FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Sunday, May 29, 2011

THE COLORS OF THE DAY

A Memorial Day Repost
due to .............
BUSY LIFE...


MEMORIAL DAY...MAY 31, 2010...REPOSTED MAY 30, 2011
Veteran’s Day Prayer
Dear Lord,
Today we honor our veterans, worthy men and women who gave their best when they were called upon to serve and protect their country.
We pray that you will bless them, Lord, for their unselfish service in the continual strugglet o preserve our freedoms, our safety, and our country’s heritage, for all of us.
Bless them abundantly for the hardships they faced, for the sacrifices they made for their many different contributions to America’s victories over tyranny and oppression.
We respect them,
we thank them,
we honor them,
we are proud of them
and we pray that YOU will watch over these special people and bless them with peace and happiness.
In Jesus’ name we pray;
Amen.
By Joanna Fuchs
******************************************
The grandkids LOVE going on picnics..
so do I !
Sometimes...we do picnics INSIDE...
especially when the wind is blowing so hard.....or it's too HOT outside to enjoy eating.
Here is my version of the RED, WHITE and BLUE for this year's MEMORIAL DAY luncheon.
**
There's my vintage BLUE PICNIC BASKET...
I bought it so long ago at a great GARAGE SALE
and a few years back, came REALLY close to painting it RED.
My youngest grand, DEEDS,
said, "O, NO...MEMAW...I love it BLUE !"
so, OF COURSE, it IS and will always BE
this perfect shade of BLUE.....
I'm using my GREAT
RED and WHITE ( with a tiny little line of the best YELLOW)
tablecloth that my good blogging sister friend, JEANNE, over
at BACK YARD NEIGHBOR
sent to me in a LOVE PACKAGE not long ago.
There's those RED POLKA DOT dishes I love...
Just look at all this REDNESS...
is it any wonder that MOST folks in the world
LUV this color !!
Yellow and red....
A POWERFUL COMBO
This little tiny candle was sent to me from the SWEETEST NANCY that had SOUTHERN LADY blog.
I am not sure she is still there.... but I am checking.






SHE said she saw this little candle with my name on it and just HAD to get it and send to me.
I was TICKLED PINK when I received it in the mail.
Such a thoughtful thing to do for a blogging buddy.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



This setting sure puts me in the mood for
PIMENTO CHEESE SANDWICHES
DILL PICKLES
A DOUBLE HANDFUL OF POTATO CHIPS
A BIG SLICE OF CANTALOPE
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES AND ICE CREAM
ICED TEA, LEMONADE OR........
BLACKBERRY WINE...heh heh heh..it's 5 o'clock SOMEwhere !
AMAZING GRACE...HOW SWEET THE SOUND.....

MR. SWEET said I could have my ole PIMENTO CHEESE SANDWICH if I wanted to ...
BUT HE would rather have a GRILLED STEAK and ONIONS with POTATO SALAD...
I said " PHOOY on a sandwich...PLEZZZZZ make me a steak, too".....
and .... HE DID ..!!

Our family, like yours, will pause on this MEMORIAL DAY to offer thanks to our GOD for HIS grace and glory. We will thank our veterans from the bottom of our hearts and souls for ALL they have given .
Linking with:

A little thrifted wooden box in the
COLORS OF THE DAY....

35 comments:

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

Beautiful tribute to our veterans. Check out the video post on my blog.
Blessings & Hugs,
Karen

Pondside said...

That was a lovely post. I think that a picnic must be the best way to celebrate freedom!

Jeannie said...

I love your decorations, so gorgeous!Lovely post!

methartzielvansil said...

Goodmorning Jean,
I love you're table-picknick-pictures. I love red so I would have fun at you're table. It's important to keep the memory alive of "those who fought for our freedom". In Holland we do that every 4&5 May.
And also our youth has a important part in it. So "they"never will be forgotten. Wishing you a beautiful day with heart&soul from Sil.

Anonymous said...

Amazing table decoration, I lake it!
Wish you a pleasant start of the week:)

Lynn said...

A beautiful post BJ, such a special prayer! Love that first pic and your table is gorgeous with all that red, white and blue! Happy Memorial Day:@)

Anonymous said...

Happy Memorial Day to you, sweet BJ! You have all the goodies laid out to make it a most special day...SO country lovely!!! I found a cute sign in blogland to put under our flags....keep calm and wave on....timely and true, don't you think?! Have a blessed day today!

Stacey said...

You can repost this every year BJ. I love it!

Madeline's Album said...

Great tribute to our service men and women. God bless them all. Hope you have a blessed day and a safe and happy memorial day. Madeline

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Be safe.

Never forget.

Marie said...

Beautiful and sweet post BJ as always. Happy Memorial Monday to you and I hope you can join my giveaway.
-Marie

jeanne said...

Hi bj, I am writing to you this lovely Memorial Day in Bar Harbor Maine. We hauled our fifth wheel up here for the month of June. I might not get this to post because the connection is pretty bad. If not, I will email this comment to you. Oddly, the email is pretty good.

You know I love this poem or prayer so much. You could post it many time my friend.

Thank you for the sweet shoutout for the tablecloth. I am so glad you liked it. I love your polkadot dishes too and I love red as well. Especially with a touch of yellow.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day my dear sister friend.
I love you bunches,
Jeanne

PS, my children are all so far away. We will be celebrating this day in Acadia Nat'l Park. with an outdoor picnic.

jeanne said...

Hi bj, I am writing to you this lovely Memorial Day in Bar Harbor Maine. We hauled our fifth wheel up here for the month of June. I might not get this to post because the connection is pretty bad. If not, I will email this comment to you. Oddly, the email is pretty good.

You know I love this poem or prayer so much. You could post it many times my friend.

Thank you for the sweet shoutout for the tablecloth. I am so glad you liked it. I love your polkadot dishes too and I love red as well. Especially with a touch of yellow.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day my dear sister friend.
I love you bunches,
Jeanne

PS, my children are all so far away. We will be celebrating this day in Acadia Nat'l Park, Maine. with an outdoor picnic.

Rettabug said...

Hi BJ!

I'm so glad you've reposted this Memorial Day because I missed seeing it last year. How wonderfully patriotic & colorful, esp. that blue basket.

Your meal looks Totally Awesome!

Have a GREATful Memorial Day!
fondly,
Rett

BTW, my Dollar Tree has TONS of the polka-dot placemats I used for Caroline's birthday last year in hot pink, lime green. Check yours or let me know if you want me to pick up some for you.

SmilingSally said...

Love that beautiful American blue. I remember.

Happy Blue Monday, BJ.

LV said...

If you are getting wind there like we are, you will picnic inside. One thing is for sure, it will be thoroughly enjoyed having all that tasty food and served so nicely. You never fail to entertain us royally on each post. Take care.

Barbara F. said...

I love your indoor picnic, BJ. I wouldn't mind not being outdoors with a spread like that. xo,

NanaDiana said...

Bj- What a beautiful message and wonderful "picnic" you have put out. It is nice to see some re-posts because some of us haven't been around all that long- so they are brand new to us!

Thank you for the joy you always share here- Hugs & Blessings- Diana

Susan Freeman said...

What a beautiful post! Have a very Happy Memorial Day!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Donnie said...

Make mine steak too with lots of onions please and may I have some of that Blackberry wine also...lol....Lovely post today and such a lovely honor for our military.

The French Hutch said...

YUMMY bj, great memu, and great post for Memorial Day. Love all the red, white and blue.

LOL
Emily
The French Hutch

Rita said...

You are suchb a good person. Your post today really stopped me in my tracks. Sending good vibes your way.
Rita

Sarah said...

BJ, I could enjoy sitting at this table every Memorial Day! Beautiful tribute, my friend. ~ Sarah

Kathleen said...

I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day! God bless all those who served and are serving now to keep us safe!

On Crooked Creek said...

BJ,
Making my rounds now that BLOGGER is back up and going! Thank you for this lovely Memorial Day post! I adore those polka dot bowls!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Thanks for posting the prayer for our service men and women. If you have time, please, read my blog salute to our Marine!

Love Of Quilts said...

Happy Memorial Day! Lets hope that all those young men are with God today. Trish

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tribute, BJ. The picnic sure looks inviting. Hope you had a spectacular weekend!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

thoughtful words.
the images are graceful.

blessings.
Happy Memorial Day.

Carole Burant said...

Happy Memorial Day to you and yours, dear BJ! How I would love to go on a picnic with you, you certainly do it in style:-) Your picnic basket, dishes, food, etc...everything so perfect!! xoxo

Michle said...

BJ please share where you got your polka dishes. I just love them.

Marlis said...

BJ, a truly lovely post. Love those polka dot plates!!! Your tribute was wonderful. Your lovely accessories certainly help tell your story.. Be blessed.

clavs said...

I love the polka dots plates! mine is here: http://clavsupclose.blogspot.com/2011/05/mymbm-rt.html
clavs

Cafe au lait said...

Beautiful shots.

I played too. Mine are here and here.

Donna said...

What cute redness. I'm loving everything on that table.
D