we have here. Nothing is warmer! I also have wellies for the rain and then all sorts of varieties for whatevah!! I love boots and I'm not really a country girl!

Great post...I love how you come up with these fun topics!!

XO,
Jane

Olive said...

I found a pair I adore with red leather tips, black body, and green heel. They do not fit right...ugh. Stuck with my black ones I have had for years I wear to ride on the motorcycle.

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

I love boots, especially red ones ;-) My favorite black boots succumbed to old age just a few days ago...it was a sad, sad day.

La said...

I don't even own a pair. Hahaha. I guess I am delusional and hope that if I don't buy boots it won't snow.

Lynn said...

Never had a pair of real cowboy boots BJ, but I sure love em! Cowboys too, but that's another comment... My boots are Timberlands mostly for the snow, not as cute:@)

Catherine Denton said...

Boots and Fall go together for me like coffee and cream.
My Blog

Debra@CommonGround said...

love love love boots! that's all I wear once the temp goes below 60. Just bought 2 more pairs last week! xoxo

Marigene said...

Boots make me think of winter! I am not sure I am quite ready for it, yet...

Vee said...

I do love my boots. They look a lot like the ones you have on your stacked bricks. All of the ones you've selected are darling. Your grandgirlies must think you're so hip!

Pondside said...

I love boots too, but have a hard time finding really comfy ones. This year I'd like to find a good pair of brown leather, with a little bit of a wide heel. I think I need you to come with me!

Sweet Tea said...

Love the look of all those boots!
You can definitely spot the styles, Friend!
I don't even own a pair of boots - it just doesn't get cold enough here. The stores have them on all the displays but few people here buy them, except for the short ones.

Kathleen Grace said...

You just reminded me,I'm going to have to buy new boots this year. I try not to think about it too much becasue they go with that four letter word that starts with "s". Maybe I'll feel better if I get some really cute ones:>)

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Beeeeej,
Yes, Mr Sweet would change his mind about those Uggs, I am sure! I love mine, they are like wearing house slippers!
xoxo

Debbie said...

This was fun. I couldn't help but think how boot styles are a great example of the difference between my daughters. The younger one would be all about the Anthropologie lace up ones.

The older is classic black.

And about Billy Ray... doesn't he seem to get cuter with age?

Michele Smith said...

Being a Texas gal I love boots!
I bought a pair in Aug. for my birthday. Going to buy another pair on payday I spotted at Target.
I have UGGS and I LOVE THEM!
My favorites are my black knee high stilettos!!!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Cute post! I like boots, but don't wear them much here in FL! I do still have a pair with fringe on them that I wore when I used to do line dancing, can't seem to give them up!

Katherine

The French Hutch said...

I love boots, got some new ones too. In reference to the pic of the girl in the pic with boots, @$%&@.........

~Emily
The French Hutch

Kathleen said...

I only wear boots when we have 6 inches of snow, do not like the feel of boots. Love how they look on others though.
I thought you were on hiatus? Come see what happened to Earl and YOUR flying monkeys. Nordic pan giveaway too. You'll love it!

Screaming Sardine said...

Oh, I love those tennis shoes that are made into boots! I'm close to 50, but I sure would wear them. People might think I'm a bit crazy, though - lol!

Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I loved all of the boots here! I have not had boots in years. In fact the last two winters when it snowed here in NC, I had to wear my rubber garden muck shoes to shovel snow!

But just two days ago I bought a cool pair of scrunchy boots and a long prairie style skirt. I decided I was gonna start dressing younger and not what a "57 year old should dress like". I bought me a little denim jacket to wear with the prairie skirt and a lace top! I am wearing them tonight at the vendor event I am doing..
Hugs,
Penny

TexWisGirl said...

my favorite part of this post? 'dayum' ha ha!!!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

YES!!!! I wear boots almost every single day in the Fall and Winter! Had them on all day today. I found a style that is the most comfortable thing I ahve ever worn! They are by Impo, have a little kitten kel, and are STRETCHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They kinda hug your foot in comfort!!! LOVE!!! The sock/sandle looking one is awesome! XO, Pinky PS, you are so cute! I can just see you at the concert screaming your head off:):)