FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Friday, December 5, 2008

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS....EVERY WHERE I GO.....





I TRY to buy a new Christmas fairy or Santa every year ...some of them are small and hang on my tree and some are larger....like this year's new SANTA...
...............A CHEF SANTA for my kitchen...
I'M IN LUV !!
Yessssss, SHEILA, you CAN love SANTAS !!!!

just a small spot shot of my tree...

one of my outdoor wreaths


star light, star bright...
this star has been watching our little tree for over 30 years..
i've tried other things over the years for a topper but we always miss our star...
so THIS year, our star is back in place...just where it should be !

My newest MARK ROBERTS CHRISTMAS FAIRY, the one on your right, is from
SWEET ANDI, my Christmas Swap Partner...he is hanging out with last years,
PINK SUGARPLUM....aren't they so cute together!!!

'away in a manger......no crib for a bed...
the little LORD JESUS...
lay down HIS sweet head....'

"WELCOME TO MY CHRISTMAS HOUSE "WREATH

SIMPLY JOYFUL...
this is what I want our CHRISTMAS to be...
AND it always is !!!


just can't wait to make some of the pretty Christmas cookies...will wait, however, until the
GRAND GRANDDAUGHTERS can help....when they get out of school for the holiday, we will have one special day when they can come over for baking, giggling, drinking hot cocoa, giggling, texting, giggling, and
have just SOME PLAIN OLD-FASHIONED FUN...between a GRANDMOTHER and her sweeties !!
I CAN'T WAIT and I will have PICTURES for you...imagine THAT !! ;>)

LOVE, bj...

AND A WONDERFUL AWARD.....

Dear CHRIS is allowing me to play in this fun meme....and she says "When you receive the prize, you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing them that they were prized with 'Honest Weblog'. List [if you can and/or dare] list at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on...

"OK, SISTER....YOU ASKED FOR IT !! ......I AIN'T NUTHIN' IF I AIN'T HONEST !!"

1. I started putting color on my hair when I was in high school...got a lot of gray really quick .....

2. I was a cheer leader in junior high ..the high school team was the BULLDOGS..we were the BULLPUPS.

3. Mr. SweetNothings bought an airplane back in the 60's...I was so scared of flying, I decided that if I could just learn to take off and land it, I might feel better. I took flying lessons, went all thru ground school, learned to take off, land and actually got to the SOLO thingy..I said, NO WAY....learning to take off and land DID NOT, IN ANY FORM OR FASHION, make me feel one bit better about flying in a small plane. NO SIREE !

4. I went to DALLAS after graduating high school and enrolled in a modeling school. I was offered a job of runway model by Neiman Marcus but I was too homesick and went back home and got married....I had never been away from home in my entire life and....I didn't like it !!

5. I absolutely LOVE a clean house and don't want ANYTHING out of place but.......be really careful when you open a drawer or closet...(i'm working on that, tho!

6. It took 5 years after marriage before I had our little boy....another 5 years before daughter was born. sooo, guess i musta been fertile only every 5 years!! GOOD GRIEF or.....maybe we "did it" only every 5 years ?? NAWH.......tee hee....

7. As a kid, I once sang a song on the RADIO....and I can't carry a tune in a paper bag ...

8. I am such a collector...if I find something I really, really love, one is NEVER enuf.

9. I lost part of my family when my mom and dad divorced when i was 7 but God sent another dad and family to me that I loved so much and they loved me. I was such a blessed little girl...

10. I've had 3 VERY HIGH honors for a mom, I think....ONE was when my BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER asked ME to be her Matron of Honor at her wedding to JENT. The sweetness STILL makes me cry, after 20 years. THE SECOND was when my HANDSOME SON and his ADORABLE WIFE named one of their baby daughters after me. THE THIRD was when BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER and JENT named their last little baby girl after me. I know I've told you before and IT IS TRUE...I AM BLESSED.




AND.....here we all are....in our TWENTY YEAR OLD GLORY....




SO RAISE YOUR GLASSES HIGH AND CLINK THEM TOGETHER IN A TOAST FOR MOTHERS AND DAUGHTERS...MOTHERS AND SONS ....EVERYWHERE 'CAUSE LIFE IS SOOOO GRAND !

MERRY CHRISTMAS, bj

36 comments:

The Muse said...

Hello! I am very very pleased that you visited the Rhyme Time...The whole work has now been posted...And I am pleased that you supported us as part of the Christmas Chain!!

It was fun, but no more so than the delights here!
Goodness I feel as though I should have paid an entry fee...What delightful images of home, Santas and fairies, wreaths and more....

The little manger and yes family pics...a true Christmas blog!

(so love the kitchen chef Santa)

Bo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bo said...

Oh BJ...Love that Santa chef and all the peeks around your home! You are one fascinating lady that I enjoyed learning more about in your meme...did I mention gorgeous too?! ♥ Bo
Sorry to have to delete the previous post but my spelling was atrocious!!

Anonymous said...

GM BJ, no wonder you're always so happy and show your wonderful spirit, you are truly blessed. I have a Santa similuar to your kitchen Santa. Your decorations are beautiful. I don't do the cookie day anymore, but my Dana has done this for 18 years. I always enjoy having coffee with you every morning.

Love Ya,
Chris

Unknown said...

You have so many beautiful Christmas things, BJ! I need to stop looking at everyone else's things and get mine out!

Miss Janice said...

Everything's so cute and festive. I need to get off this computer and start putting out some more decorations!

Kathleen Grace said...

Well you are lighting a fire under me BJ. CAn you believe I haven't even begun decorating? You will see why tomorrow. I can just see you and a passel of grandaughters giggling and baking cookies. What fun! I love all the fun things you tell us in your meme's. Learning to land and take off to get over fear of flying!? That would be the worst part!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Good Morning, BJ! Great post! I love your santas and fairies! So cute!

And I enjoyed your tag answers! A model, of my goodness! I'm not surprised, you are just beautiful. I am with you on the clean house, and not so clean drawers...add some closets to mine! LOL! Have a great weekend! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

Anonymous said...

BJ, Okay now that isn't fair. that Santa is to die for.You know he needs to live here with mine =0. Where in the world did you find him? I have not found a chef Santa any where this year.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this post so much BJ. I love all your Christmas goodness. Your list is wonderful and o my gosh, that wedding photo! Fabulous!

I want to know where to find the Mark Roberts Christmas fairies. I love 'em!

Have a great weekend.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

GM BJ< I just love getting to know you better..this is one thing we did't really get to do on RMS..I loved all your little Santa's...and how special is that to be apart of your daughter wedding..all I got to do was pay the bills and do the work for mine last year ha ha!! Now girl why won't you fly?? you konw I just loved it when I did..Oh the Freedom it was to me!!Great Friday post BJ..also like a clean house but stay away from my Elephant Closet...thats what my DH calls it says he knows there an Elephant in there as it has everything else in it..have a great day..hugs and smiles Gloria

squawmama said...

Good Morning BJ... Love your post today so Christmassy... I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Santa Chef... I have little chefs & waiters in my kitchen and would love the chef Santa...Where can I ever find one??? Also where do you find all those cute frames you use... Have you gone to NorthPole.com yet... Thousands of great cookie recipes...please email me and give up the info girlfriend! Love YA
Have a great day!!!♥♥♥

(((HUGS)))
Donna

SmilingSally said...

Your house is so beautifully decorated for Christmas! I'm so much sloooowwer. I like your kitchen Santa.

A cheerleader? A model? Two granddaughters named after you?
WOW, WOW, and WOW!

Anonymous said...

BJ, this was so fun. I loved reading about you. You are a special person in the lives of many. we love you, girl.

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hi BJ . love your kitchen Santa. And the cookies look delish and everything is looking so Christmacy! The wedding photo is great !

Anonymous said...

Your tree topper Star is really pretty and I can see why you've kept it for 30 years. I also love the chef Santa. He looks very cute in his chef's hat.

I'm so glad that Nikki mentioned your blog in her post and that I surfed over to find you.

Tardevil said...

Cheers, my sweet BJ. I must admit to a few tears, but your #6 (I think it was) had me ROFL! I bet you would have made a great model. Some cool facts...and I almost forgot to tell you I loved all your decor. I almost bought that same Santa (but I'm out of room). Love the MR fairies!

Salmagundi said...

It is grand, isn't it? I'm thankful everyday to God for my blessings!! Sally

Shauna said...

Merry Christmas to you too! Hope your day is as beautiful as you are! ♥ Hugs!

Unknown said...

I love your new Baker Santa....really cute! The rest of your blog is fun...and love the recipes and pics of food; you're makin' me hungry. Blessings..Susan

Beth at Aunties said...

It all looks so festive and I loved the 20 something picture:)

Your home looks and smells ( from the cookies) ready to celebrate this special season of honoring our Lord Jesus's birth.
I so loved the Santa who can cook! I wish he were real and at our home!

Hugs, beth

Anonymous said...

Jean, I'd forgotten about you being one of our jr. high cheerleaders and I didn't know about the Neiman Marcus deal. Wow, I'm running around with a celebrity and didn't know it! I cannot believe how much Stacy looks just like you did when you were that age in her wedding picture, so pretty! What a beautiful memory of being her Matron of Honor! So sweet and full of love! Speaking of which, I love you! Great post today, brought back so many memories for me.
Love,
Martha

Deanna said...

That was a wonderful post BJ! I loved reading about the ten honest things about you.

You always have such great pictures too...I just love looking at them.

Hugs,
Deanna :)

Denise said...

Hi, bj...I just wanted to stop by and tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog. Your home is beautiful.
Have a great weekend!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi BJ!
Loved seeing all of your sweet peaks at your holiday decorations. Of course you know I love Mark Roberts fairies! I am going to our annual Dickens Christmas downtown tonight and I plan on buying one more fairy...

Come visit me....just for you I posted some FULL room shots of my living room and dining room on my post today.
xo
Penny

Sweetie said...

BJ - Your home sings of Christmas. I am getting ready to start baking. I mixed a starter recipe this afternoon from which you can make a variety of cookies. I am so impressed by the ways that your children have honored you. Please stop over for a visit. I have something for you.
Hugs,
Sweetie

nikkicrumpet said...

I learned stuff I didn't know about you...very cool. And I LOVED LOVED LOVED that wedding photo! You're right all three of those things a big Mom honors!!!

Anita said...

You have such pretty things... and the cookies look yummy!
I'm baking 16 dozen cookies to send out on Monday for a cookie exchange... which means I'll get 16 dozen cookies in the mail! Sounds like fun, don't you think? :)

Back Through Time said...

What a fun post and all of your decorations are so festive~you have been very busy!
Have a cozy weekend
Michelle

tea time and roses said...

Hello BJ!

Lovely lovely photos! Beautiful Santa Clauses! Wonderful post!

Smiles...

Beverly

Anonymous said...

I never tire of learning about you and your magnificent family.... you really are such a delight in so many ways and that is so evident..... to all that know you..
HUgs
Linda

Anonymous said...

Evening, Sweet BJ! Oh, I love the candy cane borders around your pictures! How'd you do that? Love you new Santa too! I'm just loving everything tonight. I love getting to know you better too! I can imagine you as a model, you're beautiful! How sweet about your daughters and all the wonderfulness that goes along with it! You're the bestest!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Ellen said...

Oh wow so much to see, and all so christmassy. I love the fairies the old and the new...:)EllenL

Adrienne said...

Good morning, BJ -
I desperately trying to catch with everybody after a terribly busy - but good - week. Your chef Santa is wonderful. What a great addition to your collection! And everything else in your home is looking good.

I can't think of a sweeter thing for a mother's heart than to be the Matron of Honor at her daughter's wedding. What an honor! No pun intended.
~Adrienne~

Andi said...

Oh BJ!!! I just love this post and seeing the Mark Roberts fairies. But the wedding party picture was the best!!! How wonderful to be asked to be your daughter's Matron of Honor...what an honor!!! You all look beautiful!!!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi BJ, Love these kind of post...you learn so much. You did a lot of work with the flying...ground school and everything! I'm impressed that you gave it such an ernest try! When I was young and foolish (19), I took flying lessons and did solo several times, but never found the time to get my license.
Sorry about the time when you were 7...I know that was a tough time. So glad you did have a wonderful family life afterwards though. We are so blessed, aren't we! Love,
Susan