FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

OH....The Whitness of it All....

 First off, I have to exercise my 
GRANDMOTHER RIGHTS
and brag on DEEDS..
STUDENT OF THE MONTH OF JANUARY.
:))))
Way to go, sweetheart girl.! 

I sure was glad that I brought my flag
inside last night...
'cause... 
 ...our first REAL snow of the season..
pretty pitiful, hu....
and EVERYthing is supposed to be BIG in Texas. 
*
oh, and looking at my patio table reminds me that
I wanted to be sure and tell those of you that might remember the
young, drunk man that tore up our back yard..
and broke our kitchen window...
He took care of every single thing and in a very timely manner
and I was VERY proud of him.
Yes, he was in the wrong,
and, yes, he destroyed someone elses property...
but we have to remember that NONE of us are perfect and
KINDNESS and UNDERSTANDING
goes a long, long way in developing responsibility.
OK...let me climb down off my 
'SOAP BOX now...:)
I wouldn't wanna sit on it...
  ...looks like it will be awhile before we
even THINK about planting.....
..but, thanks to 2 big SOUTHERN windows...
 ...I DO have blooms....
 ...and my PINK geranium is just about to 
BLOOM  FORTH, too...
melting before my eyes...
 ...so we just put the coffee on...
Dunkin Donuts coffee....OF COURSE.!
...altho I would have LIKED to add that COFFEE LIQUEUR
to MY coffee...(hey...it was 5:00 SOMEwhere)

I decided it might be better to add
THIS !
This is so good in coffee that if I were choosing my 
LAST MEAL,
this would be what I wanted in my last cup of coffee...
coffee/chocolate/mint
and just the word truffle
makes me go weak in the knees and yell UNCLE....!!
...even just a hint of snow makes me pull out every
warm throw I have....
 BREAKFAST....
one of the most delicious words in the English language..
ANY language, for that matter...
especially around 10...
on a snowy morning...
 Some of you might remember that back in the summer
when STRAWBERRIES were so juicy and sweet ,
I made my very first jars of
FREEZER JAM.
Well,
may I just say...
Oh Honey !
 I am not an EGG person...
I seldom...VERY seldom get hungry for one.
But the ones I made this morning were so good...
I ate TWO.
Two cheesy scrambled eggs!
I learned from THE PIONEER WOMAN that when you
want to use grated cheese to grate your own.
The grated cheese we buy in the market has been coated
with a 'plastic-like' substance and it takes away
the fresh, delicious taste of the real CHEESE.
Now, I didn't know this...
See...you CAN teach an old dog new tricks...
but, I digress...
sooo,
I added FRESH grated Monterrey Jack and Cheddar,
just salt and pepper...
and.......
I ATE TWO !
 When I was a little girl...a long, looooong time ago,
I remember my mother making SOMEthing 
with her orange rinds that she cut in long strips.
Something sweet...sugary...really good.
Wonder what that was ??
Hope ya'll are dry and warm, wherever you might be.
♥♥♥
I am linking with
OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY
WHITE WEDNESDAY
REDNESDAY WEDNESDAY
...thanks to the hosts and
thanks to you for stopping by.
♥♥♥
bj

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute girl and beautiful pictures!
Kisses and greetings.

On Crooked Creek said...

BJ,
You are dutifully entiltled to bragging rights on your Granddaughter. . .believe me. . .I heard you way up here on the prairie!Way to go!
SNOW in Texas? ? ?Now, I've heard of everything! Loved your post today. Bunnies are my favorite and you shot two. Photo shot that is!
Enjoy those strawberries. We had fresh ones in the marketplace for $4.88 a pint. NO! They didn't come home with me!
Fondly,
Pat

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm SOOO glad you got to have some snow in Texas!!! We sure are enjoying it here in Wisconsin!

The Charm of Home said...

Congratulations on your granddaughter's recognition. Wonderful follow up that the young man fixed everything in your backyard. Your breakfast looks heavenly. I just love it when you say Oh honey.. I can just hear you saying it. I didn't know that about grated cheese, because of price I have always grated my own. Fun to visit you always BJ.
Sherry

xinex said...

Congrats on your granddaughter for being student of the month. Way to go, Deidra! I told ya, I always get hungry whenever I visit your blog. We have not had any snow here yet....Christine

Sue said...

My mom always made candied orange peel. It was one of her favorites. I don't have her recipe, but my dad might. It really is just sugar, water and orange peel I think.

How is it that you even make toast look so yummy?

I am so glad that young man did the right thing. You had a good feeling about him, didn't you?

Susan said...

I think there has been snow in every area of the country this year. Including Myrtle Beach were I live.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

My grandmother put long lemon strips in her fig preserves and it was divine! I can still imagine how good it was! I think marmalade uses the lemon strips, too! You strawberry jam looks yummy! I love breakfast! It's my favorite meal of the day! ♥

Judi said...

Hi BJ
You got some snow....I didn't know you would get snow over your way. Well....I sent you some! *s*... We do have snow and its quite cold but then we are supposed to have it this time of year

Your blooms are lovely and you have such a sunny window...that is sooo nice.

Your brekky looks delicious too. I could have some of our freezer strawberry jam. Your toast looks yummy too..mmmm.....

I hope you have had a good 2011 so far...all best..
*hugs*
Judi

Phyllis said...

Breakfast is my favorite meal and I love eggs - 'specially with cheese and other good stuff in 'em. My hens lay more than I can use so give my friends quite a few.

Of course, strawberry jam on buttery toast is the perfect dessert!

Phyllis said...

Oh I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS to the student of the month!!!

Blondie's Journal said...

Congratulations on your snow...it must be a good feeling as long as you don't get TOO much! It is always the perfect time for comfort food and some warm blankets. Your breakfast looks delicious as always. Don't you just love those flavored creamers? I must have about 6 containers in my fridge. They really take coffee to a new level!

Hurray for Deeds! She is a darling girl!

XO,
Jane

Julie Harward said...

Your snow is about how much we got in November and we haven't had any since! Sweet grand daughter to be proud of, lovely blooms and freezer jam..my favorite too! What a nice thing you did with that young man too, love replacing fear is always the right way! :D

Jessa said...

Congrats on your granddaughter!! What a cute grandma you are :). Seeing your coffee liqueur reminded me that today is national irish coffee day, you look all set for it.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Oh your breakfast looks so so good!! Stay warm and cozy!
hugs,
Debra

Tracy said...

Oh BJ, congrats to your granddaughter...great accomplishments and golly, so nice to hear your words of forgiveness for someone else making a mistake. Often we can become so judgemental and gosh, it was nice to see and hear the compassion!

Shirley said...

Visiting your blog for the first time Your photos, especially of food are wonderful. I'd love that breakfast about now! We have a tone of snow all winter up here in NE Ohio. The trick to stand it is long underware from October to May!!!!

Sheree said...

sGo Deeds!!! You must have gotten that from your Grandma :))
BJ I ran and bought some white choc. raspberry creamer when you show us that w/coffee---now I am off to get me some of this mint you have.
You need a commission check!!!!

Kathleen Grace said...

Congratulations to sweet Deeds on being student of the month! I am so glad that young man did the right thing. Enjoy the snow, I know you don't get much, so it's a little more special to you I'm sure. I'm just thrilled that January is nearly over and brings me that much closer to spring:>)

craftyles said...

Great pictures and wonderful thoughts to go with them. Congrats to your grand daughter. I remember my Dad making chocolate dipped orange peels and they were so good!

Light and Voices said...

Snow in Texas .... I almost can't believe it but I saw picturs on your blog so I do. Enjoyed your blog so much this week.
Joyce M

Rettabug said...

Kudos to Deeds...she takes after her smart grandmother, for sure!

Forgive me for laughing at your snowfall. I remember the excitement of the first one but after several months & inches of it here, I've had my fill. Yuck! Seeing nothing but white for months on end is getting to me. Cabin fever has set in, for sure.

Your foods always look so tempting, BJ. You have such interesting variety all the time, too. You inspire me!

Rettabug said...

forgot to say my sisters would not allow me to take their pictures. They insisted they were too fat. I know exactly how they feel!!!!!!!!!

Lynn said...

Congrats to Deeds! Enjoy your snow and that great looking strawberry jam:@)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Congrats to Deeds!

Look at your snow, so pretty. It is raining here right now, but is suppose to turn to snow this afternoon.
Hugs,
Penny
p.s. I love your breakfast posts...

LV said...

Another nice showing of a lot of your neat things. Anything grandchildren do takes first prize for me. Glad the snow missed us. Have a cup of HOT coffee for me and stay warm.

Beverly said...

It is cold, dreary and very rainy here. But, I feel sure toast and coffee with you would make me all better.

Congratulations to Deeds!

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Now I must say that I am starving, ha! Your breakfast looks so good! Congrats to your granddaughter and of course you must brag!

Hugs,
Jacalyn

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

CONGRATULATIONS to Deeds!!!

Wheeeeeeeee, you got some snow!!!

Since you like winter, you must be happy with it. Otherwise, I'd not say Wheeeee.

Like, no one better say Wheeeeeee to me, about more snow. -gigggles-

Hugs and ♥'s...
'Cause Valentine Day is coming!

Rita said...

Congratulations to you very lovely grand daughter! Mine is 20 today; hard to believe; no wonder I'm getting old.

Kathleen said...

Congrats to Deeds. Gson #1 had that honor this month too. So cute!

It is snowing as I type, we are getting creamed again! Good thing your dd was here last week and not this!

I do like eggs, and toast and some of your jam would be fine!

Agree on the cheese, never bought that stuff in the container like my mom did! But that was what they had then!
Same with nutmeg, got to grind it fresh!
Have a good day, BJ. I am thinking I will bake. Can't get out!

Linda said...

Congrats to your grand daughter! It looks mighty cold there in texas!! Brrr!!

Donnie said...

That's wonderful for Deeds. Loved all your wonderful photos and words today. Have a great one.

Tanya said...

New visitor - you had me at the line about the earrings! Congrats to your dear granddaughter - and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm on the rest of the post! Great pictures - now I'm hungry and must hit the kitchen - thanks, and Happy White Wednesday (love the Pioneer Woman, too). Tanya

★Carol★ said...

I think pretty much every one of your REDnesday posts manage to make me hungry! Congrats to the Student of the Month!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol