PLEASE PRAY FOR MORE and MORE and MORE SURVIVORS
SERVINGS: 4 (1-cup servings)
2 cups sliced fresh peaches, nectarines, and/or apricots
1 cup fat-free milk
1 - 6-ounce carton peach fat-free yogurt with no-calorie sweetener
1 cup small ice cubes or crushed ice ...
1. In a blender, combine fruit, milk, and yogurt. Cover and blend until smooth.
2. Gradually add ice through hole in lid, blending until almost smooth. If desired, garnish each serving with fresh fruit. Makes 4 (1-cup) servings.
Combine green tea, your favorite juice, and sparkling water for a refreshing take on iced tea.
1-1/2 cups frozen or fresh raspberries
3 Tbsp. raspberry liqueur or milk
1 Tbsp. seedless raspberry jam
2 cups raspberry or other berry gelato or ice cream
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup chopped chocolate bars, crushed shortbread cookies, or chocolate wafer cookies
To top drink: Chocolate bars, shortbread cookies, or chocolate wafer cookies
1. Thaw raspberries, if frozen. Place 1 cup berries in blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Press puréed berries through fine-mesh sieve into bowl. Discard seeds. Add liqueur and jam to pureed berries; whisk until smooth.
2. For frappé, in blender or processor combine berry mixture, gelato, and milk. Cover and blend or process just until combined, stopping blender to scrape down sides as needed. Stir in chopped chocolate or crushed cookies.
3. Divide remaining berries and frappé between two chilled glasses. Top with chocolate or cookies. Serve with long-handled spoons. Makes 2 servings.
*NOTE FROM Granddaughter, JESSICA, regarding OUR FIRST GREAT GRANDDAUGHTER....
"Yes, it's getting close! The due date is officially April 23, but we go to the doctor on Tuesday so that he can do an ultrasound to measure her. He said he wanted to see how big she's gotten and maybe consider inducing 2 weeks early, if it was needed. So I'm really anxious for the appointment, so we can kind of make a game plan. I kind of feel like it could be anytime now, so I'm trying to be ready for anything. "
WOO HOO !!