FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Thursday, September 18, 2008

fallish things.....

I JUST FOUND OUT THE NEWS OUR DARLING FRIEND, DEENA, HAS....

"Our trip to the doctor's was not fun. I have developed 8 more tumors in my brain. Doctor says it's time to try "whole brain radiation."

you can click on her blog for a definition of WHOLE BRAIN RADIATION.

hard, deep and honest to goodness PRAYERS are needed for SWEETANNE aka DEENA.

when you go over to visit with this brave lady, please note that, in the midst of such devastating news,

she shares her JOYS with us !

~i am so in awe of this lady that is a friend to all ~

****************************************************



the morning after IKE hit the Gulf Coast, we woke up to clouds unlike any we usually have out here on the PLAINS...
A very thick fog hung over the entire country side...
IT LOOKED LIKE FALL
************************************************
it MUST be time to feather my nest for the fall and coming winter....
how fun to change things up a little...
i need new candles in a soft vanilla shade...
i have plenty of pretty, warm throws to spread around, some of them in my favorite RED...
*****************
i have just a few fall things to show...i am looking for more !
i need REAL pumpkins and tons of goards


i love this vanilla colored, ceramic pumpkin and it's little babies....
not expensive at all ..
from WALGREENS, of all places
that smallest one...99 cents !!
crazy !


we absolutely LUV candy corn..
PURE sugar, right !
oh and that reminds me that i need to get MORE !
and those little tiny pumpkin candies...the grandkids eat them like there's no tomorrow !!
:o)

i HAD to buy something fallish since i didn't have much of anything.. .. i've not ever decorated much for FALL...
but......
gotta stay up with all you talented, decorating divas, ya know!!
*********************
FROM ISN'T THIS HUGH, CERAMIC PUMPKIN
AWESOME.....
?
it's the one up there in my new FALL header......
i seldom get excited about fall thingys but i sure got excited when i saw this one...
now, what the heck makes a person of sound mind 'fall in love' with a big, brown
PUMPKIN
??

I DON'T KNOW BUT I DID...I JUST FELL IN LOVE WITH IT AND KNEW THE MINUTE I SAW IT
THAT IT WAS GOING TO GET A BRAND, NEW HOME AT
SWEET NOTHINGS .....

now, this little vase of dried and faux flowers has been around
SWEETNOTHINGS
for quiet a spell.
i remember when they were showing in a photo on Rate My Space and
everyone said
"LOSE THOSE FLOWERS"
and I said "NO WAY!...i LOVE my flowers from Pier One!"

(sometimes, they can get pretty mean over there on RMS)
these little flowers pretty much stay out in my living room year around except at
CHRISTMAS TIME....
i like the spot of color they give and i love the checked, little tin vase they sit in.

i have these little wall vases on either side of a mirror in the living room...
i usually fill them with fall, FAUX little arrangements, even tho I am sure not

partial to brown, dried up looking little arrangements...
i am searching for REDS/GOLDS/GREENS to go in here.....

these little vases look so pretty dressed in their CHRISTMAS finery !
can't wait !

when the first coolness hits out here,
my mind turns to crocheting.... it's just part of the NESTING game, I think.
i usually have a little project going all winter ..

see that little ORANGE pumpkin on the "i"
it pretty much is the only orange i have ..
well, a little on that new plate i bought at MAXX ..
OK...a little orange in the outside wreath...
notice the rain coming off the carport...
we had over 8 inches and that is UNHEARD OF out here in
WEST TEXAS
a lot of people living in low lying areas were flooded and stranded in their homes for a few days.
we were HIGH and DRY in our cottage.
our yard, sidewalk and street were another story, however!!

just pouring.....

i want to hang on to summer so bad !!
i am going to leave this
LAST FLOWER OF SUMMER
hanging on my wall until it is cold enuf to light a fire in my
wood burning stove. ummm, i do LOVE a warm, crackling fire going !!

I DO LOVE WINTER TIME !

and CHRISTMAS TIME !

*************************************
oooo, and I changed out my calendar ART today....
from lovely summertime flowers by the bushel ..
to little witch girl, surrounded by the most glorious PUMPKINS !
**********************************************

GOD BLESS AMERICA,

THE LAND THAT WE LOVE !

39 comments:

Baby Vagabond said...

I love all your Fall decorating!! Can you believe I haven't done anything yet? Last year I had pumpkins and corn shocks everywhere. WHere am I? Where did my decorating mojo go? HA!

((hugs)) Rosie
www.babyvagabond.com

Kathleen Grace said...

it looks like you are getting in the spirit BJ! I'll have to check out Walgreens up here for some white pumpkins. I imagine autumn in Texas is far different than Michigan. Up here the air is fairly crisp right now (about 56 degrees!) and the trees are turning. It will only be in the 70's today. Perfect fall weather!

Anonymous said...

BJ, love what you've done. We are having very cool temps in the mornings but the afternoons are in the 80s. I'm definitely getting in the fall mood. You can feel it in the air!

I also LOVE the Ray Charles version of America that is playing on your blog.

Now, I'm off to Walgreens. :)

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

BJ , I love,love,love that big punkin. I gotta hunt me one of those!

SmilingSally said...

Boy, you have been busy! Happy Fall.

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

I`m asking to all the Bloggers to support our dear FRIEND Mandy!
Please do come over, and DO LEAVE A COMMENT!

Kisses
Debbie Moss

Thanks so much for your SUPPORT!

Bo said...

What??? No pumpkin pie, BJ..that's all that seems to be missing from your "fall blog"..Love it! Didn't that rain look and feel good, too!
Have a lovely day, ;-) Bo

Picket said...

Morning BJ....Loved the Fall decor especially that huge brown pumpkin in your header pic....ohhhh it makes me sigh..it is just so pretty! Oh my word...you reminded me of a calender I bought just for the pics so I could do mine like yours that I saw on your space last year...man where did I hide that thing!? lol So glad you are safe from the storm girl..we only got a few showers from it..we are still mighty dry down here..have a great Thursday BJ!

Unknown said...

Everything looks so inviting and so cozy. I wish I could decorate for fall but my place isn't finished yet and it seams that we already skipped fall.

Wish you some sunshine and nice fall. Suzy

Twice as Nice said...

Your new pumpkin is very cute. We have had a lot of rain here too and the river is at the highest it's ever been. There has been a lot of flooding. One of our school's is so bad that they will have to teach the kids at other schools for 3 months. I think almost everyone has been effect in some way. Have a wonderful day :o)

Debra said...

Hi BJ,
I just sent you an email with the tea pot and cup pictures.
Your home is lovely!
Debra

Michele said...

Good morning BJ...I just love all your fall decorating. I love that candy corn too...I was at Walgreen's the other day ~ I must have missed those cool pumpkins!

Hugz,
Michele

"Magnolia" said...

I love all your Fall decorating, BJ! That brown pumpkin is gorgeous. I'm a sucker for all those pretty Fall colors.

This is the first time I've visited your Blog with the speakers on. That song Sweet Nothin's is SO KEWL!!!

Neabear said...

I had a couple of problems with the blogger as well. When I went to my dashboard, it told me I was not following any blogs. What??? What happened to all the blogs I am following? So I signed out and then signed back in. Whew! There they are. For a minute there I thought I lost my newfound friends. It seems blogger does not behave itself sometimes. Oh and I need to go check the Walgreens I drive by on my way home from work and see what they have there.

Barb said...

Miss BJ,

You have done fall proud!
Lots of pretties.

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

I love Fall and I too didn't have hardly anything for fall decorating so I have been ordering and buying things!!! I also have faux sunflowers in my house and I love them!!! Love all your new goodies, they are so sweet!! Have a terrific day my friend!!~Wendy

Anonymous said...

I love all your fall decorations you make me envious!! I haven't done a darn thing yet.
Diane

Anonymous said...

I do believe the autumn decorating bug bit you. You are in the mood.

I've had this week off of work, and I planned on doing some decorating. But, I haven't done any. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

I love your big brown pumpkin.

Joyce's Journey said...

Just came across your blog through Theresa at Sentimental Journey. Your blog is such fun! There are so many things to see and read. You have great pictures! I will definitely be back for more!

Susie said...

I haven't done a speck of fall decorating yet. It's still Indian Summer here! Yours are all gorgeous and I love TJ Maxx too :)
Off to see Deena, bless her heart..
hugs

Salmagundi said...

I'm having trouble with blogger today. I thought I read this a.m. that you were also having trouble; so I came back here and now I can't find where you said anything about trouble!!! Am I losing my mind?? Sally

Ruthie said...

I'll try again. Did a whole comment and Blogger said I had already done that and all was erased?!
Anyhow - love your fall decorations. It's my favorite time of year - altho I'm not quite ready to give up summer yet. Here in CO it's still warm and trees not turning yet.
Praying for Deena, too.
Hugs.

cherry said...

Yummmmmmmmmy decor. Love the pumpkins...oh where o here did you find that nesting sign? I NEED one....I really do. cherry

blessings said...

I really love TJ Maxx! When I would do fill in work at some of the local lawfirms, I cherished my lunch hours free from children. I always went to TJ Maxx. Blessings... Polly (heading over to deena's)

Anonymous said...

I have not done any fallish decorating yet.... your is lovely....
Hey 8 in. we only got 1 1/2 from that crazy ole Ike...
Blessings
Linda

Just A Girl said...

HI BJ,
Everything looks so cozy and warm with all your fall colors, but what about that RAIN! Oh my goodness! You must have been trapped indoors. Yikes to Ikes!
Oh, by the way, I think your flowers are lovely...who cares what RMS has to say :0.
Xo Cori
P.S. I'm picking up my award now and should have it posted in two hours. That's about how long it takes. Slow as molasses when it comes to typing.

Mary said...

BJ,

I love that ceramic pumpkin in your header and all the photos of your beautiful decor. I haven't done any decorating for autumn this year and doubt I will. Our first priority right now is getting this renovation project finished. It's been on the go for 5 months now and we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Enjoyed my visit, as always.
Blessings,
Mary

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Fall looks lovely on you BJ! I have started to putter a little. I don't do orange either :-). So I have found some cream ceramic pumpkins...I have stained some gourds and I will gather some pine cones...Hopefully I can get something put together this weekend..
Hugs,
Penny

Sweetie said...

First, let me tell you that your friend, Deena, is in my prayers. Prayer does work. So many people prayed for my two friends. My friend Rosalie's brain surgery was a success. My friend, Carol, who is being cared for by Hospice in a nursing home is more comfortable. I am praying that she will be strong enough to be taken care of at home. I love your fall decorations. I wish that we had a Walgreens. Your vases with the flowers are lovely. We did make a trip to the Pumpkin Patch early this evening where you pay for pumpkins by the honor system. My pumpkins and gourds are still in the back of the truck. I'll decorate with them tomorrow. I put out a few mums today. Finally, thanks so much for the award. I will post it very soon.
Love,
Sweetie

Anita said...

No matter how fancy the candy gets, it's hard to beat the good old fashioned kind... like candy corn! :)

Your fall decorating is SO FUN!

Anonymous said...

I love the pumpkin. The white washed ones are beautiful. I just love Wal-greens.I will have to make a run.I have been looking for some that color with no luck.
I am also looking for gold. I think I may have to paint some.

Anonymous said...

You have such lovely fall decorations. I really like that brown pumpkins and the picture...and the candy corn...and the lovely flowers. Its all so pretty and I also try to hang on to summer. It is my favourite time of year and fall although it has the colourful leaves always turns into winter!

I have been thinking about Deena and I feel very badly...strong wishes and prayers to her.

I hope that you have a lovely weekend.
Judi

Anonymous said...

Love all of your fall decorations. I just love fall - it's my favorite season - with all the beautiful colors. I also have faux flowers in my home and I put doilies under things. RMS would tear me apart. Will say a prayer for Deena.

Anonymous said...

Hello BJ, I am slowing down a bit on visiting this week as my cousin is here visiting. They do not have a computer and think we are a little bit over the top with our matching laptops. Smile. I have to feign a nap just to get on this thing behind closed doors. LOL

I love your fall decor, it all looks lovely. We love candy corn too. Lord if I run out it's a tragedy

I am fixing my URL so you can get to me without going to the sidebar. I was checking out my other comments and found it was a big problem. Thanks for letting me know.

I'll pray for Deena, it doesn't look very good to me. sigh.

Hugs...Jeanne

CIELO said...

Love all your photos... and I love TJ Maxx.... yipe!

Hugs

cielo

Betty said...

Love all your fall decorations, the calendar art idea is so neat, it is on my some day list.
Have a great weekend BJ!

Mama said...

I just love your beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing the great punkins!

Joanne Kennedy said...

Isn't it funny how we see something pretty on these blogs and then we run out to try to copy it. I was never a Fall decorator either. Until this year.

I did decorate for Thanksgiving and Halloween but never just Fall. TJ Maxx does have great things though.

You have done a great job of "Falling up" your home.

Hugs,
Joanne

P.S. Can you send a bit of that rain my way. We need it. It's hot again. Sitting here with the a/c on.

nikkicrumpet said...

OH Dear BJGG how I missed the bright spot you add to my day!!!