FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

THE THREE TABLESCAPES AT THANKSGIVING

THIS POST IS COMING TO YOU....PRE-RECORDED...
AT THIS VERY MOMENT, I AM PROBABLY EITHER STILL COOKING OR ELSE I AM STUFFING MYSELF WITH THANKSGIVING FARE...
**
THE HAPPIEST OF THANKSGIVINGS TO YOU !!
**
My Goodness...here it is....
THANKSGIVING of 2009
**
Where did this year go so quickly ??
**
As most of you know, we have a very large family...
So, I always have 3 tables set for all these precious folks....
**
TABLE NO. 1

This table for 4 is set in the library part of my living room...
The table will be moved more to the center of this end so that a 4th chair can be added, if needed...
**
As some of you know, I never buy anything NEW for my tablescapes...just shopping the cottage for things that make my tables look nice for my loved ones....
**
Don't be surprised, at Christmas time, when you see my REDS over and over and over again...:O)
The great thing about RED...it is good for EVERY SINGLE OCCASION...!
I love that!!
***
Aren't the RED autumn oak leaves just beautiful....
these came off a tree in our side yard...OR...is that tree the neighbor's ?
We SHARE it...especially when it comes to raking the leaves...
************************
TABLE NO. 2
This little table, set for 4, is in my breakfast room...
I chose to do black and white in this cozy spot with just the touch of color brought in with the miniature pumpkin and those pretty autumn leaves....
***
***
I don't see how ANYONE can live on this planet and not own a set of WHITE DISHES...
O, how versatile these babies are !!
You can pick up plain white dishes from PIER 1 and they are so inexpensive...(like mine)
also
BIG LOTS have the WHITE GOLLUM DISHES that are just fabulous and very inexpensive !!
**
Isn't it awesome how these little TARGET birds get around....!!
***********************************
TABLE NO. 3
In our dining room.....
This is a setting for 8.
HOWEVER, if more people show up (we have several friends that sometimes decide to stop by)
this amazing table will seat 10 comfortably (I have 3 benches that holds 3 grownups)
and 12, in a pinch....
WONDERFUL TABLE....I LOVE IT !
**
**

This large platter is going to look soooo great with that handsome, roasted to a golden brown, turkey !!
***

O how I love THANKSGIVING....
Having my family with me...where I can touch each one of them...see their smiles...hear their laughter...see the love in their eyes for their family...
My heart gets so swollen, I swear it's going to pop right out of my body.
I KNOW THAT ALL OF YOU feel the exact same way....aren't we blessed !!
**
Sometimes, I have to ask my heavenly FATHER why he chose ME to have these wonderful people for my family....and I KNOW I never give HIM back as much as HE gives to me, every single day of my life.
I feel so unworthy....I believe this to be a normal, earthly feeling....
but....I AM SO THANKFUL...
***

I hope and pray YOUR Thanksgiving is the most wonderful one you've ever had...
just FILLED with wonder and love....
**
I love all of you and...
30 DAYS OF THANKSGIVING
means I am so thankful to have YOU for my friend.
**

"GOD IS GREAT....GOD IS GOOD....LET US THANK HIM FOR THIS FOOD."

Linking with SUSAN for TABLESCAPE THURSDY


36 comments:

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Great table settings! I hope your turkey turns out well and you have a wonderful time with your family.

jeanne said...

Dear BJ, please forgive me for not visiting theses past few days. My life has been crazy.

Your tables are all just gorgeous for a wonderful family Thanksgiving dinner. Each table says welcome to my Thanksgiving dinner. The leaves are beautiful. all your decorations are lovely.

We are in Jacksonville right now and it is the first time my daughter and family have seen Cheri. They are in love. She is the best little puppy.

Wishing you and your beautiful family a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Love, Jeanne

Theresa said...

OH ME, Your tables are just too beautiful! You really have knack for this. Have a blessed Thanksgiving and enjoy your sweet family!

Unknown said...

BJ,
Your tablescapes are just all amazing. You have quite a touch when it comes to decorating your home. Wishing you and your lovely family a wonderful Thanksgiving! Amy

Tara said...

BJ

What a gorgeous, warm table you have for your family! You are a special lady--and even went to Twilight? You are so cool! No wonder all your kids love ya!

Anonymous said...

Your tablescapes are just beautiful. I wish I could arrange my pictures like you do also. I am like you about the movies. I would go see anything if they invited me. I read all the Harry Potters, some twice, because my grandson was into them. I liked them all and the movies too.
Blessings to you and your family.
QMM

Amy said...

I never thought people actually had tables like that, I just thought they looked great in magazines. Your house is seriously out of a magazine. It is beautiful. Wow!

Glimpse of My World said...

Happy THANKSGIVING!! I sure do like those stinkin cute coca cola hospitality glasses on table #1! Thinking of you - have a great day!!

Helen said...

Dear BJ,

It's the night before Thanksgiving and all through my house, not a creature is with me .. not even a mouse (I hope!) I have prepared more than several dishes today so I am not so frantic tomorrow .... garlic roasted potatoes with garlic and sun dried tomatoes cooking in the oven right now fill my home with an amazing aroma.

I wish you the happiest of Thanksgivings ... I am thankful to know you.

Anonymous said...

Evening, BJness! Oh, what lovely table settings for your Thanksgiving meal! All of your family are going to feel so special. There you have that gorgeous Rooster tablecloth.

I wish you the most wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving,
Shelia ;)

Sue said...

I'm envious of your big family event. We are having our first quiet Thanksgiving, and I don't know how to do that! Your tables look wonderful. I'm sure your family will appreciate all the hard work. Have a great time!

Sue

Laura said...

What beautiful tablescapes you have set in your lovely home.

Happy Thanksgiving! I am off to put pies in the oven.

Laura

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh, all of the tables look so pretty. Love that table cloth on the big table! All of it is beautiful. Have a wonderful day with your family. laurie

Justine said...

Hey woman, clear out your email box! Every time I try to reply to you it gets bounced back to me 'cause you're over quota! Gobble gobble, my friend.

Justine :o )

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hi sweet bj , all of your tables are fantastic ! You are such a good tablescaper girl ! Have a blessed day !

Donna said...

I love all your tables, but my fav is the black and white. So simple, yet so cute!

D

Simple Home said...

What beautiful tables! I saw white dishes on so many posts and then this summer I found a complete set, never opened, at a yard sale, for $5! They are my favorites because of their versatility. Your home is so warm and welcome feeling, I'm sure everyone that comes there will feel blessed. Have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Marcia

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

They are all beautiful, BJ!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi BJ...

My friend, all three of your Thanksgiving tables are gorgeous!!! Ohh...I'm just so happy for you that all of your family can be there to celebrate with you! I am missing all of mine terribly...they are all in Texas and I am here in Colorado!

Well my friend, I just love the black and white checked table! But I must say that your large table is my favorite! Ohhh...love that beautiful harvest gold and green together!!! Your gold tablecloth is soooo pretty! Beautiful tables, my friend!

Sending you and your family my very best wishes and blessings for a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Chari @Happy To Design

Beverly said...

You and your family are very blessed to have each other. God is so good to all of us.

BJ, you are a constant blessing to all of us. We all benefit from your kind heart and your love of life.

Your tables are beautiful - and just perfect. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Mary Bergfeld said...

All three tables are beautiful and set with love. I hope you have the best Thanksgiving ever, BJ. Blessings...Mary

♥Mimi♥ said...

Wishing you and yours the most blessed of days as we break bread with friends and family or spend our time as a volunteer with any one of the numerous charities in need of our time and talents.

Peace, plenty, prosperity - my wish for the United States of America.

food with style said...

looks like you are going to have loads of fun, happy thanksgiving!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Your table is just beautiful, I also love white dishes, yours are beautiful...all the beautiful leaves are wonderful, thanks for sharing it all and have a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend..Phyllis

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tea time and roses said...

Beautiful table settings! You and your family enjoy a lovely Thanksgiving.:o)

Smiles...

Beverly

sarah { abeachcottage } said...

hi BJ

just coming over to wish you a happy thanksgiving

love your tablescapes, you seem to pull it off every time!

Sarah

Gypsy Heart said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I am so glad I found it! I'm in Texas too. All of your tables are beautiful and very festive! I LOVE red and black/white. Hope you have a joy filled day with your family!

Brenda Pruitt said...

BJ, you always have the coziest of tables! Happy Thanksgiving, blogging friend in Texas!
Brenda

Miss Mustard Seed said...

BJ, Your e-mail bounced back to me, so I'm leaving you a comment. Can you e-mail the link to me where you posted your candlestick makeover? I'm working on my post and would like to link to it. Thanks! marian@missmustardseed.com

The Quintessential Magpie said...

BJ, all three tables are fabulous! I know your family is going to love them! Just picture perfect. I particularly love all of your linens... girl, you have some goodies! And the plates and the Target Birds and all of the other touches (love the oak leaves) that you did to make these tables pop so! Great job, BJ.

I dropped by last night, but it was so late that I literally was falling asleep at the computer and had no idea what I was even saying. LOL! So I am back today with a full stomach and a clear head to say that I loved it all!

Our plans went awry (DH got sick and didn't feel up to taveling to NC for Thanksgiving), so we went on a "date." We decided to turn lemons into lemonade, and it was FUN! My tablescape will have to be a prototype for next years! I did it knowing we weren't going to be here then we were. LOL! BUT, it was fun.

Sending you love and all best wishes across the miles, BJ. Hope your Thanksgiving was WONDERFUL. You are a blessing yourself!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Julie said...

Hi BJ, Love all your Tables...All of them are so pretty...Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family my Friend...
xoxo
Julie

Kathleen Grace said...

Hi BJ, It is the day after Thanksgiving and I am catching up with all my friends. It is a little late to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving,(although I do wish you a happy Thanksgiving weekend!) but I can see your home was filled with a loving family and good food and warmth. You truely are blessed:>) The tables are beautiful and I am sure your family aprreciated all the thought and care that went onto making the day beautiful for them!

Marigene said...

♥ all your tables! The red one is the one that I would like to sit down to....or maybe the black and white or maybe that beautiful white with gold...

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Hi BJ!

All of your tables look wonderful!

Have a great weekend!

Jeanette said...

Beautiful tables and all three say Happy Thanksgiving.