FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Monday, November 23, 2009

A NEW CATALOG and a BUSY WEEK.....

****SIGH.......
See the bells in the upper left corner, above...
from $19.00 to $89.00..
while mine, on your right, was $4.00 at Goodwill....
THREE CHEERS FOR GOODWILL !!
**
Why is it that when I try to stack books on tables and the floor, like in the photo from the catalog, bottom left
that MINE just looks messy and like I need to clean house ??
and
that room, bottom right.....ONE OF MY FAVORITE LOOKS !! just LUV it !!
**
Most all of you know that there isn't a crafty bone in my entire, olden body...
but, by golly....I bought some BURLAP today...and some Lipstick Red fabric paint and I
AM GONNA MAKE MYSELF ONE OF THOSE ADORABLE PILLOWS...
or an awesome RUNNER for my dining table...
I am lovin' the red stripes...
(now, if I could only pray to God tonight that I wake up in the morning, totally
able to paint A ROOSTER on a pillow..just like that one up there....and it would come true.!!)
**
AND, would you just take a look at these AWESOME dishes !!!
VINTAGE CLOCK FACE....
Aren't they just to die for !!!
Plates...Set of 4...$39.00
Now, that's not bad............is it? less than 10 bucks a plate..
I'm asking for a Pottery Barn gift card !!!!!!
***
This mosaic has nothing to do with anything....
just wanted to show you my NOVEMBER blooming beauties....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHEW.....
I have been busy this last week....preparing as much of my THANKSGIVING dinner as I could freeze...
I LOVE DOING THAT...
*****
30 DAYS OF THANKSGIVING...
(1) I am VERY thankful for my wonderful FREEZER..
**
About 4 years ago, our old freezer just quit working...and just before CHRISTMAS, too.. WOE IS ME...
I surely did miss having that freezer to fill up with goodies for the holidays....
**
LOW AND BEHOLD...our son/daughter*in*law and our daughter/son*in*law surprised us CHRISTMAS with "FREEZER MONEY"....O, I bawled and squalled....
They couldn't have given us a thing in this whole entire world that we would have loved any more than
A BRAND NEW FREEZER..!!!!
***
(2) I am thankful for very thoughtful, loving children....
******I made this DREAMY CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE
but forgot to take a photo of it and it's all wrapped up nicely and in the freezer now..
***
I've made my dressing with homemade cornbread and homemade biscuits.
.(sooo Martha Stewart, wouldn't ya say?)
I, of course, haven't cooked my turkey yet..(it IS in the fridge, thawing, tho)
so when I cook him, I will have lots of wonderful broth to pour into my dressing...
O HONEY !
The dressing and gravy, along with cranberry sauce, is my favorite part of the whole meal....
**
I made this PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE....
right out of my new cookbook, GOOSEBERRY PATCH..
It looks just like the picture in the book...(thank you very much, Martha !)
just before serving, I will drizzle Caramel Sauce over the pieces...

Doesn't it look good? We all love cheesecake of any kind..but have never tried PUMPKIN.....
after "licking the bowl", I can tell you it is going to be GOOOD.......
**
If you, too, like cheesecake, this one is so easy to put together...
NOW...may I just tell you that I used a graham cracker crust FROM THE MARKET..
I love those and know it will taste just great...
**
I put in quite a day in the kitchen...I will be so glad I did when Thanksgiving day comes around....
**
I decided to sit by my pretty window and have a glass of BLACKBERRY wine and catch my breath...
**
Believe me when I say that that bottle was ALREADY nearly empty...Promise!!
Only one glass for me......ALWAYS !
**
OK....I've caught my breath....
Now I am ready for ROUND 2 in the kitchen... !!
**
Love and hugs to all of you...and don't work too hard getting that good dinner ready for your family...
take all the shortcuts you can think of....I sure did !!
Now, we can all enjoy just being with our families, eating, laughing,
and, OF COURSE,......napping ...WHILE THE MEN DO THE DISHES !
:O)

I AM LINKING WITH....
KIMBA at A SOFT PLACE TO LAND for DIY TUESDAY since I did this cooking MYSELF...
AND
GYPSY'S CORNER for THREE OR MORE TUESDAY since I made 3 freezer foods...:O)
AND
MARY for RUBY TUESDAY, because there is a touch of RUBY in some of these photos...

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was a busy day and a beautiful post. Put your package in the mail today. Should arrive in a few days. I love Pottery Barn also.
I still have my geraniums too. Those and one small pot of petunias.
QMM

Natasha in Oz said...

Wow, BJ, I need to catch my breath and I have only been reading about your busy week! It sounds like you will be having a feast on Thursday-everything sounds so delicious. I hope that you and your family have a truly wonderful Thanksgiving together.
Blessings and best wishes, Natasha.

Theresa said...

You wore me out with all that busy-ness:) Girl, I love those plates too. Never ever have I laid my eyes on those beauties. Love the pink blooms, can't imagine such this time of year. Have a Happy Thanksgiving my Friend! Theresa

Lucy said...

I'm going outside tomorrow and take a pic of my poor ivy geranium. Yours are so beautiful still and mine is almost froze to death! Beautiful Blog!

Jackie said...

You have been a busy girl BJ. Love your bell from Good Will, I especially love the price.

God bless.

Helen said...

Dear BJ,

Sending you the biggest wish ever for a happy, happy Thanksgiving!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

You certainly have been busy. I love your bell and your dinner sounds wonderful. I think you more than deserved the glass of wine. I hope you have a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, Marty

Brenda Pruitt said...

I can't paint worth a darn myself. Or I'd paint you one. Just got the Pottery Barn catalog today and looking forward to looking through it if I can get to it tonight. Love your images and your fun wit. Thankful for blogging friends like you this holiday season. Happy holiday, BJ!
Brenda

Ralph said...

All the food looks delicious, the reds nice and plentiful. The one I really like is the ruby wine bottle and glass surrounded by the green plants. Your entire abode looks so comfortable and stylish. as always, a fine looking post!

Megan, Life Revamped said...

looks like you've been a very busy girl!
I like your flowers, though.

Have a great day!
Come and visit my place if you have the time!
xoxo

Blondie's Journal said...

BJ~~

I have the Pottery Barn catalog but haven't had a chance to read it yet. It usually just makes me depressed!!! I need to find an outlet store. The pillows you like with the red stripe, I did a post last week about a table runner I made. And I CAN'T sew, so have a peek if you have a chance. It was on Handmade Holidays Tuesday.

I am going to take your tip and freeze a few things as you suggest. I usually work like crazy the night before and day of and then I have to clean the kitchen!! Thanks for your tips!!

Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving, my friend!

xoxo
Jane

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Your food looks so yummy! I would love to have Thanksgiving with you. Have a lovely one.

Christi @ A Southern Life

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear BJness! Oh, I loved looking through the PB catalog with you! Now I have an idea! If you want a rooster on your burlap pillow - run, don't walk to Michael's, Hobby Lobby or maybe even Wal Mart and find a Rooster Stencil. By you some red craft paint and a stencil brush and just stencil you a rooster on your pillow! That would work and look so good!
I think your resting place is very pretty! Love hearing about all your blessings, too.
Love ya,
shelia ;)

Megan, Life Revamped said...

hi BJ!

thanks for the heads up!
here's the correct link:
new place if you have the time!
xoxo

Megan, Life Revamped said...

hi BJ!

thanks for the heads up!
here's the correct link:
new place if you have the time!
xoxo

Sue said...

Well that was a fun way to end my evening. I think we will just sneak in to your house for Thanksgiving. There will just be the 2 of us this year...we don't eat much:)

I got Williams-Sonoma in the mail today. Don't you just love it and hate it when you get a new catalog?

Sue

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

bj...I have NO doubt that you will be able to paint that rooster on the pillow! ..so..will you paint one for me too? :)

Everything looks delicious...and the price you paid for that bell at Goodwill is fantastic! I NEVER find anything at Goodwill. Maybe I need to go more often.

My button mums are still blooming. I don't see any geraniums though. I can tell by your pictures that you are definitely on a Holiday roll! :)

I get so tickled at you! Love you to pieces, bj!

:)hugs..
Mona

Picket said...

Morning girl...beautiful pics!!! I always make and freeze alot of my Thanksgiving and Christmas ahead of time...just made two pans of cornbread dressing and a pan of sweet potatoe casserole..yahoo! lol

Don't you just love it when your kids surprise you with the best gifts ever and make you cry!!!! lol

Blessings to you dear friend and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as you gather together this glorious time of year!!! ~Picket~

Kathleen Grace said...

Everything looks wonderful BJ, and I can tell you, pumpkin cheesecake is delicious! We have it every year. I love looking at the PB catalog but I hadn't seen those gorgeous dishes! If I don't "see" you between now and Thanksgiving have a wonderful day! I know you will with your loving family all gathered around you:>)
Hugs
Kathy

Jennifer Juniper said...

My goodness! Look what inspiration a new catalog can bring :) I love all the ideas and am sending you the ability to paint that rooster!

A Southern Rose said...

Wow, you really have been busy! That pie looks yummy!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hugs,
Lee Laurie

Twice as Nice said...

I'm not much of a drinker but a couple of years ago I tried Wild Vines and I really like it. Have you tried the peach? My fav. I copied the pumpkin cheesecake recipe and can't wait to try it. I love anything pumpkin. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. The Twins

GwendolynKay said...

I love pottery barn. you have a great post full of pleasant things to look at.
Blessings!
Gwen

Raven said...

Wow! What a wonderful post! You've left me smiling AND hungry! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Pumpkin cheese cake and chocolate pecan pie both sound totally mouth-watering!

Stacey said...

Shopping, baking, and drinking wine. Sounds good to me. :)

Happy Thanksgiving friend.

mommakin said...

Wow! You are a busy gal!

Julie said...

I came by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving and to tell you that I am happy and thankful that you are my friend!

CIELO said...

Dear BJ, may I sit with you by that beautiful window? Your home and blog are looking prettier and prettier everytime I have the chance to visit... it feels cozy and warm here, and I love the atmosphere created by your sweet inviting spirit.... may you and yours have a blessed and happy Thanksgivins, my dear one...

cielo

Laura said...

What a wonderful post- a feast for the eyes.
The cheesecake looks amazing.
I have never frozen my Thankgsgiving items ahead of time. What a great idea-

Enjoyed visiting,
Laura

I am participationg in Ruby Tuesday also-

Marice said...

awww it really sounds so busy but I bet you have enjoyed every single bit of that moment :) and that reminds us that we really have so many things to be thankful for this year :) have a wonderful thanksgiving!

u may view mine if u have time

Justine said...

Yikes, you sure have been busy! How many are you expecting for dinner? And why do southerners call stuffing dressing???? Dressing is the stuff you put on your salad! LOL!

Oh man, I love the spot that you have your resting chair in. The light there is sooooo pretty and your plants look wonderful. It's just missing one thing. An ottoman for your aching feet!

Justine :o )

Ramsey said...

I HEART Pottery Barn too!!! Thanks for the sweet comment and Happy Thanksgiving! Don't forget to enter my gift card giveaway ending Friday.
Ramsey

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Lots of inspirational stuff! I just painted my large brass candlestick black in your honor. :) I'll post about it in a couple of days. Thanks for the idea.

Heather said...

i've actually never been to pottery barn, although it looks like it has some nice stuff!

the pumpkin cheesecake looks AMAZING!

happy thanksgiving!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Great post!! I love those vintage clock dishes. I'm going to ask for a Pottery Barn giftcard too!! Bravo to you for getting a lot of your Thanksgiving food done & in the freezer. I have it easy as my hubby cooks the turkey & stuffing. And my mom does the pie and rolls. I just have the veggies & mashed potatoes. Oh and the jello salad. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Good luck on making the pillow or runner. I still need to get me some burlap & do the same. But by then, burlap will be out of fashion.

Southern Lady said...

I love your little "wine corner," BJ ... it's so pretty!

Just wanted to wish you and your sweet family the best Thanksgiving celebration ever!

Sincerely,

Janie