FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

THANKSGIVING PAST

As some of you know, we have SUCH a blessing in the way of a very large family...

So, I always have 3 tables set for all these precious folks....
NONE of my tables are elegant nor all that "correct"...
but the minute my beautiful family is sitting around them,
EVERYTHING glows...
TABLE NO. 1

This table for 4 is set in the library part of my living room...

The table will be moved more to the center of this end of the room so that a 4th chair can be added...
As some of you know, I never buy anything NEW for my tablescapes...just shopping the cottage for things that make my tables look nice for my loved ones....
**
Don't be surprised, at Christmas time, when you see my REDS over and over and over again...:O)
The great thing about RED...it is good for EVERY SINGLE OCCASION...!
I love that!!
***
Aren't the RED autumn oak leaves just beautiful....
these came off a tree in our side yard...OR...is that tree the neighbor's ?
We SHARE it...especially when it comes to raking the leaves...
************************

TABLE NO. 2
This little table, set for 4, is in my breakfast room...
I chose to do black and white in this cozy spot with just the touch of color brought in with the miniature pumpkin and those pretty autumn leaves....
This is a tiny bistro type table and not room for much other than the place setting....
***
***
I don't see how ANYONE can live on this planet and not own a set of WHITE DISHES...
O, how versatile these babies are !!
You can pick up plain white dishes from PIER 1 and they are so inexpensive...(like mine)
also
BIG LOTS have the WHITE GOLLUM DISHES that are just fabulous and very inexpensive !!
**
Isn't it awesome how these little TARGET birds get around....!!
***********************************

TABLE NO. 3
In our dining room.....

This is a setting for 8.

HOWEVER, if more people show up (we have several friends that sometimes decide to stop by)
this amazing table will seat 10 comfortably (I have 3 benches that holds 3 grownups)
and 12, in a pinch....
WONDERFUL TABLE....I LOVE IT !
**

This large platter is going to look soooo great with that handsome, roasted to a golden brown, turkey !!
O how I love THANKSGIVING....
Having my family with me...where I can touch each one of them...see their smiles...hear their laughter...see the love in their eyes for their family...
My heart gets so swollen, I swear it's going to pop right out of my body.

I KNOW THAT ALL OF YOU feel the exact same way....aren't we blessed !!

Sometimes, I have to ask my heavenly FATHER why he chose ME to have these wonderful people for my family....and I KNOW I never give HIM back as much as HE gives to me, every single day of my life.
I feel so unworthy....I believe this to be a normal, earthly feeling....
but....I AM SO THANKFUL...


I hope and pray YOUR Thanksgiving is the most wonderful one you've ever had...
just FILLED to the brim with wonder and love....
**
I love all of you and...
30 DAYS OF THANKSGIVING
means I am so thankful to have YOU for my friend.
**
"GOD IS GREAT....GOD IS GOOD....LET US THANK HIM FOR THIS FOOD."
***
Back to the present time...:)
Linking with:
TABLESCAPE THURSDAY
GIVING THANKS PARTY FRIDAY


Many blessings to all....
bj

33 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Bj, I love each table and it doesn't matter how they look or how fancy they are as long as you are surrounded by your wonderful family and friends. I love that you can use stuff you already have and they look wonderful.

Karie said...

How lovely. . but the best part is having your family surrounding you with love and laughter. You said it so well. Happy Thanksgiving to you. Karie

Vintagesouthernlife said...

I love your tables. I know your family looks forward to sharing Thanksgiving with you... your beautiful tables, wonderful food and sweet spirit that shows even in your posts. Happy Thanksgiving, Annette

Linda @ A La Carte said...

All your tables are wonderful. I love the white dishes and then the touches of color with the pumpkins and decorations. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi BJ...

Ohhh Girlfriend, I could just feel the love that you have for all of your sweet family...just looking at all of your fabulous tables and how special you made each one!!! I just know that you are going to have a very blessed family Thanksgiving, dear friend!!! Thank you so much for sharing all three of your lovely tables with us! Ohhh my...I do well to just get one table decorated! Hehe! I loved the red and white table...of course, you know how I love my red! But then, I just adore the pretty black & white checks...it really does exude the charm of a little bistro!!! Ohhh my...and the table that you did in the dining room...absolutely gorgeous!!! Soo very elegant! I love that set of creamy white, embossed dishes! What pattern is that, BJ? Love, love, LOVE that beautiful autumn gold tablecloth!!! Ohhhh!!!

Well dear friend, in case I don't get back by before Thanksgiving...many heartfelt blessings to you and your dear family for a wonderful and memoriable Thanksgiving!!!

Love ya,
Chari @Happy To Design

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Hi BJ! Great to have you visit over at my place. I appreciate your comment! Your place looks perfect for Thanksgiving. I really like the big tablecloth on your dining room table. Very cheery. Hope you all have a wonderful time! Jacqueline

Julie Harward said...

bj, this post is so special...how right you are, it's not the dishes, it's the faces glowing with love around the table! You don't need expensive dishes and center pieces...it's the love. I just love you and I so appreciate your sweet, humble gratitude. ;D

Anonymous said...

Beautiful table and decoration!

Big hugs and kisses.

Shel said...

Beautiful tables in a beautiful home. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours from South Africa.
Shel

Lynn said...

Beautiful settings BJ! This is a very nice post, I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving too:@)

On Crooked Creek said...

BJ,
Can't you feel the love. . .I sure could! Blessings for your Thanksgiving Day with family and friends! Your dining room table looks so inviting, warm and accomodating! Enjoy!
Fondly,
Pat

Anonymous said...

Perfect post. Just perfect. Perfect tables. Just perfect.

I can feel the love put into each and every detail as you prepare for your family. Yes, BJ, you are blessed, very blessed.

JEANNE said...

Good morning my dear sister friend, Your table settings are all gorgeous. You are awesome at tablesettings bj. You are right, we are blessed to have family who love us and I always say, "What goes around comes around." Your love is the center of all your blessings my dear friend. I mean it!

Wishing you many festive days ahead.
Love, Jeanne

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

BJ,
All of your tables are so you, loving and warm. I hope you have the best Thanksgiving with your loved ones!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Every one of your tables are just stunning. Each one is so pretty and cheerful. What a blessing to have your family with you. Yes, the Lord is good. Hope your Thanksgiving is Blessed. Hugs, Marty

Ruth said...

how beautiful... i love all these settings BJ!!

Blessings,
Ruth

Anonymous said...

Hi BJ, First of all, I have to say I love the little birds! We will have a huge group for Thanksgiving day but I don't even begin to try and set tables for it like your gorgeous ones and I love the simple fall leaves on the table. I will put everything on the groaning board and let 'em sit where they may. :) Thankfully it's going to be a pretty warm and nice day so people can use the screened porch and deck where there's lots of seating. I am working on my tablescape today for the groaning board. I am using the base of an old lamp I found at Goodwill. Hope it turns out as pretty as I think it will. There is no way I could forget you sweet lady on my list. You are there and have been all along.....under BJ. Hugs and Kisses, Lynn

Rita said...

What lovely settings; I have that large platter and it does look nice with turkey to adorn it. You are inspiring me to make nice table arrangement; I used to and I kind of forgot about it.

Lisa Sall - Sall's Country Life said...

BJ, Your tables are all just beautiful...All set for fun, family, laughter and loving!! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, just as wonderful as your decorating!!
Lisa

Barbara said...

Oh, I just love your tables! They all look so full of love. Someone who sits at one of these places will know how much you treasure their presence. I am especially partial to the black and white one. I want a tablecloth like that. Your words are exactly how I feel about Thanksgiving. It just is such a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

BJ,
I love each and every table! All 3 of them look terrific.
It's wonderful be able to 'shop your cottage' for accessories.
The pleasure of celebrating blessing and family is wonderful!

Carole Burant said...

Add another chair, I'm comin'!!!! Oh how I wish:-) Your tables all look wonderful and so inviting. I can imagine all the delicious food that will be on those plates Thanksgiving Day:-) I really do need to cross the border so that I can celebrate Thanksgiving again! lol xoxo

Decor To Adore said...

What an absolutely perfect table setting you have created just in time for the holidays. I just love all of the different textures. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Sarah said...

I agree, BJ. Everyone needs a set of white dishes. Each of your tables are very inviting, but you know me ~ I'll sit at the black and white themed table. ;-)
Happy Thanksgiving with your family and friends.

Marigene said...

All three tables are beautiful, but my favorite is the black and white...you do that so well, BJ!
Happy Thanksgiving.

Eileen @ Cottage Beach House said...

I love all your tables. the dining room is my favorite. Wow you must have a great Thanksgiving!

we three dogs and me said...

Thank you for stopping by and letting me know about the follower button. I love all of your tables. Boy that was a lot of tables to do.I am not fancy as I am on ss. Get most of my dishes at thrift stores. I too love blogging gives me a reason to buy cute stuff. Happy Thanksgiving.

Alycia Nichols said...

You're right...family gathered around the table always makes it more beautiful! The branches from the tree are gorgeous! They look picture perfect! You mentioned benches to seat people...that is such a great idea. I have a dining table that will only seat six with chairs, but I'll bet would seat 8 if I used benches on the sides and chairs on the ends. Thanks for the inspiration! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

Kathleen said...

All three are just lovely! I would be honored to sit at any of them. Love the black and white, it just pops!

The Muse said...

Dear BJ
yes we are...we truly are blessed.
heaven has embraced us and kept us wrapped in abundant love.

i adore what you wrote about the presence of family would make the home "glow"....
this is true here at the painted nest...

it is a warm glow that radiates from the heart :)

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Your table is wonderful! Oh so much to be thankful for, especially our family!

Hugs,
Jacalyn

Unknown said...

I was thinking of your post heading "Thanksgiving Past" and it made me also think of "Christmas Past" and my thoughts began to wonder if the "Past" will always be as warm and inviting as it is today? Your past Thanksgiving is truly beautiful. Enjoy your holiday as it wil soon be another part of the "past"...

Entertaining Women said...

Each of your tables is special in its own way. I agree that the most important element at any tablescape is the precious people who sit to share food, fun, and priceless fellowship. Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for sharing your lovely designs. Cherry Kay