FYI

My NEW blog address is
bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

and I have a link to where you can receive
SWEET NOTHINGS posts in your EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Please go to the NEW BLOG.
thanks, bj

Friday, June 11, 2010

RANDOM THOUGHTS....

Before we left on our C.R.U.I.S.E
we had ANOTHER cloudy, exciting, rainy day...
I say EXCITING because ANYtime it rains out here in WEST TEXAS,
it's exciting !!


It was dark enough most of the morning that
I had lamps turned on and...
I LOVE THAT !
*



*
Little tiny tangerines...
good, juicy, but not very sweet..
Not nearly as tasty as CLEMENTINES....
**
*

RUBY RED grapefruits ALWAYS remind me of TIMES PAST...
My mother had them for my brother and I ..a LOT...for breakfast.
She always wanted us to start our day with FRUIT..
'course, we always put so much SUGAR on them, I doubt they were all that good for us..
STILL...
I start buying them a lot around this time of year and they are sooo good.
and...I still put lots of sugar on mine.
*
*
There's a LOT of foods that remind me of my mother...
COMFORT FOODS....for sure.
When I was very young,
my mother and daddy divorced...
I spent a week with him each summer but....
*
that didn't allow us to form any kind of bond.
*
He was sweet...and very good to me....
I can't ever remember even a cross word.
But...
I never REALLY knew him.
*
I never knew about his hopes....his dreams...his concerns....his joys.
**
I DO know of one of his favorite foods...
biscuits with molasses poured over them...
with fried potatoes and hot coffee..
**
But..that's not a LOT to know about your daddy..

I DID get a wonderful step-father that I loved dearly...
and he loved my brother and I very much..
I spent all my childhood with him and when I lost him 18 years ago....
I LOST MY DADDY...!!
hE was the one that taught me to use all my fruit skins
mixed with spices to simmer on my stove top...
**
It makes the entire cottage smell heavenly...
and I never smell a fruity room scent that I don't think of him...
**
Foods are powerful reminders of days present...
and days gone by.
comments turned off

No comments: