FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

LET'S PLAY TAG.................


Sweet Karen over at karenskorner tagged me for another fun game:

7 RANDOM OR WEIRD THINGS ABOUT MYSELF:

1. I am claustrophobic....fear of enclosed places, and have been for most of my life.

2. I am moderately afraid of flying....I can do it but I sure don't like it !!

3. I took flying lessons when I was in my 30's, just to be able to land a plane if ever I needed to.
(hubby and brother bought a small plane and I was soooo scared of it!) .I had no intentions of ever getting my pilot license so when my flight instructor said it was time for me to solo, I said,
"thanks, but, no thanks."!

4. I started coloring my hair when I was a senior in high school to cover the gray.

5. I saw Elvis in person in 1956 and was forever more in love with him! :)

6. I have never liked having something, especially clothing, like "everyone" elses. When black
leather jackets were "in", I wanted a brown one!

7. I will not ask anyone to do anything for me that I can do for myself. Sometimes, I get pretty
"stretched" at times as I've also never learned to say no to a lot of things. I AM getting
better at saying no, tho. I think AGE takes care of a lot of those things.

**************
Anyone that cares to join in this tag, please do so.....it's so much fun to read little tidbits of your personality.
***************
GOD's Dirt . .

God is sitting in Heaven when a scientist says to Him, "Lord, we don't need you anymore. Science has finally figured out a way to create life out of nothing.In other words, we can now do what you did in the 'beginning'."

"Oh, is that so? Tell me..." replies God.

"Well", says the scientist, "we can take dirt and form it into the likeness of you and breathe life into it, thus creating man."

"Well, that's interesting. Show Me."

So the scientist bends down to the earth and starts to mold the soil.

"Oh no, no, no..." interrupts God,
(I love this)

"Get your own dirt".
***************************

Due to having guests in our home for the next few days, I will not be working on my computer.
See ya'll a little bit later, tho!
Hugs !!

17 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning BJ,
Burrrr!!!! I have been knocking on your door since before 4:00a.m. and it's so freezing outside. May I come in and have some coffee and maybe a Cinnamon Bun? LOL. Girlfriend, it is cold here this morning. It is currently 19 degrees with a windchill of 7 degrees. I've got my heat up almost on 80 degrees. The high today is only going to be around 32 degrees and back down into the teens again tonight. "THANK YOU" for doing the Tag. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm skeered of heights too. Way skeered. LOL. I have flown before as well, but I was a big baby on the plane. LOL. I always love reading things about everyone. It helps me to get to know them better. I love the joke. That is just too cute. I hope you have fun and enjoy your company. We gonna miss you, but we understand tho. Take care my friend and have a great day. "THANKS" for letting me get warmed up here. LOL. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

kari and kijsa said...

LOL! Love these! Wanted to wish you a wonderful, prosperous, safe and healthy New Year! Here is to a fabulous 2008!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

I loved catching up on your posts of the last few days. Have a wonderful beginning of a brand new year !!

Betty said...

Hi BJ, I just loved the joke. That is so funny. Guess God told him, lol!

I enjoyed learning more about you through the "tag" you did. I don't like to fly either, but I will if I have to. They say it's safer to fly than it is to be on the highway, and I'm sure it is.

Have a good rest of the day.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Happy New Year to you, too BJ! Loved reading the facts about yourself. We share some similar ones...claustrophobic and flying. grrrr.

Enjoying your friendship,
Becky

Nan said...

That's a good joke about the dirt!
You took flying lessons, huh. Cool.
Nan

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo claustophobic that they can't get an MRI when I needed one. Fortunately my condition cleared up and I didn't have to go to the big city for an open MRI!

I've never flown so I don't know if I'm scared of that or not...

Loved the God/dirt story!!

You'll be missed but have fun!!

Anonymous said...

"God Dirt" was funny and to the point! Loved it! I'm really afraid of flying. I'll do it but I always think I'm going to die and then when we land I usually cry cause I'm so happy to be alive LOL!

Manuela

Talk..to..Grams said...

That was fun reading your meme! I won't have a closed MRI I have to have a open MRI! I just can't do it!!
Have a good time with your guests and we well see you later!! Love and hugs Grams

Anita said...

First of all, I could hear "I Can Only Imagine" 50 times a day and it would still make tears run down my face... That song puts everything into perspective, doesn't it?
Next, I want to play! :D I could list weird things about myself all day... Haha!!
Now... We have so much in common! I am claustrophobic... I say I don't like flying (could be just because I have never set foot on a plane), I don't likebeing "just like everyone else" - I listen to certain music until it gets to be popular, and then I go find something that no one else I know listens to... lol I so envy you having seen Elvis! ;)
I started coloring my hair after having my first child... For some reason, my hair changed color during my pregnancy and stayed that way... it was much darker than it was before... I still color it the same color, 20 year later... lol
My gosh, this is a long comment! I'm sorry!
Have a great evening, and a better tomorrow!!

Donna said...

Enjoyed reading your facts! Wanted to wish you a wonderful and happy new year!
Loved the dirt joke.
Donna

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Thank-you BJ it is always nice to know more about my blogging buddies. The next couple of weeks I won't be blogging much because my hours changed this week and next week I will be in Arizona for a few days. But I will pop in when ever I can.
ginger

KellytheCulinarian said...

Cool game -- hope you enjoy your guests!

Cottage Contessa said...

Great post BJ. Have a terrific time with your friends sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Geets said...

just stumbled on to your cute blog. happy new year,bj!!!!

Marcela said...

Hello Bj
I will miss you!!!!
Have a wonderful week my dear
Love
Marcela

~~Deby said...

,,,hmmm...this was so good....
our God sure does have the right answer for EVERYTHING..
Deby
think it is the first time at your blog..
Deby