Be sure to stop by her site and say "hello" and join in her fun meme. She'll be glad to see ya!
NAN @ ON MY PORCH invited me to share in my first Christmas Meme. Be sure to go over to her site and read her answers....it's such a neat way to get to know each other a little better.
1. Christmas is BLESSINGS. (fill in the blank with one word.)
2. In memories, what is the best part of your Christmases past? All of my aunts, uncles and cousins would come to our house for Christmas Day and, even as a kid, I realized how blessed we were to be able to all be together.
3, Was Santa ever good to you? Oh, my.....YES....he was always good. The Santa I have now and have had for almost 48 years is good to me ALL THE TIME, not just at Christmas.
4. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or both? When our kids were young, we opened gifts from each other on Christmas Eve...Santa came on Christmas morning for the kids. Now, we have our whole family over for opening of gifts on Christmas Eve.
5. Is there something you make each and every year? We make Candy Cane Cookies and Stained Glass Cookies to hang on the tree and sneak one every time we walk by!
6. What is your favorite 5 Christmas songs? I like "Walking in a Winter Wonderland", "I'll be Home for Christmas", "White Christmas", "Silent Night" and "Jingle Bells".
7. Is there a new tradition for Christmas since your childhood days? Yes...we hang up a stocking for each member of our family. For some reason, when I was little, we just didn't do stockings. Then, with my first child, my mom made him a Christmas stocking...that started it all and now I hang 17 stocking each Christmas.
8. Describe one of your Christmas trips. When our kids were 8 and 13, we took them on a Christmas snow skiing trip in New Mexico. We had such a great time and will always remember it.
9. Do you have a special Christmas outfit to wear for the day? No, but I usually wear a Christmas sweater or Christmas colors and a cute Santa pin.
10. Have YOU or any of your family members sat on Santa's lap? Haha...with 2 children and 10 grandchildren, we have ALL sit on his lap at one time or another..(but not all at the same time!) lol
11. What is/or will be on your Christmas tree this year? Santa Clauses and a Christmas fairy.
12. Do you/or have you decorated your yard for Christmas? We put white, sparkly lights on the roof line of our house and icicle lights all around the front and a Christmas wreath on the door.
Thanks to Hootin' Anni's for this fun game.