FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Thursday, August 14, 2008

ANOTHER RECIPE AND A .....WHAT IS IT ??

I AM A HUGH FAN OF
"EASY COOKING".....
and
REE
at
(my cookin' HERO)
has this
FABULOUS RECIPE (and many more EASY recipes)
FOR THE TASTIEST
SNACKS
EVER...






JUST GO OVER TO HER DELICIOUS SITE AND YOU WILL FIND THIS RECIPE.
These tasty little morsels will put
ROMANCE
back in your life, they are so good !!
Your hubby will think you are SUCH a great cook !
He will probably clean up the kitchen,
SPIC AND SPAN
once you are finished cooking and then say
"LET ME TAKE YOU TO A MOVIE, YOU SWEET THANG"
ADDED NOTE:
BE SURE to go over and read the recipe...these take 2 hrs to cook
in order to keep both the cracker and the bacon CRISP....
******************************
There's so many great recipes over at
THE PIONEER WOMAN COOKS.....
you'll be glad you paid her a visit....
******************************************

*****************************************


AND NOW FOR THE

WHAT IS IT ?


THE SWEETEST SON*IN*LAW
and
GRANDCHILDREN
brought this lovely plant to me on the day I came home from the hospital awhile back...
At the time, I had NEVER seen anything like it...
I did notice some in the plant section of our grocery store the other day.
As usual with plants and flowers,
I don't have a clue

WHAT IT IS....

I am learning it needs LOTS of water...light and probably needs to be transplanted into
a larger container.
ANOTHER QUESTION...

HOW LARGE WILL IT GET ?
and
HOW LARGE WILL THOSE HAIRY, PINK, FUZZY THINGS GET ?
If they are going to get HUGH, I am going to get SCARED !!
HAHA...

************************************

HAVE A FUN DAY TODAY...
love, bj
*************************

Don't forget to leave a comment BY FRIDAY NIGHT on my PINK post this week
for a chance at winning the
HOT PINK AND WHIT POLKA DOT THROW..
I've added a few things to sweeten the pot that you might like.
*****************
"THE THING THAT MATTERS IS NOT WHAT YOU BEAR
BUT HOW YOU BEAR IT"
author unknown

26 comments:

Anita said...

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen a recipe like that...
You know, I've seen those plants, but I've never know what they are!

Have a fabulous day!

Kathleen Grace said...

That recipe looks great but I'm pretty sure it would end up on my chin and hips:>P *sigh* why is all the good stuff fattening? I have no idea what the plant is. I think I have seen plants like that but cant remember what they were called.

Unknown said...

Hi Bj,
that is a great looking recipe. I have no idea what the plant is called. Maybe someone will come along and name it for you!
diane

Anonymous said...

I think I've got to try that recipe. Plant is pretty, but I'm not sure what it is.

Nancy in North Carolina

Picket said...

Morning BJ...Ohhhh anything with bacon gets my vote! lol Beautiful plant but I have no idea what it is...take care girl and have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Can't help you out on the plant but I have seen them about. The snack looks like something the guys around here would like. I enjoy the Pioneer woman too. I just made her pork shoulder recipe- yummy. Blessings...

nikkicrumpet said...

Now that looks like a recipe that even I could handle! Pretty plant...I bet tootsie would know what it is. Have a SUPER day!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Okay, I think I could do that one! It does look so yummy~~ Your song that your playing is one of my favorite's.Your plant is pretty good luck. I love to garden but when it comes to indoor plants I am the worse!!
ginger

Mama said...

Good morning, bj! I think you have a chenille plant. We'll wait and see if any real experts come in and answer your question, as I'm just a dabbler.

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

That must be fantastic. I saw such a plant often but I don't know the name or anything about it. I will try to find out something about it.

Love Suzy

nikkicrumpet said...

Hey BJ

It's easy to do...you don't even need a photoshop program. You can use a place called photobucket.com they let you download your pictures for free. Then you use the edit button, then the special effects button. Choose "fresco" and then TADA! You have the altered picture. I just e-mail it to CVS Pharmacy, you can use Walmart too... let me know if you need any more info. Take care

Anonymous said...

Hi bj.... well, you know me if a plant isn't from Homesense and fake I couldn't tell you what it is!! Hope you are keeping well these days, I do enjoy your blog my friend!! Love Chrissy (seacliff)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Does that bacon get crispy? Looks sooo good!! Not sure what that plant is....hmmmm
xo
P

Rue said...

Hi Bj :)

My husband will most definitely thank you for posting that recipe. He puts bacon on EVERYTHING LOL

I have no idea what that plant is, but it scares me a little.

hugs,
ruzzer ;)

Anonymous said...

I've seen this recipe over at Ree's, and it does look yummy.

I believe that is what people call a chenille plant. They make a gorgeous hanging basket, but beware - they require a lot of water and humidity.

Bo said...

I consulted my BROWN thumb and it told me what I already knew...I have no clue what that little fuzzy bugger is, but I think it's pretty. You turned me on to the pioneer woman with those jalapeno thingies a while back...I've made several of her tasty recipes. Thanks :-) Brown-Eyes

Amelia said...

I cast my vote that it is a chenille plant...I have never had one but I am sure you can find out info searching the net.

The bacon cracker creations sound good.

Have a great weekend.

Cyndy said...

Oh, those crackers look scrumptious and here just in time for football season. I bet the men would love to munch on those while watching the games!!!!
I made PW's orange marmalade cake just last week. It was so good! She's got some great recipes, now I'll have to try this one too! Along with your raisin bran muffins. Boy, I'll really be in the kitchen a lot this week. My husband may appreciate all the time I spend on the computer if I keep coming up with these great recipes. LOL
Haven't got a clue about the plant. Good luck with it.

said...

Those appetizers look mouth-watering.

And the plant will make a great conversation piece!

Anonymous said...

Hi BJ,

This snack looks yummy! I think it's a catter-pitter plant!!! lol!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks good and easy too. I'll have to make a note of the recipe.

Thanks!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi BJ...that does look like a Chenille plant or Red Hot Cattail.
Thanks for the great recipe! YUM!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Oh, got so carried away drooling over the bacon...forgot to say...loved you comments at Gollum...made me laugh! Thanks!
:-) Susan

Dena said...

That recipe would work really well in my house! Of course, I'd have to cook up a private batch for me because they'd all be gone otherwise!

Hugs,
D

Life on the Edge said...

I have no clue what that plant is, but it sure looks interesting! I love those pink fuzzy things growing from it. I am basically totally clueless when it comes to plants, even though I have amazing stuff blooming all over my yard! Looks like your family wanted to get you something very special and unique!

I will have to check out that recipe! I love your pic as that describes me to a T. I love nice clean homes and lovely dinners, but oh my...all that escapes me! The bacon-cracker things look awesome!

Kady

Queen Goob said...

Yes, that plant is a chenille plant, otherwise know as a bottle brush plant. Fairly easy to take care of, too.

DANG.....I missed the give-a-way.

Happy Pink Saturday!