FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Saturday, March 13, 2010

THE BEST SHOPPING DAY...EVER !

I would like to introduce a NEW-TO-ME blog,
A cute blog with a lot of family included.
Stop by and say hello to NANCY ....
and would you tell her bj said HI....
************************************************************************
Due to a lot of fluffing, tweeking, pondering, painting AND THE LIKES....
I will be doing several re-posts from the past this week....
This is one of them.....
**
PINKNESS OUT THE KAZOO....
PINK SATURDAY WITH BEVERLY

THREE granddaughters, a SATURDAY afternoon and a ......
MALL !!!


EVERYONE knows that when you are planning a HUGE shopping day, you MUST start the day with plenty of good FUEL for the trip.....

We decided CHEESY SCRAMBLED EGGS would fit the bill and get us on our way !

Just for the health kick needed, we added some LIGHT & FIT yogurt.... (actually, they would have preferred a cinnamon roll, I'm pretty sure!)

The very first things found were REALLY brightly colored shirts, shorts, skirts...and a little cloth doll with bright PINK hair.....

The shirts were so cute....but DEEDS decided this doll with the PINK hair is still the cutest ! "OK, little one....I get the message !!


You know how SHOPPING brings on THIRST...
We had quite a few of these on this shopping day ....
Then we found a store that had the CUTEST sunglasses....
After trying on EVERY pair in the shop (OF COURSE !)...
.....we chose the ones we wanted and headed for a bench to gather strength for another round.....

And, just around a corner, there sit a man making the NEATEST things out of balloons ....
This little brown "thing" was supposed to be a horse and it WAS cute....
but in this picture, I am afraid it looks more like what the horse might have LEFT BEHIND !!!


.....and a beautiful SNOW WHITE DOVE......
A long-tailed, little MONKEY...
**
The best part of THESE purchases was that all of the money went to fund a Mission Trip to .....wherever needed........to help put back together lives of little people much less fortunate than OUR children.
*
I LOVE this kind of spending ! And I give Glory to God for having these kind people spend their time and caring enough to be doing these things for others.
Coming across this colorful sign in the candy store reminded us we needed.....
L.U.N.C.H.......
before having our "SUNSHINE" of the day.
*
"Their futures so bright, they had to wear shades !"
The CHEESE BURGERS here were fabulous...and so were the CHICKEN STRIPS.
BY THIS TIME....I am seeing SPOTS before my eyes....

NOOO....wait a minute....
these are the cutest new flip flops the girls located in a precious store geared JUST FOR KIDS......
(I even tried to SQUEEZE my foot into one of these cute things but..... *sigh
*

THIS is the way my bed looked when we left for the great shopping day....
all 3 girls AND myself slept here....well, 3 girls slept and a Memaw tossed a lot....:)
*
And, nobody has time to spare when they are planning an all-day outing so making a bed was the LAST thing on our minds....
*
By the time we got home....I was totally glad to see this unmade bed....
*
It just meant I didn't have to waste time pulling back my covers before I fell into it !!!
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

WHAT A DAY....WHAT A BLESSING....WHAT A MEMORY !

39 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Pinks Day, bj! I so adore this post! LOL @ what the horse left behind! They are all so precious! Looks like a very fun and very exhausting day! But you know it's a memory they will cherish for ages!

Thanks for the visit and the sweet comment!

hugs,
Tina

Gucci Mama said...

What an awesome day! Such cute girls!

Julie Harward said...

How fun! I love days spent with this age of grand daughters, they are so much fun and they love it when Gram gets crazy/silly! Can I ask...how long did it take you to get used to calling them "flip flops" instead of "thongs" that we grew up with?! (they are cute ones for sure) :D

Jennifer@Pieces of Me said...

You are by far the sweetest Gran In the world! I really did miss out!

Be Blessed!
Jenna!

Susie Jefferson said...

What I say is to train them well, you need them young... and these young ladies are definitely going to win in the shopping stakes. This is a survival skill! And the chocolate - yes! We have to keep our energy levels up. This week, mine was caffeine.

Happy Pink Saturday!

Kimberly said...

Super cute! Too much fun for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Hi BJ,
Those precious memories are right up there with holiday memories, with me anyway. All my grands are teenagers now, so not only can I not keep up with them, I can't afford it. LOL Now, they take their Nana shopping. :)

Love Ya,
Chris

Charlotte said...

Wow, you wore me out and I love to shop! Glad your granddaughters aren't ashamed to go shopping with you. Your header made me gain 5 lbs! I was too late for posting but am participating anyway. see ya next Saturday. Oh another thing,that water noise makes me have to go!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

So pretty are the little girls!!
Debbie

Theresa said...

Sounds like my kind of fun day too! Oh to wear flip-flops again... soon, real soon:)

Enjoy your weekend dear BJ!

Natasha in Oz said...

I love it when people re-visit their previous posts because it gives me an opportunity to catch up! What a great day you all had-I love the picture of the feet. I bet you needed comfortable shoes for your big shopping day!

Best wishes for a wonderful weekend,
Natasha.

Kathleen Grace said...

What a darling memory BJ! I so look forward to having Grands some day to do these things with! Look how little Deeds is in these photos:>)

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

BJ,
Sorry, lots of typos in my fist post, but what a great day for you and your girls. Darling flip flop picture. What a nice memory for you! Thanks for sharing!
Best,
Robin

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That sounds like a precious day...how fun!

Nancy said...

Ha! What a surprise to see my picture on your blog - at the top of this post!
Thanks!!!!

And again, you have another darling post. Those granddaughters are indeed darling.

Thanks again!

Maggie said...

It looks like so much fun- and they are so sweet! Lucky you!

Happy PS!

In Shoes We Trust,
Maggie Mae
"Do these shoes Match this purse?"

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What fun you had, BJ! Thank you for sharing a sweet memory with your grandchildren with us. Happy Pink Saturday.

Blessings,
Sandi

The Muse said...

What fun times...
I love my grand-babes...
Don't you feel young with them?
They are so lovely...just like you!

Today is our son's wedding!!!
I am going to cry I just know it!
Popped in to say hello and hope your weekend is grand!

Marigene said...

Looks like a fun day with 3 cuties; I know just how tiring it can be trying to keep up with all that energy!

Sue McPeak said...

What a fun day for All of You! Pink PolkaDot FlipFlops...can't beat those are the fun times and memories that last and last for All. Fun post!

Rita said...

What adorable girls you are blessed with. Loved your posts with all those cute photos. Were you maybe a wee bit tired at the end of the day? I know I would be, but we have to enjoy when we have the chance; it all goes by so fast.
Happy weekend.
Rita

Unknown said...

BJ ~You had the BEST of the BEST days ever ... love the wee ones, dotted tootsies, chic sunglasses et al.

Adorable write, loved each picture.

Moments of to treasure forever, close to your heart.

Happy St. Patrick's Day
Have a lovely weekend.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh BJ Sweetie...
I adore this post. Just you and the girls. What a wonderful time you had. I love their new tops and that doll was just precious. I am sure it went home with you all.

Loved the sunglasses and those thongs were just the element of surprise. I adored them. I wear 5 and 5 1/2 shoes, I wonder if they have some that would fit me. I loved the 2 colored slippers. Just precious.

You are such a sweet Gram, and those girls sure do adore you. What a day you have had. I can see why you left the bed unmade, you had to fall back in when you got home from exhaustion. It is tough keeping up with kids today.

Have a beautiful Saturday sweetie. Please know that you are so loved. Country hugs and much love, Sherry

Maria Berg said...

My girls woukld love to that shopping tour.

(I do have a Translator gadgets on the right hand side of my blog)

/MB
http://alltkangronska.blogspot.com/

Cottage Rose said...

OH BJ what a wonderful post,,, how cute are the girls,,, boy they look like they are having a blast shopping with Grandma..... and so many pretty Pinks..... Happy Pink Saturday

Pink Hugs;
Alaura

arkie said...

What a fun day you must have had with those lovely granddaughters! Those cupcakes are so pretty!

jeanne said...

Hi bj, I love this repost and I don't remember it. I would have remembered that you make your grands cheesy eggs. I have always made my grands cheesy eggs. Smiling. they love them and so do I.

Your day with your darling grands is a special memory. Thank you for sharing it again. Love those sun glasses and shoes.

Hugs, Jeanne
PS, my grands wear me out too but it is the best kind of tired.

Maria@ChicaBellaCrafts said...

that was a fabulous shopping story. I enjoyed reading every word of it. Happy Pink Saturday!

Julie said...

OH BJ, What a cute post...Looks like you all had way to much fun
xoxo
Julie

sherri@lavenderfields said...

Looks like a fun day! I love the flip flops and glasses makes me wish for summer! Hope you are enjoying the weekend and Happy Pink Saturday!! Sherri: )

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! HPS!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

The memories are almost the sweetest part, I think. :-)

Gentle Spring hugs...

Kathleen said...

Looks like it was a fun day!

Rettabug said...

I'm so glad you're doing repeat posts because I wasn't blogging last year so they're all new to me. :D

Your granddaughters are just the cutest little creatures! Aren't they fun? I adore spending time with mine. Blessings indeed!

Hugs,
Rett

Anonymous said...

Great post, BJ :) I want one of those bright peace sign t-shirts the girls are holding up! Those flip-flops are really cute, too. I'd wear 'em. Sounds like you had the perfect day together. Happy PS~

Denise said...

Sounds exactly like my favorite kind of day!

XXDenise

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Sounds like a fun day - Happy late Pink Saturday!

Beverly said...

You just have to love those pretty little sweeties of yours.

Happy Pink Saturday, BJ.