FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THERE WAS SUCH A THING AS AN EMBARRASSING SONG TO LOVE...

MIZZ BEVERLY of HOW SWEET THE SOUND fame
tagged me for the

"EMBARRASSING SONGS THAT I LIKE"
TAG
How fun this turned out to be.
I have added all these songs to my play list so, if you want to hear one, just click on it....


THE BEATLES
song,
"THE YELLOW SUBMARINE"
has ALWAYS
made me laugh...

When my son and daughter were little, we sang this song and they loved it !!
We would be jamin' out, listening to it in the car and one of the kids would say,
"Mom...quit it...you're acting silly".
*smile, smile
Booo Hoooo, I WANT THOSE DAYS BACK!!!!!!
THE COASTERS
song,
"YACKITY YAK"

was soooo one of my favorites...
and,
I STILL love it !
I guess a 70 year old lady lovin' this kind of song should be
EMBARRASSING
but.....it's NOT...
lo l

AHHHHHH,
FATS DOMINO,
My Main Man
He has so many that I love but

"BLUEBERRY HILL"

sure isn't one to be
EMBARRASSED about liking.



EVERYONE knows how I love
JOHNNY CASH

and if he sang "I STEPPED IN A COW PATTY"
I wouldn't be embarrassed to LOVE IT...


BUT, his song,

"ONE PIECE AT A TIME"

is a RIOT and if you haven't heard it,
YOU AIN'T LIVED
(Remember, it's right here on my Play List)

Let me introduce you to

JUMPIN GENE SIMMONS
(NOT to be confused with KISS)

and his song,

"HAUNTED HOUSE"...

Oh, my....
I have danced to this so many times and laughed so hard doing it !!!!!!

I'm smilin' so hard right now, tears are coming....
(I just clicked on it so I could hear it again and
YEP,
I STILL love it)


AND, don't we ALL love

MR. RAY STEVENS !

He has so dang many funny ones, I had a hard time choosing one...
his all-time funniest one, to me, is...

"THE STREAK"
"OH, yes, they call him the Streak......
fastest man on two feet.....
I SHOULD be embarrassed that I even THOUGHT of this song....
BUT...
I can't help it....
I LOVE IT !!!!!!
It makes me laugh every time I hear it and that is worth a million dollars, in my books !!


I see that so many of you have already done this fun tag so I would like to pass it on to the

ones that would LIKE to do it.

Be sure to let me know if you DO this one...I want to read about YOUR songs

HUGS, bj

THIS HAS BEEN SUCH A FUN POST TO DO !

OOPS...I think I was supposed to do FIVE and I did SIX....

Is there such a thing as MEME POLICE ??

;o)

23 comments:

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Good Morning BJ,
your music is great. I went to listen to One Piece at a time but Haunted House came up. It may be me but be my computer but I just thought I would mention it.
Have a great day,
ginger

Anonymous said...

No meme police. I almost put six songs, too. And, so far no one has picked the other song I wanted to list. I just might have to add it later.

I love your song list, and I did listen. Laughter is definitely good for us, and sometimes all you can do is laugh. It makes everything better.

Bo said...

Morning BJ...It almost seems as if I can hear your laughter this morning, which means you are feeling some better everyday...Hallelujah! Do you remember Jim Stafford's song (maybe his only hit) "Spiders & Snakes"? Well, I always got a grin from that one..take care sweet lady.
:-), Brown-Eyes

Unknown said...

Hi BJ,
You have a great song list...thanks for posting and bringing back memories! This has been a fun tag. I've enjoyed reading the posts all over so many blogs!

Kathleen Grace said...

No meme police here BJ:>) Love your choices, and if we weren't all in love with these embarassingly bad songs they wouldnt be so remembered today! Now hop on over to the cottage, I'm showing embarassing pics of my ugly bedroom and I need your advice!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

It must be my computer, which it doesn't surprise me! I alway enjoy all your songs on your play list.
Have a great day,
ginger

Anonymous said...

Morning BJ! Oh, don't you love this tag game. I love your songs! Did you know I was tagged 3 times with this same tag last week!
Thanks for popping in to see me. Sorry about your flash - would loved to have you join us. If you figure it out - snap snap snap and let me know. Even tho this post won't stay up, I'll keep the challenge open and always will show a Diva if she shows up.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Amelia said...

Loved your song selections...brought back lots of memories.

Amelia - class of '59

Rosie's Whimsy said...

The world needs more silly songs like these. Love them all!

Anonymous said...

You have some of my "not too embarrassed to love" songs on your list! Great post, BJ!

Anonymous said...

Hi BJ, We have the song thing this morning. Come on over since you like Ray Stevens. You will get a good laugh. I had the hardest time linking those songs, why, because I am sooooo computer challenged. love and hugs, Jeanne sigh!
I love your picks, all six of them. You gave us a bonus today. :)

Picket said...

Morning BJ...Fats Domino got me smiling already this morning! I love those songs but it won't let me listen to Johnny Cash...man...I love the new magazine cover girl...I just spotted that and of course I had to listen to Sweet Nothings before I leave! lol have a great day girl....I loved this!

Cathy said...

Hey there BJ.....Your song choices are funny!

Your blog is so cute!
cathy

Unknown said...

This is wonderful. You made me think of songs that I had forgotten about. This is a really fun exercise. Great choices and you made my day. Karen

Carole Burant said...

Oh, BJ, I so remember all these songs and in fact, just the other day I was playing Ray Steven's "The Streak" on my iTunes! hehe Also love Johnny Cash "One Piece At A Time" and they actually still play it quite often on the radio:-) Such a fun post!! xoxo

Midlife Mom said...

Great post BJ! I got to smiling reading down your list, I know almost ALL of those songs! The Streak always makes me howl with laughter! We all need to laugh more!!! :o)

Rhondi said...

Hi BJ
Thanks for the memories. I like all those somgs too and I'm not embarrassed one bit!
Hugs, Rhondi

nikkicrumpet said...

Hey BJ

I enjoyed your list but I gotta admit I only knew the first one lol. But anything that gives you a good laugh is golden! I figure my day isn't complete until I've had a good chuckle.

Have a great one!

Barb said...

Hi BJ,

You have great taste in music. Thank you for the memories tonight.

Celene said...

Hi BJ, I haven't been keeping up with blogs lately, but trying to get better. Last I was here you had just had surgery. So glad you are doing well. God bless you! I loved your post. The songs are great. Your little package was so cute yesterday, too! Prim Hugs, Celene

Life on the Edge said...

I'm not very familiar with some of these songs, but The Streak is one song that I always loved. My favorite parts were, "Don't look Ethel!" and "Ethel! You come back here! Ethel, you shameless Hus-sy!" Lol, too funny!

Kady

Susie Q said...

Ah!! I have been asked to do this as well and it looks like fun! Now, when Johnny did A Boy Named Sue, you can guess what *I* got at school huh? *laugh*
And Ray Stevens was always fun.
I think I know every word to Yellow Sub and now, Grace does too!

Love,
Sue

Ms.Daisy said...

Hi BJ,
I love your song choices and I almost listed "The Streak" but I guess I wasn't THAT embarrassed by it! LOL! :) It is a funny song!


Thanks for stopping by,

~Jean